Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By margyb

Thread: Seeking your advice and guidance, please!

Smile Seeking your advice and guidance, please!

Hi!
    I only joined your forum yesterday, although I have been popping in and out since January. I am wanting to take up vapers (e-cigarettes) as it is my limited understanding I will still get the "nictone fix" without the other additives and it is more socially acceptable, as well as being considerably cheaper. Please correct me if I am wrong in my assumptions.
    I smoke about 40 a day, Longbeach Menthol dark green (they are stronger than "fresh" or light).
    How do I know where to find information/prices/stockists and how to understand the terminology?
    I really would appreciate your help!
    Cheers
    Waggles

AVF Regular
    There is a lot of information on this forum and by doing a google search.

It really depens what you are after. If you want an ecig that looks close to a real cig get a White starter kit Halo G6 model here Halo Electronic Cigarette and a few bottles of liquid. White batteries have an orange light, the other colours have a blue light on the end.

Youll need to order juice overseas if you want nicotine because its illegal for an Australian company to supply juice with nic. But is legal to import it for personal use.

If you want a larger ecig that doesnt looke like a cigarette but has better battery life the Ego models are very popular.

AVF Regular
    Sorry to be so short with you, but it's now dinner time for me.

It's all been written about in these forums before, more than a few times.
    While waiting for an answer here, look through the other threads.

Good luck.

hi and welcome Waggles!

I started off on a pen style Joye 510 model (great to start but the constant battery recharging game me the irrates) so I upgraded to an eGo 1000mah passthroguh battery (basiccally I can vape whilst my ego is on charge at my laptop via USB cable).

I was smoking the equivalent of 16mg smokes, and converted to 18mg juice. You can buy these from OS, better to start with an order of some premixed juices + some unflavoured nicotine juice. (You may want to try some 'doublers' from local vendors). I personally have used HealthCabin, with no dramas whatsoever.

What nic level is suitable for you?- You only can tell by trying! If it gives you a headspin/vomity feeling, chances are it is too strong. So perhaps order some 18mg, 12mg and see how you go (I would buy a few different 10ml bottles, that way if you don't like them it isn't a great deal of money wasted.

Good luck and keep us updated!

forum search 'starter' or 'start'.
    its all been posted a million times.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    Sorry double post
    Last edited by margyb; 13-04-12 at 07:03 PM.

AVF Regular
    Hi Waggles and welcome
    I smoked 30-40 holiday gold cigarettes a day and never thought I would be able to give up but I did when I started vaping.
    There is a lot to learn and it does take time researching.
    Read everything on the new vapers forum and ask away
    Good luck

Checkout this link with video (it is old but can be useful )

Video that really helped me out getting started
    AutumnGirl likes this.

Super Moderator
    Hi there waggled, welcome to AVF. As some of the other users have said there are lots of threads about starting out.
    Here's a really extensive one to help you Noob looking at starter kit, please don't hesitate to post in there as required!