Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Looking for some assistance

AVF Regular
    Um... I'll try Terry.
    Percentages is the key in mixing for me. No matter whether it's 10, 17, or 1,000 ml in volume. And the weight individually per ml of Nic, pg, vg and flavours if you go the scales way. <- that's got to be accurate!
    The % for 10ml volume target of nic x 100mg @ 18mg target per 10ml should be 1.8ml nic. 1.6ml Pg. 5.1ml Vg. Flavour @ 1.5ml. At 15% flavour. Done.
    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by DocM; 12-01-18 at 06:56 PM.
    TerryW likes this.
    If you don't have a destination, buy a houseboat, you can't get lost and you are always at home.

Killed the nails before they killed me. 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!

AVF Regular
    Just have a very good look at the Ejuice me up program and make sure you 'tick' all your requirements mate. PG, VG, Nic, Volume etc.
    TerryW likes this.
    If you don't have a destination, buy a houseboat, you can't get lost and you are always at home.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Hi DocM,

Thanks for the help. I see where I went wrong in one part, I put the wrong figure in the target nic strength column.

Where you enter your Nicotine Strength E-Juice it has PG% and then VG% and mg/ml

I bought the Unflavored 100 mg/ml Nicotine Base, so I try to put 0 for both the PG/VG and then 100mg/ml but it doesn't allow that.

I will use the breakdown as you provided and I will see if I can read up on it some more to get it going properly. At this time I don't have the scales yet so I am going to try to do it by drops, might be a bit out until I get them though.

Okay got it working now, I watched some of the videos on the website. I need to put 100% for PG and that way I got the same breakdown.

Thanks again, Terry
    Last edited by TerryW; 12-01-18 at 08:06 PM.
    DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    Umm, isn't "fresh green apple 60/40" a ready to vape? Normally if they specify a particular ratio of PG/VG, it's an RTV.

Nothing wrong with diluting it to 1/5 of course, if that's what you want to do. (I always find apple flavours are over done and acidic, for me). Also, there's nothing wrong with just a touch of flavour - it's one step away from unflavoured really.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 13-01-18 at 10:24 AM.
    DocM and TerryW like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF emergency contact : avf_contact_point@yahoo.com
    This email will auto-respond with the latest information if the AVF forum is no longer contactable.
    Send a test message now to make sure it's in your address book or sent messages.
    Received emails and addresses will be deleted the same day. Include the word "scream" in the subject if you want me to read your message. The Yahoo responder may only send 1 or 2 response messages per day.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Umm, isn't "fresh green apple 60/40" a ready to vape? Normally if they specify a particular ratio of PG/VG, it's an RTV.

Nothing wrong with diluting it to 1/5 of course, if that's that you want to do. (I always find apple flavours are over done and acidic, for me). Also, there's nothing wrong with just a touch of flavour - it's one step away from unflavoured really.
    Hmmm I missed that bit.
    TerryW likes this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    You are right, I didn't provide all the info and they are RTV.

I mixed as per Doc said and the apple flavour came through pretty nice and I am enjoying it.

I went back to the site where I bought them and had I read the page properly I would of seen that under the flavour it gives you the calcs you need. I bought a few apple ones so I did a 2nd one where I didn't dilute it and it is way too sweet, so I guess it's just a matter of taste and I will keep playing around to get the right one for me, the 20% is closer to my taste, I will just a few more drops each time and see what I get.

I watched a few videos and make sure I shake them to get them mixed up, they also say you need to leave them for a few days and I haven't done that yet but I will mix up a few more of the flavors today and let them sit and see what difference it makes, not sure what grape bubblegum is going to taste like

Terry

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryW View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have been reading the forum for the past few weeks gathering all the info I need and have made my first purchases, but I am still very confused on the mixing / storing side of it all, so any help would be great.

I have decided to try vaping out as I see it is really growing in popularity. I work in Brisbane City and it was rare to see a person vaping only a couple of years ago but now I notice then being used everywhere and I thought it was time to jump in and give it a go. I turn 50 in 7 days time and have been a pack a day smoker for 35 years and I am really paying the price, walking up the stairs at Central Railway Station nearly does me in every morning. I actually have quit the smokes for 2 years once, went to China for a holiday and found the smokes there were less than $1.00 a pack of 20's so I decided I would just smoke for the holiday, unfortunately that was 5 years ago and I have never stopped again.

So this is what I have got myself so far based on what I have read on here.

Vapeking

Innokin Endura T22 Starter Kit
    Innokin Endura T18/T22 Replacement Coil x 10
    Vegetable Glycerin (VG) - Food grade (Bottle Size: 250ml)
    Flue Cured Virginia Tobacco
    Some bottles and syringes (10ml bottles, 10 and 5 syringes)

HiLiq

Regular Tobacco E-Liquid Flavor 30ml x 2 18mg 50/50
    Regular Tobacco E-Liquid Flavor 30ml x 2 24mg 50/50
    RY4 E-Liquid Flavor 30ml x 2 18mg 50/50
    Unflavored 100 mg/ml Nicotine Base 100ML x2

So I got the gear from Vapeking about a week ago and was using the virgina flavour one and it was good, I liked the taste and it was pretty smooth.
    Today I got the rest from China and I went straight for the 24mg one and it is really harsh, not enjoyable at all. So I think I need to dilute it a bit or something but this is where I get a bit lost. I also don't feel like I have had any nicotine from the smoke as even though I smoked a few mls I still felt I needed to go out for a normal smoke, so then I though was I supposed to have mixed this with something else or is it ready to go straight out of the bottle ?. I then started to read more and someone said you need to store them for awhile after you buy them, is this true ?.

My other main questions are.

1. Do I need to get the pre-mixed ones out of the plastic bottles they come in and put them in glass bottles ?. I read this that they go off quick if you don't.
    2. To get the flavours locally and mix my own ones do I have the right ingredients or do I also need to buy the same quantity of PG like I did with the VG, I got the nicotine base ?.
    3. I got the replacement coils, that someone recommended on here. Do you swap them over for each new flavor ?. I was thinking of pouring this 24mg back in the bottle and trying the RY4 18mg as people say they like it but I wasn't sure if I need to change or if I don't I will get the same flavor from the 24mg one.

Sorry if the questions are basic and a bit confusing but the more I am searching and reading the more confused I am getting.
    Any help would be appreciated,

Cheers everyone.

Terry
    Firstly Welcome Terry.

I'm not sure who has answered what, So i'll give my opinions and you can take or leave what you like.

I use plastic bottles for everything still. I go through 30ml in 4 days, and usually mix up a batch of my favourites in bulk. Yes when you're mixing fresh you need to let them "steep" like you do with tea...tea takes 5 minutes...or 24 hours if you cold brew tea like i do...but with vape you need to steep a fresh batch for a week minimum. When I'm in a rush I throw the plastic bottles I've made in a thermos with hot water overnight...the thermos keeps the water hot or warm...and by morning I'm able to vape my favourite flavour and it's ok. Better after a week, but ok.

as for mixing you will need an ejuice mixing calculator. you can get apps for your phone or find them online. You need to decide what mix of pg and vg you will use. The original old standard was 70% pg and 30% vg, including nicotine and flavours. the calculator sorts that out for you. I vape 80% pg 20% vg. The more pg you use the more throat hit you get, the more vg you use the bigger clouds you get, but it's smoother and way thicker juice.

I don't bother swapping out coils for a new flavour...i just deal with the mix for a few vapes...I use a rebuildable dripping atomiser...so after a few drips and vapes the old mixed flavour is gone and the new flavour takes over fully. It will be the same with clearomizer like you are using.

Also with your 24mg nic...the more nic the harsher it will be....that's throat hit...same with the more pg you use.

Best of luck on your journey. Something I found when i first started out was everything was fine for 2 weeks....then there was 2 months or so of difficult times. I was craving tobacco and I didn't know why. I did some research on here and learnt about Whole Tobacco Alkaloids. They are other chemicals in the tobacco that are as, if not more addictive than nicotine....a**holes really try to keep you hooked. So bear that in mind and keep strong...after 2 months you will be vaping like a pro, and will never look back. The smell of tobacco smoke will turn you off and the flavours in your vape will blow your mind and keep you vaping. by the 3 month mark your lungs will clear up and you will start to taste food...and everything else...MUCH better. It'll blow you away mate. Welcome to the vape.

Also another thing to mention is Diacetyl. most vape flavours now avoid this chemical but it doesn't hurt to be aware...it's the popcorn flavour in microwave popcorn. It can cause something called "popcorn lung" which kills you. Don't freak out...just be aware and ask when you buy flavour concentrates if it contains Diacetyl.

God bless mate.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12