Page 615 of 616 FirstFirst ... 115515565605613614615616 LastLast
Results 6,141 to 6,150 of 6155
Like Tree7994Likes

Thread: NEW MEMBERS: Introduce yourself here!!!

AVF Regular
    Queensland Between Brisbane and Gold Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    trying to quit the death sticks hope this works hi all
    Hi mate and welcome !

What is your set up and how are you finding it so far?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Life is about choices. Some we regret, some we’re proud of. Some will haunt us forever. The message: we are what we chose to be.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Hi Everyone!

My hubby and I are long term readers. It was coming up to our 1 year vaperversary so hubby encouraged me to sign up.

We see that there are heaps of nice people here so I did!

Hopefully we get to participate more soon, but for now I'm after a prezzie for the hubby - just to celebrate our one year off the smokes. Any suggestions would be great, obviously he is after a more manly vape mod upgrade.

MJ

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ_Sakura View Post
    Hi Everyone!

My hubby and I are long term readers. It was coming up to our 1 year vaperversary so hubby encouraged me to sign up.

Hopefully we get to participate more soon, but for now I'm after a prezzie for the hubby - just to celebrate our one year off the smokes. Any suggestions would be great, obviously he is after a more manly vape mod upgrade.

MJ
    Hey MJ, welcome to the forums! A bit of info would help people recommend a mod. Is he a mtl or dl styled? Does he run high watts or prefer temp control? Etc. Im sure someone will be along soon who has more experience with mods to help you!
    2/12/2016

AVF Regular
    Hi Everyone!

MJ
    Welcome MJ.

If you're looking for something regulated but high end and still affordable, have a peruse of this page as a starting point: https://www.vapordna.com/High-End-Vaporizers-s/2033.htm
    I'd tend to go with something with a DNA75 or better board in it, personally.

If hubby would like something in the way of a mechanical squonker, our very own Studio Vapes does great work and you're in luck: it looks like he might be about to start a new run:
    Studiovape's stabilised wood squonkers, here's a quick look
    It's a part time obsession, so you might need to allow time for these but they are really worth the wait.

Sonar is in the USA and also makes mechanicals and squonkers. They are affordable and well made - I have one myself.
    Sonar Mods coming to AVF !
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Welcome MJ.

If you're looking for something regulated but high end and still affordable, have a peruse of this page as a starting point: https://www.vapordna.com/High-End-Vaporizers-s/2033.htm
    I'd tend to go with something with a DNA75 or better board in it, personally.

If hubby would like something in the way of a mechanical squonker, our very own Studio Vapes does great work and you're in luck: it looks like he might be about to start a new run:
    Studiovape's stabilised wood squonkers, here's a quick look
    It's a part time obsession, so you might need to allow time for these but they are really worth the wait.

Sonar is in the USA and also makes mechanicals and squonkers. They are affordable and well made - I have one myself.
    Sonar Mods coming to AVF !
    Thanks for the welcome fabricator4 and Deadonarrival. hehehe... I kinda of jumped in head first and bought him the Therion DNA that was listed in the classified section. I hope he will like it... It won't be a surprise though as he will probably troll the threads anyway. Either way if he doesn't I guess I can sell it back here.

Also to answer Deadonarrivals question, he started at mtl but moved on pretty quickly to the direct lung style. Guess he loved the clouds as you would say. I just still vape the pen style vape things. Might move on to a more expensive version though (the pens look so classy even though they feel more like magic wands). I've kind of given up both vaping and smoking, as I was really only a social smoker. Only really vape what I get the urge to have some nicotine. Don't get me wrong I just really love some of the juices available. This is probably why I keep on vaping on the odd occasion lol.
    DocM and Deadonarrival like this.

AVF Regular
    Might move on to a more expensive version though (the pens look so classy even though they feel more like magic wands). I've kind of given up both vaping and smoking, as I was really only a social smoker. Only really vape what I get the urge to have some nicotine. Don't get me wrong I just really love some of the juices available. This is probably why I keep on vaping on the odd occasion lol.
    Yep, that's perfectly fine. You were mostly a social smoker, so it's no surprise that you would only vape occasionally too. As long as you are not smoking, that's the main thing. The pen style stuff sounds like it is perfect for you and if you enjoy it, don't worry about what other people are doing - there is no wrong way not to smoke, just what you are happy with.
    DocM likes this.

Hi All, Had a few tries at vaping but pretty sure I have a strong PG intolerance. I really want to figure it out so thought I'd sign up here.. I'm sure a lot of my issues have been asked and answered before so I've got lots of reading to do. Thanks!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr5o1 View Post
    Hi All, Had a few tries at vaping but pretty sure I have a strong PG intolerance. I really want to figure it out so thought I'd sign up here.. I'm sure a lot of my issues have been asked and answered before so I've got lots of reading to do. Thanks!
    Are you mixing diy from scratch or using ready made juice or using singlers and doublers? In other words, more info needed

One thing right off the bat if you diy your juice from scratch is you can use high VG (and/or high vg nic base), and to counteract the thick viscosity you can use distilled water to thin it out so it wicks better, ive done it this way for 90% VG when i had a bad run of bad PG....did it for like 6-8 months. The only PG i had was in my nic base because that was 100% PG...

If youre mixing and adding nic to singlers and doublers, then your options to monkey with adding extra vg/distilled water are going to be limited by the starting vg/pg ratios of the singler/doubler and the nic base vg/pg %, and may mute the flavours...
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 18-09-17 at 12:32 PM.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 14/08/17

Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    Are you mixing diy from scratch or using ready made juice or using singlers and doublers? In other words, more info needed

One thing right off the bat if you diy your juice from scratch is you can use high VG (and/or high vg nic base), and to counteract the thick viscosity you can use distilled water to thin it out so it wicks better, ive done it this way for 90% VG when i had a bad run of bad PG....did it for like 6-8 months. The only PG i had was in my nic base because that was 100% PG...

If youre mixing and adding nic to singlers and doublers, then your options to monkey with adding extra vg/distilled water are going to be limited by the starting vg/pg ratios of the singler/doubler and the nic base vg/pg %, and may mute the flavours...
    Yeah sorry, I wasn't expecting help with the PG issue in this thread, thought I'd read up on it a bit more.

I could write pages about it, but to put it briefly I've been buying ready to vape stuff from nz. I'm worried that just dialling down the PG ratio isn't going to cut it, because even small quantities of Max VG, 0mg nic, juice makes me feel nauseous and wicked tired. I was planning to try 100% VG with a high vg nic base.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr5o1 View Post
    Yeah sorry, I wasn't expecting help with the PG issue in this thread, thought I'd read up on it a bit more.

I could write pages about it, but to put it briefly I've been buying ready to vape stuff from nz. I'm worried that just dialling down the PG ratio isn't going to cut it, because even small quantities of Max VG, 0mg nic, juice makes me feel nauseous and wicked tired. I was planning to try 100% VG with a high vg nic base.
    Yep, you are going to need to buy nicotine in VG, and some unflavoured VG. Eliminate everything else including flavours at first. You can start adding flavours back in once you know that VG unflavoured is a possibility for you. VG is quite thick so you will need to add about 5% distilled water (DW) to thin it. I have gone as high as 10% DW but that's probably overkill, except maybe in the snow.

LinkBacks (?)