Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By Willham
  • 4 Post By rebelagainstthemachine
  • 2 Post By fabricator4

Thread: Hello from Ho-Town

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Hello from Ho-Town

Hello.

My name is Will, and I have decided it is time to quit smoking. My first child arrived on boxing day and I want to be a good example for her as well as remove as many pollutants from her environment.

However, I think the gear I picked up is a taddddd advanced for me.

I purchased a smok alien, with a cloud beast that came with lots of coils. No idea which one to use.

I also bought PG, VG flavours and PG based 100mg nicotine. I am not worried about working with the stuff, more worried about poisoning myself by making my liquid too strong.

I have been smoking for 15 years. I normally smoke Port Royal RYO, micro filters. I would smoke between 10 to 20 a day.

I am unsure if how many puffs to have as I am pretty sure my mod is sub ohm.

This is generally my MO when it comes to new things. Jump in and buy what people say is the best, then figure out what the hell I am doing later.

Anyway, I look forward to becoming an active member of the forum and one day repaying the favor.

Kind regards,

Will

AVF Regular
    Hi will

Yeah your set up is prolly a bit out there for a new vaper - but now that you have the set up - I strongly suggest using you tube and google to learn how to use them (unless of course you are happy to go for something a little simpler )

Found a couple tutorials for using your set up - and there are plenty more

tutorial on the baby beast

Review tutorial on the smok alien
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhSsWdyn8KY

Written tutorial

A Complete Guide To The SMOK Alien Mod – Page 2 – Guide To Vaping

With the nicotine stuff - others are better to talk to than me bc I am a sloppy cook-

But even despite that and knowing what I do about nicotine - I can tell you that I am still very cautious of the stuff esp where little ones and pets are concerned - but also with high mgs bc it absorbs through the skin- So I do still use nitril gloves when mixing high mgs and I also wash hands after using it so when I pet one of mine they dont get poisoned accidentally

I will tell you tho when starting out an ejuice calculator is a must

like this
    https://makemyvape.co.uk/index.php?r...formation/calc

or this

eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator

Make sure you have enough bottles for it

For someone who has been smoking alot the usual advice on a basic set up is about 18mg of nic strength or as much as you have been smoking about 12mg nicotine - but your set up being sub ohm knocks this down alot to maybe 10mg and under -

Its also easier to make a higher mg and cut it down with either pg or vg than make a lower mg juice then try and make it higher later

Also keep in mind with vg more clouds but less flavour as a general rule - also many high vg juices and very sweet juices can clog your coils quicker

and with pg less clouds more flavor - but some sub ohm tanks can struggle with pure pg juices

Oh and sub ohm tanks like the baby beast will eat alot of juice so be prepared

But also thinking that since you are this new to vaping - maybe it is better to buy a couple of premade juices and use them for a while rather than DIY so that you can get a feel for what it is you want to do rather than just jumping into things?

Anyways - dont know if I have been of any help - but its out there if you want it

Take care ! Oh and I look forward to more of your posts
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 10-01-18 at 06:35 PM.
    Fatman, SubyXV, Sublime and 1 others like this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Probably the place to start with the baby beast would be the higher ohm coils - the ones with fewer actual coils inside them. Even those are direct lung (DL) though. You'll need to rip on it like you smoking a... water pipe, if you know what I mean.

I'd suggest starting at 6mg/ml of nicotine. You should only need a few toots on that and you should be good. Go up to 8mg/ml if the 6 isn't quite working. Nose exhales are helpful for nicotine absorption. You'll need a high VG liquid otherwise it will be just too harsh.

For something closer to what smoking is like we normally recommend people start with a mouth to lung (MTL) device. Many people find DL a bit extreme to start with, even if they progress to something like that quickly. A few people though need the DL experience straight up to kick the smokes for good.
    Fatman and Sublime like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Willham View Post
    Hello.

My name is Will, and I have decided it is time to quit smoking. My first child arrived on boxing day and I want to be a good example for her as well as remove as many pollutants from her environment.

However, I think the gear I picked up is a taddddd advanced for me.

I purchased a smok alien, with a cloud beast that came with lots of coils. No idea which one to use.

I also bought PG, VG flavours and PG based 100mg nicotine. I am not worried about working with the stuff, more worried about poisoning myself by making my liquid too strong.

I have been smoking for 15 years. I normally smoke Port Royal RYO, micro filters. I would smoke between 10 to 20 a day.

I am unsure if how many puffs to have as I am pretty sure my mod is sub ohm.

This is generally my MO when it comes to new things. Jump in and buy what people say is the best, then figure out what the hell I am doing later.

Anyway, I look forward to becoming an active member of the forum and one day repaying the favor.

Kind regards,

Will
    Dude sub ohm vaping is not usually for beginners. But since you have it already...

Glad you got a clearomizer and the coils are prebuilt. Try each coil with a new tank and see which one suits you best. Then buy those coils from now on.

you need an ejuice mixing calculator for all the pg, vg, flavours and nic you bought. For that type of smoker I recommend vaping at 18mg - 24mg to start off with. Test 2 small batches and see which one suits you with throat hit. Try not to get nicotine on your hands. The concentrate is poisonous, so if you get it on your hands wash the bugger off with lots of water. Use blunt syringes from a chemist or vape shop to mix with. you'll need empty bottles, 10ml syringe, 5ml and a 1ml syringe too.

a sub ohm coil will give you a strong nicotine hit as it gets really hot. So if you get head aches back the f@ck off you've over done it. But usually your body will tell you whether you need more vape and you can have another puff.

I agree with others...youtube and google are your friends...you need to use them and aussie vapers forum to learn your craft.

Be aware that Whole Tobacco alkaloids in tobacco make quitting tobacco a little difficult, they can be more addictive than nicotine.

lso when you buy flavours you want to AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE...anything with Diacetyl in it. Ask the vendor when you purchase your flavour concentrates.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.