Page 627 of 634 FirstFirst ... 127527577617625626627628629 ... LastLast
Results 6,261 to 6,270 of 6335
Like Tree8242Likes

Thread: NEW MEMBERS: Introduce yourself here!!!

  1. #6261
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Ipswich QLD
    Posts
    9
    Hello everyone,

    I jumped in asking questions before I said hello, which I would say is pretty normal for me

    My name is Terry, from Ipswich QLD, turning 50 next week on the 17th and I am really motivated to give up the smokes. Not so much for being 50, more for the fact that the impacts of 30 odd years smoking are really showing up now.

    Already getting some great assistance on here and learning heaps, hopefully all works good and I can pay back the assists to others when I get more knowledge.

    Cheers, Terry
    Fatman, DogMan, DocM and 2 others like this.

  2. #6262
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Toowoomba (West)
    Posts
    7,897
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryW View Post
    Hello everyone,

    I jumped in asking questions before I said hello, which I would say is pretty normal for me

    My name is Terry, from Ipswich QLD, turning 50 next week on the 17th and I am really motivated to give up the smokes. Not so much for being 50, more for the fact that the impacts of 30 odd years smoking are really showing up now.

    Already getting some great assistance on here and learning heaps, hopefully all works good and I can pay back the assists to others when I get more knowledge.

    Cheers, Terry
    Welcome Terry, you've made a good start. I smoked for 35 years and was also feeling the effects. When I switched to vaping my health improved steadily. I suffered from some of the side effects of giving up smoking the same as a lot of people, including some flu like symptoms (mild though) mouth ulcers, and coughing up grey phlegm in the morning when my lungs started to repair. The main side effect from vaping is that it dries you out, so it's important to sip water, juice, or some other beverage that will keep you hydrated and freshen up the palate.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

  3. #6263
    emu
    emu is offline
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,978
    Welcome Terry and congrats on your move to vaping..!
    Plenty of good folks here to help you on your journey mate, just have to ask.
    Good old Ipswich hey, been a long time since I been in that place. We used to go there on a Friday night and do laps racing each other many moons ago lol, you could get away with it 35 year's ago haha. I was the one driving the 308 HQ monaro lol
    Hope you find all the information you need here, all the best and good luck with the switch.

  4. #6264
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Ipswich QLD
    Posts
    9
    Thanks for the welcomes, I can see you are both big contributors which is great, I am sure heaps of people have appreciated your assistance, so much info to digest for new people like me.

    Fabricator4 has already helped out heaps and I just noticed this "Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.", that's awesome mate, that's a big motivator for others to read.

    Yeah Emu Ipswich is a great place, we don't have Australia's sharpest people out here but they are genuine, they love a chat and look you in the eye when doing so. Their mate is probably stealing your wallet at the same time though, but I like living here

    Terry
    fabricator4, rockmoose and emu like this.

  5. #6265
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Central Vic,up near the Murray
    Posts
    17,896
    Welcome Terry !!!
    No question is the wrong one

    Ask anything ( well ALMOST anything .. we draw the line at nekkid dwarf tossing ..... (cept on Thursdays )
    rockmoose and rockerpeller like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

    Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011


    AVF Rules , Read and understand them

  6. #6266
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Toowoomba (West)
    Posts
    7,897
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Welcome Terry !!!
    No question is the wrong one

    Ask anything ( well ALMOST anything .. we draw the line at nekkid dwarf tossing ..... (cept on Thursdays )
    It's nearly Thursday...

    DocM, rockmoose, emu and 2 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

  7. #6267
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Mallee, Victoria
    Posts
    237
    Bann him bann him /\
    fabricator4, 1ynne and Danny76 like this.

  8. #6268
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    2
    Hi everyone I'm new on here, my name is Don and I'm 62 and was a 40+ year 2 pack a day smoker.
    I quit cigarettes in July of 2013 and have never looked back, I vape now still because I enjoy it (mainly 0 and 3mg nic).

    I started off with a cig-a-like starter kit from Easy Puff Australia it was for me the easiest way to get off the ciggies because it exactly mimicked the act of smoking and made it easy to transition. Of course like others on here I now vape mods, but I really do think there is a place for cig-a-likes (especially for women) who want to transition from smoking and not look all "weird" with a vaporiser. My original Easy Puff kit has now been passed down thru 5 people (2 men and 3 women) who I am pleased to say have all quit cigarettes. Three (including myself) still vape because we enjoy it, the other two quit all together and no longer smoke or vape....a great outcome in my book.

    I can see by the lists of subject matter here I have much to catch up on...happy vaping everyone.
    Last edited by Fatman; 13-01-18 at 10:12 PM. Reason: link deactivated
    DocM likes this.

  9. #6269
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    victoria
    Posts
    5,942
    Not sure if this is an add or a genuine post - so I will choose to treat this as genuine knowing that the fatman or gt or G may kindly remove the link to the over priced junk cigalikes

    The thing is Ron times have changed and most women and mods have changed - no longer do mods feed women with the fear of having to feel like they have to have a d**k shaped object spouting hot steamy vapor into their mouths in order to be able to try and quit smoking -


    Nor is anyone bound to having any one shape or size in their hot sweaty hands to quit smoking - and the good thing is that it works for all genders of all experience levels - -



    You see

    If you want a big one get a big one! If you want one so small that you dont want anyone to see you doing it when you are out in public then by all means get one one of those (we wont talk about those who prefer mods that are not boxes or tubes cause i dont have enough room here )

    Girls are using boxes as much as the men are.... and men and women are both using tubes without the stigma that was previously attached to either

    Also neither boys nor girls are forced to pay $5 a piece for an under powered atomizer for their tubes or boxes

    Throw away vaping like cigalikes has become affordable (Often under $10 for 5 atomizers for mini mods that are much nicer and better and stronger than what easy puff or cigalikes has or can possibly offer)


    Vaping has come along way since 2013- and noone will judge you for your particular taste because we are all vapers (and snusers and DIY lozenge and snuffers) users here -

    Sometimes i think we we all become one big vape orgy with noone knowing the difference between men and women and cats and dogs or where the boxes and tubes begin or end - Just one big mess of vapers happy to have quit smoking our own way no matter and despite what others may say or have said about us

    Congratulations on quitting smoking - years ago cigalikes were the thing in vaping and there were some good stories like your own - personally cigalikes didnt do it for me or my family - nor would I recommend them over what is on the market today - In terms of mg im not the only one here who often uses up to 40mg or more ....but each to their own -and it is that individuality vaping offers that vaping is all about

    I hope you do stay - I think you will be surprised by how much even newby mods and atomizers has come





    Quote Originally Posted by DonRon View Post
    Hi everyone I'm new on here, my name is Don and I'm 62 and was a 40+ year 2 pack a day smoker.
    I quit cigarettes in July of 2013 and have never looked back, I vape now still because I enjoy it (mainly 0 and 3mg nic).

    I started off with a cig-a-like starter kit from ]Easy Puff Australia it was for me the easiest way to get off the ciggies because it exactly mimicked the act of smoking and made it easy to transition. Of course like others on here I now vape mods, but I really do think there is a place for cig-a-likes (especially for women) who want to transition from smoking and not look all "weird" with a vaporiser. My original Easy Puff kit has now been passed down thru 5 people (2 men and 3 women) who I am pleased to say have all quit cigarettes. Three (including myself) still vape because we enjoy it, the other two quit all together and no longer smoke or vape....a great outcome in my book.

    I can see by the lists of subject matter here I have much to catch up on...happy vaping everyone.
    Last edited by Fatman; 13-01-18 at 10:13 PM. Reason: link deactivation cont. :)
    Fatman and 1ynne like this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland






    Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs











  10. #6270
    emu
    emu is offline
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,978
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Vaping has come along way since 2013- and noone will judge you for your particular taste because we are all vapers (and snusers and DIY lozenge) users here -

    Fine, I'll go stand in the snuffers corner all alone
























    Just kidding reb

 

 

LinkBacks (?)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 04:46 PM.