Joyetech extra large 510 battery

Am new to vaping. Bought a kit from Health E Cigarette Australia. The kit contained 2 standard 510 batteries. I then purchased an extra large Joyetech 510 battery from ecigswarehouse. Had it on for the initial charging for over 12 hours. The light on the usb remained red and did not turn green as the standard battery did. Gave up in the end, didn't want to burn anything out. Emailed the warehouse am yet to receive a reply, meanwhile was wondering if anybody else has had this problem.

CCC
    There may not have been a very good connection between your charger and the battery, so it is likely that it wasn't charging at all, you may have to investigate this to see if you can make it connect better.

I'll try it again. It did have some charge in it when I received it maybe, if I let it run down a little it may result in a better outcome. Thanks for your speedy response, much appreciated.

AVF Regular
    The ego chargers pump out more power than the standard 510 chargers.
    What battery did you buy?
    Was it an EGo or a 340mah 510.
    The small chargers take 4-5 hours to charge my mini SD ecig and thats only 350mah.
    Your 510 would be 180mah and I gather it would take a few hours with that charger. A big ego is 1000mah. If you got an ego get a proper ego charger than trying to use your 510 one and it should be done in about 3-4 hours. If you only got an extra long 340mah 510, fucked if I know.
    Last edited by arth_d; 15-04-12 at 02:54 PM.

The battery is an auto 340mAh 60% more than my kit batteries at 280 mAh. I don't know what brand of e cig I got with the kit but, the larger battery is a joyetech bought from another vendor. I do have a another kit to try ego T with 650mAh would it's charger work better or will I blow myself up. I am a real dummy when it comes to electronics.lol!

AVF Regular
    I have charged my 510 with an ego charger. And it works. I think it fries out the batteries if you keep using it. It wont blow up but i think it may shorten the life of your 510. Id stick to the 510 charger for the 510 and the ego with the ego Once or twice wont hurt. Is the light on the charger green before you connect it. It should be. And turn red when you plug it on. If it changes colour it has a connection. Have you tried charging your old batteries on it again. Maybe the charger shit itself. Or just the batteries are fucked.

Yes. Both AC wall adaptor and usb work fine with the standards green light on before connection then turns red. Just not the larger battery. I'm trying again after cleaning terminals so far, no change from usb red light to green. The blue led light is remaining on ecig whilst charging.

CCC
    I dont know if the charger you have is compatible with your new batt then, get a joytech 510 charger from healthcabin

AVF Regular
    Try moving the center post of the battery up a bit with a small screwdriver so it makes better contact.

OK, Thanks for that.