Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Dont Know What Im Doing Wrong?!

Dont Know What Im Doing Wrong?!

hey all its been just over a couple weeks since i started vaping as much fun as it has been the frustrations setting in
    everytime i clean something it stops working on me. cleaned a stardust last week rinsed and dry burnt it refilled and it tastes like smoking an ashtray
    then today after cleaning an ego batt. and an atty using the vinegar and baking soda method left it to dry for 48 hrs refilled and put a new tank in smells and tastes burnt from the battery to the atomizer as well as the tank after having a vape from it. sitting here scratching my head thinking of the next plan of attack lol should i just bin them incase the batteries fried or the atties short circuited or do a re-clean ? many thanks in advance

Been a while since ive used an ego. I usually clean the battery terminal with a bit of paper towel, maybe some metho on the paper towel if it was lucky. Atty's I have always cleaned with a hand held steam cleaner. I hold the atty with a clothes peg and blast away. leave it to cool down for a sec then blow the excess crap out with your mouth onto a tissue/paper towel. hope this helps.
    Just ignore me and I'll go away.

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Ensure to clean all the green, gunky stuff off the battery contact. But if it's firing, you're getting a connection therefore that's not the problem. The ego atties will just do that after a while, without replacing the wick. Stardusts work good for a while, but the wick will wear out & eventually stop performing as good as they did new. I have had little success cleaning them out, the ego atties survive 1 or 2 cleans then stop vaping well. Also the juice you use can affect the longevity of your hardware.

The problem is definitely not your battery, I'd look into some new end pieces.
    Signature link removed. Violation of vendor rules.

http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum-announcements-feedback/16371-avf-moving-forward.html

atomizers and cartomizers etc. are definitely a consumable item that needs replacing every so often, some are more durable than others... but compared to the cost of cigarettes, it's not a big deal! If it starts tasting nasty I might try a gentle clean or two but generally just shelve it and get a new one happening :-)
    Sophiie and MissMist like this.

I cbf cleaning cartos anymore, i buy crap loads of spare now instead and dispose of ones that taste burned. with atomizers i put them in coke overnight and rinse, let dry and they are good to go.. unless they've had it, i throw them too

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2
    Sophiie likes this.
    Click to follow me on Twitter @AVapingAffair or my evergrowing collection: Tumblr

AVF Regular
    Have you seen this video ? on cleaning an ego attie?
    I have only done it once but it did work and i managed to dry burn all the gunk off the coil

How I clean my eGo-t atty... or... Sunday morning at Vicky's kitchen sink - YouTube
    Robray likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by evil bloke View Post
    Been a while since ive used an ego. I usually clean the battery terminal with a bit of paper towel, maybe some metho on the paper towel if it was lucky. Atty's I have always cleaned with a hand held steam cleaner. I hold the atty with a clothes peg and blast away. leave it to cool down for a sec then blow the excess crap out with your mouth onto a tissue/paper towel. hope this helps.
    Thanks for recommending this i'll make sure to try this method next time i clean attys.

Quote Originally Posted by margyb View Post
    Have you seen this video ? on cleaning an ego attie?
    I have only done it once but it did work and i managed to dry burn all the gunk off the coil

How I clean my eGo-t atty... or... Sunday morning at Vicky's kitchen sink - YouTube

hey margyb have that video bookmarked on the laptop hopefully try it out later down the track when im more "advanced" don't think i trust myself to take it apart.... just yet
    just gonna stock up on some more atties and cartos till i figure out a cleaning method that suits me another excuse to do more shopping and trying out even more stuff from our aussie vendors

Thanks all for the quick replys and ill be sure to try them all

AVF Regular
    With the vinegar and baking soda method, you must make sure you have got rid of all the soda out of the attie.
    Once I think the attie is cleaned, I keep dropping the vinegar in until you see the vinegar running out the bottom without the sizzle.
    Then a good fresh water rinse & dry before a few dry burns.

Good luck.

I have tried and succeeded cleaning Stardusts and cartos - just lots of hot water followed by (for the cartos) a ten minute boil in a pan. I have stopped bothering with the cartos though. Too much trouble for what are pretty cheap disposable items IMO. I am finding the Stardusts crack and leak after a couple of weeks anyway, but I usually get 1-2 cleans in before they do.

I only have one atty (for dripping) and I have never cleaned it. I use no-flavour juice between flavours to clear it out a bit. I don't use it much so it probably just hasn't needed cleaning yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast