Page 272 of 634 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282322372 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 6337
Like Tree8244Likes

Thread: NEW MEMBERS: Introduce yourself here!!!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginar View Post
    After 40 years of smoking I never thought the day would come .. but it has and all thanks to e-cigarettes. Over the years I have tried to give up using patches, gum, willpower and failed every time. I enjoyed smoking, my husband smokes and I just resigned myself to the fact that I would never be able to get rid of the addiction. But, having to pay $27.00+ a packet of 40 was really starting to p me off and I could not justify throwing money away like that anymore. I had heard about e-cigarettes and thought nothing to lose. I got online and ordered a 510, nic and flavours and have not looked back. I have now ordered an eGo for hubby for christmas and he can't wait for it to arrive.

Occasionally through the day I think I would like a cig but quickly push that thought away. I still have half a packet of cigs in my desk draw and can't bring myself to throw them out yet (don't know why). My husband thought I would never ever ever be able to give up the cigs, and I believe this time I have... for good!

I love this forum, it is such an inspiration and I am learning so much.
    40 years smoking. That would have to put you in the over 50s camp. Yippee, we're taking over. Welcome aboard!

Super Moderator
    Seems the FM went off half cocked lol ... apparently Jack was at the Sydney Vapemeet talking to peeps ... he did however break the no spamming the new vapers rule ... I have overturned the ban tho , and pmmed him with an apology , but with the reminder , IF he wishes to advertise his business , he MUST do so in the Vendor general forum
    No spamming links in New Vapers.
    margyb, mrs308hjute, spud and 1 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Hi All,

I wouldn't say I am new to ecigs or new to this forum, but i've just received a smack in the face for posting in the for sale forum for not introducing myself

I have been smoking cigarettes for over 10 years. Around 3 years ago, a friend brought out a joye 510 and I was quite curious on what it was and this was where my fascination began.

After doing some research I too purchased a 510 and was off analogs for several months. Unfortunately a close friend past away and during this time I relapsed and until around a year ago I started with Ecigs again.

This time armed with an Joye Ego-T but after while the leaking got annoying and I decided to change to a Mini Nova as it was all the rave back then. Soon after that, I moved to Boge Cartomizer tanks and it was great for a while but then I wanted a glass tank so I didn't have to worry about juice cracking the plastic tank. The pro tank or pootank as some of you may call it was my next choice and at this point in time I still occasionally use it but prefer the pro tank 2.

Recently I've been bored and have been looking into mechanicals and creating my own coils and wick. Today, I am using a pro-tank 2 with a diy coil at 1.5ohm and organic cotton wick powered by a vamo v4. This has made a huge difference in both vapour and flavour and I am quite enjoying it. The Vamo is a bit big in my opinion and I have ordered some mechanical clones such as the nemesis and chi from vaporbreak and fast tech.. hopefully these will arrive before Christmas. I've also ordered a kayfun clone as well after seeing some glowing reviews so I am hanging for that to arrive. I would love to buy genuine but they are a little pricey however I've recently come across the microstick by Chels and this is something I wouldn't mind paying for

I get all of my juices from MtVaporBaker and some of my favourites include Green Apple, Double mint gum, Mango tea. I also like to mix it up with a bit of menthol as well.

Thanks for reading and I'll make sure to post pictures when the items are received in the mail.

Cheers,

Will
    Last edited by willzy; 11-12-13 at 10:16 PM.
    Noe, margyb, lozza 82 and 6 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Welcome Will,

Thanks for the intro best of luck on your vaping journey

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Hi there. New to AVF, but not to vaping or vaping forums. I usually camp out at ECF and on reddit (ECR), but you folks seem real friendly, and it's always nice to get a different perspective on things. It seems that y'all use a lot of U.S. vendors, so I should be able to put my 2 cents in from time to time and provide some insight. I also started DIYing my juices a few months ago, and I have already come up with a few successful recipes. I tend to stick with tobacco flavors, though. I am looking forward to being a productive member and learning a thing or two from AVF.
    Last edited by spaceballsrules; 14-12-13 at 09:27 AM.
    Noe, margyb, lozza 82 and 3 others like this.

Rock On Spaceballrules and welcome. Also thanks for helping with my concentrates question
    spaceballsrules likes this.

AVF Regular
    Welcome spaceballs.

Top avatar.
    Pipes, tubes, boxes, atomisers.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceballsrules View Post
    Hi there. New to AVF, but not to vaping or vaping forums. I usually camp out at ECF and on reddit (ECR), but you folks seem real friendly, and it's always nice to get a different perspective on things. It seems that y'all use a lot of U.S. vendors, so I should be able to put my 2 cents in from time to time and provide some insight. I also started DIYing my juices a few months ago, and I have already come up with a few successful recipes. I tend to stick with tobacco flavors, though. I am looking forward to being a productive member and learning a thing or two from AVF.
    What kind of DIY do you do? Real ones like myself My first DIY :) or concentrates?If you do ones like myself and feel you could help out, feel free to post on the thread. If its concentrates, not really what I'm doing on that thread. Nice to see a new all rounder
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Rock On Spaceballrules and welcome. Also thanks for helping with my concentrates question
    My pleasure. I am glad I could shed some light on that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by 308hjute View Post
    Welcome spaceballs.

Top avatar.
    Gotta love Jack!

Quote Originally Posted by aussievapes View Post
    What kind of DIY do you do? Real ones like myself My first DIY :) or concentrates?If you do ones like myself and feel you could help out, feel free to post on the thread. If its concentrates, not really what I'm doing on that thread. Nice to see a new all rounder
    Jeff
    Concentrates for now, but I am no slouch when it comes to cooking or chemistry, so tinctures and double boiler extractions are not too far off in my future. I much prefer natural tobacco extracts to synthesized flavors, at least as far as flavor goes. The biggest problem I have seen with NETs is equipment friendliness. They can be pretty tough on wicks/coils, so it is imperative to filter them properly without losing the essence of the flavor. I have looked into the methodology behind the whole process, and although the whole process is rather simple, it's not something I will be exploring just yet. I still enjoy studying what others are doing in their own "labs" so I will definitely be giving your thread a thorough look-see.
    Last edited by spaceballsrules; 14-12-13 at 01:32 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceballsrules View Post
    My pleasure. I am glad I could shed some light on that for you.

Gotta love Jack!

Concentrates for now, but I am no slouch when it comes to cooking or chemistry, so tinctures and double boiler extractions are not too far off in my future. I much prefer natural tobacco extracts to synthesized flavors, at least as far as flavor goes. The biggest problem I have seen with NETs is equipment friendliness. They can be pretty tough on wicks/coils, so it is imperative to filter them properly without losing the essence of the flavor. I have looked into the methodology behind the whole process, and although the whole process is rather simple, it's not something I will be exploring just yet. I still enjoy studying what others are doing in their own "labs" so I will definitely be giving your thread a thorough look-see.
    I am having a bit of a issue of them clogging my coils, usually can vape around 3.5ml then have to wash the coil with boiling hot water, That's using a resuable coffee filter, I think I'll try 500 mesh and see how that goes.
    Jeff

LinkBacks (?)