Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: Sex sites

AVF Regular
    Id post the script i created to amass a hosts file from various sources, except it only works by running Acryclic DNS server, it would choke windows own DNS server

If youre really bored you can see it here: https://pastebin.com/F6rXNEG0

It relies on a standalone DNS server (Acrylic DNS, though i still send basic telemetry domains to the normal windows hosts file just in case microsoft sneaks past the Acrylic DNS server - unlikely), a bunch of linux common binaries compiled for windows, other files and paths that wont exist on your average windows PC (for one all my scripts run from a squid folder on my e: drive), so even if you are silly enough to try cutting and pasting it into a batch file and run it, its not going to do much but display a ton of errors, download some hosts files that will be useless without the extra processing via the unix binaries and backup your current hosts file

Only posting to show the extremes one can go to to block adware/malware etc

Unlike to Ublock/Adblock, and like the normal windows hosts file, this blocks domains system wide, not just the browser

Then theres windows firewall rules (http://iplists.firehol.org/)...using FireHol frequently verified ip lists of bad ip's and networks...currently i have 67 rules, each containing 100 lines of entire subnets...in other words 6700 subnets, subnets containing countless ip's under that subnet, actually the current nearest round number at this moment is 650,592,314 bad ip's

This is what i consider relatively safe for anyone to try who wants to, its easy to apply, and easy to remove the rules, its here: hhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/yfccqre8g...cking.zip?dl=0

Its a 1Mb zip file containing the following:

firehol_blocking_update.bat (needs to be run as admiinistrator user) - batch file to download firehol level 1 bad ip and subnets (firehol_level1.netset.txt), and creates firewall rules for them - named BlockItxx (xx being sequencial numbers), each rule having 100 ip's/subnets in them. It removes any current BlockIt rules when you next run it before creating the new ones, so if you run this on a schedule it will firts remove the current rules, download the new list and create new rules from the list. I have this run a a sheduled task, buut equally you can run it manually as you see fit. The rules apply to both incoming and outgoing traffic.

This is a screenshot of my firewall with the rules in place...each line has 100 ip's/subnets within that rule...just part of the listing, mine goes up to (currently) Blockit 67....

firehol_blocking_removal.bat (needs to be run as admiinistrator user) - batch file to remove all BlockIt rules, in case you want to fully remove the rules created by the above, in other words reverse changes if suddenly you cant reach a network theyve listed and may have listed in error, or you just want to remove it.

curl.exe - a unix binary compiled for windows that downloads the firehol_level1.netset.txt file in firehol_blocking_update.bat. This is safe and scanned clean, nevertheless your AV will scan it anyways...

grep.exe - a unix binary used to in this case remove the comment lines (beginning with #) in firehol_level1.netset.txt during the running of firehol_blocking_update.bat. This is safe and scanned clean, nevertheless your AV will scan it anyways...

Note 1: there *can* be a *slight* penalty in initial network connection when browsing web pages with these rules in effect. I say can, as in ive heard others report this. For me i dont really notice any ill effects, and im running all my traffic through firefox with Ublock (just in case something gets through my extensive acryclic dns and squid blocklists), antivirus, a squid caching server and firewall, and lastly Acrylic DNS with hosts file.... YMMV

Note 2: there are level2 and level3 lists you could also apply, but you wont want to get clever and add those to the script because it will seriously lag windows netwokr connection and possibly startup nto to mention the firewall interface when opening, as in 15 minutes. I know this from testing

edit: forgot to include grep.exe in my initial zip...fixed
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 19-10-17 at 07:07 PM.
    rodbam and rockmoose like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    Where's the host file kept Fab & do I just copy & paste it to send to you? I'm using adblock plus & don't have any problems now at AVF.
    Its located at: c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

You likely will need to enable Show hidden files and folders to see it though, see here (saves me having to post steps for each different Windows version): https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...windows-vista/
    rodbam likes this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Handy shopping links:

AVF Regular
    Where's the host file kept Fab & do I just copy & paste it to send to you? I'm using adblock plus & don't have any problems now at AVF.
    As Style said, it's c:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts

I'll PM you my email address. When I send it back I will include instructions that will allow you to copy it back over a system file. It's no big deal but does require you to change the permissions, which you can do with the mouse on Windows 10.

It's also not a hidden file on Windows 10 so I believe you will have not trouble seeing it or attaching it.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    double post
    stylemessiah likes this.

Super Moderator
    My original win10 hosts file (note: no filename extension) had nothing in it, and I just replaced it with the one I downloaded from the site I linked above
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    My original win10 hosts file (note: no filename extension) had nothing in it, and I just replaced it with the one I downloaded from the site I linked above
    This is quite true, I just checked on my virtual Win 10 machine and the only content was comment lines which have no effect.

I wouldn't want to fall into the trap that this was always going to be the case though.

For anyone following along but unfamiliar with the hosts file (or system text files generally), any blank lines or lines starting with '#' are comments for information only. They have no effect on system operation and can be deleted.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    Correct the localhost entries people are used to seeing from the old old days have been done internally now for a while and therefore most peoples hosts files if they only have comments are technically blank

But there are people out there who will have some legitimate entries added by 3rd party software, or added manually for a variety of reasons

Always best to check
    rodbam likes this.

Handy shopping links:

AVF Regular
    Sent the host file Fab & I'm running Win 7 64bit. I know I know my mods are old too:-)
    gtadmin, Fatman and stylemessiah like this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    This is disgraceful.... it doesn't stop on this free forum software and our admin. does nothing much to combat it (except when someone complains). I'm sorry to be so negative, but I won't even point people to this forum for vaping help anymore.

Yep, you can let people know how to fix it every time someone bring it up or we can just keep losing very important vapers on this forum because of this ongoing issue.

There is so much good information here, but I feel we really have to bite the bullet and work out how to move from this particular 'free forum' software.

I'm all for a move into something else much more professional if we have enough people to help organise. I really think it's time to lift our Aussie vaping game. I'm game if you all are? It needs lots of organising and hopefully consent from Jatso to move stuff.

This can't continue.... it's not the look we can or should associate with.

Added note: I've never had any 'popup site', sex or general, from another other vaping forum globally... only this one.
    Last edited by Jemor53; 19-10-17 at 06:47 PM.
    Midlife, rodbam and emu like this.
    Jemor

Vaping since 27/05/2017

AVF Regular
    Sent the host file Fab & I'm running Win 7 64bit. I know I know my mods are old too:-)
    I just sent you the hosts file and some instructions that should work. Welcome to your new ad free faster computer :-)

You can disable the adblockers - they will probably just slow things down now.
    gtadmin likes this.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast