Page 626 of 630 FirstFirst ... 126526576616624625626627628 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,260 of 6297
Like Tree8213Likes

Thread: NEW MEMBERS: Introduce yourself here!!!

AVF Regular
    DivineByBlood appears to be MIA
    emu likes this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Hi All,

Puck, I'm new here!

I've been (am) a smoker since I was around 13, some 53 years ago.... you do the math.
    I have tried "cold turkey", cutting down, patches and champix(?????). Nothing worked, not even a heart attack!!!!!!

Back around August 2017 the wife purchased a Shisha pen and some e-juice (no nic). She put it aside and forgot about it.
    I found it in November and gave it a try .... not bad ... That started me on my current path to be smoke free, notice I did not say NIC FREE.

I knew nic was available in NZ, but my wife's cousin said try Hiliq which I did. Great turn around time but the freight is a bit steep, not to worry.

I have ordered 4 MODs from E-bay (still waiting on 3 to arrive). I'm using an E-Leaf Pico with a 4ml tank.
    I have also ordered spare Coils and tanks, even a couple of 2ml tanks to try my "home brews" without flavour contamination.

I have got my daughter to have a go at Vaping. She has ordered her stuff from NZ. I hope it works for her.
    Puck

(Good judgment comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgment.)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by puck View Post
    Hi All,

Puck, I'm new here!

I've been (am) a smoker since I was around 13, some 53 years ago.... you do the math.
    I have tried "cold turkey", cutting down, patches and champix(?????). Nothing worked, not even a heart attack!!!!!!

Back around August 2017 the wife purchased a Shisha pen and some e-juice (no nic). She put it aside and forgot about it.
    I found it in November and gave it a try .... not bad ... That started me on my current path to be smoke free, notice I did not say NIC FREE.

I knew nic was available in NZ, but my wife's cousin said try Hiliq which I did. Great turn around time but the freight is a bit steep, not to worry.

I have ordered 4 MODs from E-bay (still waiting on 3 to arrive). I'm using an E-Leaf Pico with a 4ml tank.
    I have also ordered spare Coils and tanks, even a couple of 2ml tanks to try my "home brews" without flavour contamination.

I have got my daughter to have a go at Vaping. She has ordered her stuff from NZ. I hope it works for her.
    Congrats on the switch Puck and welcome. Get comfy and enjoy the journey
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Hi hi hi itís nice to find this community, seen very helpful member posts so far so hope with help I can get up and running vaping and quit those nasty cigs.

I already bought a setup, I stick pico 75w with melo 3 mini. Iím really at a loss with juices, Nic and nearly everything else though lol

Cheers, nice to be here - LHB
    Danny76 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post

Unflavoured Juice - No flavour at all. whats that i hear you say "no flavour at all?". Hells yes. Ive said this many times, in many posts on here, if i hadnt been on here one night 2.5 years ago and a now good friend hadnt uttered the words "have you tried unflavoured?" because i was struggling with flavours, i do not wish to know whether id still be vaping...mayeb not...i had tried several tobaccos flavours and then hunted for non-tobacco flavours and hated them all and was struggling. And then unflavoured came along, and thats pretty much where ive been for over 2.5 of my nearly 3 years of vaping. Its just nicotine, PG and VG. Many have been converted to t he lords juice, and added bonus its the cheapest way to vape - for me less than $0.70 a week to vape....thats cents
    I’m very interested in this, do you have a howto (mix ratios, equipment needed etc) and whereto buy guide somewhere?

Is 50/50 Vg/Pg a good place to start with 100mg Nic?
    Istick pico melo 3 mini 75w using regular 0.3/0.5 ohm heads, considering getting 0.75ohm ECML for mtl.

Cheers, LHB
    Last edited by Lionhead; 08-01-18 at 02:33 PM. Reason: More clearer
    1ynne likes this.

AVF Regular
    Lionhead, there is a lotta info on AVF - you will need to sort n sift google is your friend tho !

here are a few threads that might help - or lead you to wanting to know more settle down in a comfy chair - let the journey begin !

Questions about unflavoured ejuice
    Help with ordering Unflavoured Nicotine! So confused!
    DocM and Lionhead like this.

What is a cat's favourite colour? Purrrrrrrple !

Hello everyone.......40 year smoker (30+per day). Im down to a couple a day thanks to an Aspire zelos with nic.

Looks like i have a fair bit of reading to do and a couple of questions to ask but ill have a look around and see what I can find

Cheers
    DocM and Danny76 like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by puck View Post
    Hi All,

Puck, I'm new here!

That's a pretty good start Puck. The Pico is a good mod, you might just have to play around with what goes on top until you find your sweet spot. You might have noticed just about all of these tanks are interchangeable.

Welcome to AVF!
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF emergency contact : avf_contact_point@yahoo.com
    This email will auto-respond with the latest information if the AVF forum is no longer contactable.
    Send a test message now to make sure it's in your address book or sent messages.
    Received emails and addresses will be deleted the same day. Include the word "scream" in the subject if you want me to read your message. The Yahoo responder may only send 1 or 2 response messages per day.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhead View Post
    I’m very interested in this, do you have a howto (mix ratios, equipment needed etc) and whereto buy guide somewhere?

Is 50/50 Vg/Pg a good place to start with 100mg Nic?
    Istick pico melo 3 mini 75w using regular 0.3/0.5 ohm heads, considering getting 0.75ohm ECML for mtl.

Cheers, LHB
    Yes, 50/50 is fine to start with for mouth to lung vaping (the higher ohm coils). If you like to run the lower ohm coils and higher watts you might need to use more VG, Like 30/70 PG/VG.

You don't need much equipment to mix unflavoured: Some PG, some VG, a bottle, some syringes to measure it all with, and some 100mg/ml nicotine in PG.

Say you are mixing up 10ml of unflavoured at 50/50 and you want 12mg/ml

5ml of VG
    1.2ml of 100mg/ml nicotine
    3.8ml of PG (because you just count the nic in PG as part of the PG half.

You can scale these recipes up easily.

The best syringes to use are the smallest one that will be able to perform each measurement in one shot. Common sizes are 1ml, 2.5ml, 5ml, 10ml and so on.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF emergency contact : avf_contact_point@yahoo.com
    This email will auto-respond with the latest information if the AVF forum is no longer contactable.
    Send a test message now to make sure it's in your address book or sent messages.
    Received emails and addresses will be deleted the same day. Include the word "scream" in the subject if you want me to read your message. The Yahoo responder may only send 1 or 2 response messages per day.

Thanks fabricator4.

I ordered the stuff! They were out of the bigger volume vg and pg 100%s, so I chose 50/50 in one bottle and 100mg PG.

Can’t wait for everything to arrive so I can give the bag of tabacco I have away.

LHB
    fabricator4, Danny76 and emu like this.

LinkBacks (?)