Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Heavy duty recommendations please,

Heavy duty recommendations please,

Hi all,
    Im still in the learning by trial stage in my vaping although Ive been on the e-cig a few months now. First I started with the Ego-t with the little blue refillable tank which kept me going for 3 months. They are ok but not great. They would never last a full day and leakages were a daily event along with flooding the atomiser and the occasional mouth full of juice, yuk. So my next setup was a Stardust on an Ego battery which has solved all the issues I had with the Ego-T. Never running out or leaking or any flooding issues as of yet. Then I received my Lavatube in the post and started using that with a Smoktech 3.5ml DCT tank. While sitting at home its great but then once Im at work I need to carry my ecig in my pocket while Im on my feet most the day. First day the tank came off the Lavatube pulling the guts out of the carto. Then I had one burn the filler and that is an awful taste. And today I again had the carto pull out of the tank again. Im not a fan of the DCT tanks anymore. I do like the Variable voltage of the Lavatube but I am not going to attach a DCT again. So Ill be looking at getting the ego 510 adapter and attaching a stardust to the Lavatube and hoping that its a bit more sturdy than a DCT tank on a Lavatube for work purposes. For now Im just going to Stardust an Ego as it has proven a tough and reliable option.

Considering the rough handling my e-cigs need to endure and the preference to use the Lavatube over the Ego battery can anyone recommend a tank system that is durable enough to take a bit of bashing around and not fall apart, remain in one piece and still not leak or create any other issues?
    The Stardust seems to be brilliant but Im wondering if there is anything better or maybe even tougher than.

And has anyone tried the Stardust's on a Lavatube and if so do they go well together?
    Thanks, Scott.

php
    If you're using slotted cartos in the tank a cir-clip will stop it sliding off. See Liquinator Mod Mod
    Cheers.... Pete.

Provari+Liquinator, Prodigy V3+306DCA, 510N, VV Egos and other bits.

AVF Regular
    I use the Stardust on a LT....awesome LR @4.0v.......SR @upto 4.5v......the other thing to look at is Vision Stone V3 5ml Tank..... these work great on the LT at around 4v....I get about 10 hours out of the 18650's at 4v..

MY LEGEND IS BUILT ON THE CORPSES OF THOSE WHO STOOD AGAINST ME
    When asked to move a mountain, don't be daunted by the size of the mountain, merely start moving the rocks
    Provari v2 ,DIDN'Tx2, AGA-Tx2,Kir Fanis Tripolitis Tower tank, GGTS with clone ITHAKA, Sigelei Telescope,Vmax,couple of different clone mech mods, few different clone drippers and atties

Quote Originally Posted by php View Post
    If you're using slotted cartos in the tank a cir-clip will stop it sliding off. See Liquinator Mod Mod
    Nah the whole carto and tank slid off the middle part exposing the filler and element. It was a write off for the carto. The tank/tube and outer carto shell all came off leaving the element and coil and filler material hanging off the Lavatube. Funny how I didnt lose any juice in the process. But I need a safer option than this. I put it in my pocket and it gets knocked about in the course of my working day. If I had a safe place to put it down and leave it it would be ok but since I carry it on me all times it inevitable to take a beating. The stardust on the ego is so far indestructible. I am only hoping they will perform the same on a Lavatube. Maybe I better stick to the Ego for work and just vape the Lava at home?

Quote Originally Posted by PHUCKDUP2 View Post
    I use the Stardust on a LT....awesome LR @4.0v.......SR @upto 4.5v......the other thing to look at is Vision Stone V3 5ml Tank..... these work great on the LT at around 4v....I get about 10 hours out of the 18650's at 4v..
    I have a LR stardust on an Ego battery right now and Im getting burnt taste out of it. Its a brand new just opened LR stardust on its first fill. Must be the juice Im using if your good on 4.0v? The SR Stardust is so far great. Cant wait to give it a go on the Lavatube but need to order the adapter yet. So many variables and options and still trying to find the best solution.

php
    Quote Originally Posted by skitta78 View Post
    Nah the whole carto and tank slid off the middle part exposing the filler and element. It was a write off for the carto. The tank/tube and outer carto shell all came off leaving the element and coil and filler material hanging off the Lavatube.
    Struth. You don't muck around. I've always suspected the wobbly connector on my Ravatube would be the first to go!

Yeah, perhaps something smaller for work would be the go... or a Provari friendly work shirt...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    skitta78 likes this.
    Cheers.... Pete.

I was actually trying to be careful about it too. Unfortunately that I have a uniform and keep my pen in that exact spot. The pants pocket is the only option. Maybe a tough casing that can be opened easily for use could be a solution?

A vision stone tank is pretty solid if you can get along with the ce2 style... the caps on that are threaded so nothing to slide off there. If you really like your cartos, see if you can find an arry carto tank, I think those are pretty solid units that the carto screws into them so sliding off isn't an option there either. If large capacity isn't an issue for you and you like them, the stardust works quite fine with adapter. They're so easy to fill that the capacity doesn't bother me so much. Mine needs a clean I think the flavour is fading...

I've never had a hassle with the smoktech dct on my lava tube, I even haul it out of my pocket by the tip or tank. You still have to be reasonably gentle with it though!

Best of luck :-)
    Last edited by zainwolf; 18-04-12 at 07:25 PM.

php
    Dunno where you'd get a case to fit a tanked ravadonger. Maybe a big mother single cigar case?
    Cheers.... Pete.

CCC
    Sunglasses case?
    Bree likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast