Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Looking for some assistance

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Looking for some assistance

Hi everyone,

I have been reading the forum for the past few weeks gathering all the info I need and have made my first purchases, but I am still very confused on the mixing / storing side of it all, so any help would be great.

I have decided to try vaping out as I see it is really growing in popularity. I work in Brisbane City and it was rare to see a person vaping only a couple of years ago but now I notice then being used everywhere and I thought it was time to jump in and give it a go. I turn 50 in 7 days time and have been a pack a day smoker for 35 years and I am really paying the price, walking up the stairs at Central Railway Station nearly does me in every morning. I actually have quit the smokes for 2 years once, went to China for a holiday and found the smokes there were less than $1.00 a pack of 20's so I decided I would just smoke for the holiday, unfortunately that was 5 years ago and I have never stopped again.

So this is what I have got myself so far based on what I have read on here.

Vapeking

Innokin Endura T22 Starter Kit
    Innokin Endura T18/T22 Replacement Coil x 10
    Vegetable Glycerin (VG) - Food grade (Bottle Size: 250ml)
    Flue Cured Virginia Tobacco
    Some bottles and syringes (10ml bottles, 10 and 5 syringes)

HiLiq

Regular Tobacco E-Liquid Flavor 30ml x 2 18mg 50/50
    Regular Tobacco E-Liquid Flavor 30ml x 2 24mg 50/50
    RY4 E-Liquid Flavor 30ml x 2 18mg 50/50
    Unflavored 100 mg/ml Nicotine Base 100ML x2

So I got the gear from Vapeking about a week ago and was using the virgina flavour one and it was good, I liked the taste and it was pretty smooth.
    Today I got the rest from China and I went straight for the 24mg one and it is really harsh, not enjoyable at all. So I think I need to dilute it a bit or something but this is where I get a bit lost. I also don't feel like I have had any nicotine from the smoke as even though I smoked a few mls I still felt I needed to go out for a normal smoke, so then I though was I supposed to have mixed this with something else or is it ready to go straight out of the bottle ?. I then started to read more and someone said you need to store them for awhile after you buy them, is this true ?.

My other main questions are.

1. Do I need to get the pre-mixed ones out of the plastic bottles they come in and put them in glass bottles ?. I read this that they go off quick if you don't.
    2. To get the flavours locally and mix my own ones do I have the right ingredients or do I also need to buy the same quantity of PG like I did with the VG, I got the nicotine base ?.
    3. I got the replacement coils, that someone recommended on here. Do you swap them over for each new flavor ?. I was thinking of pouring this 24mg back in the bottle and trying the RY4 18mg as people say they like it but I wasn't sure if I need to change or if I don't I will get the same flavor from the 24mg one.

Sorry if the questions are basic and a bit confusing but the more I am searching and reading the more confused I am getting.
    Any help would be appreciated,

Cheers everyone.

Terry
    Samtron and RyanohRyan like this.

AVF Regular
    Welcome and 1st up, have a squiz here Terry.NEW MEMBERS: Introduce yourself here!!! I find a set of digital scales helps you out not rinsing out syringes all mixing session. Just zero it for the next addition. As to your juices, we have great people here that can put you righter than I can, (more understandable). Enjoy the journey. There isn't any dumb questions Terry, just dumb answers and the occasional derail.
    TerryW likes this.
    When in doubt, use a bigger hammer.

Smokeless from 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers old guard!
    Heaps of stuff in high rotation

AVF Regular
    And these too
    Tips for testing flavours
    A diy ejuice making calculator.
    eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator
    TerryW likes this.
    When in doubt, use a bigger hammer.

Smokeless from 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers old guard!
    Heaps of stuff in high rotation

Hi DocM,

Thanks for the replies, I will post in the introduction post, should of done that first ...

I looked at the sites you posted and downloaded the calculator and reading those posts answered alot of my questions. I need to order some more products now, so many nice flavors to choose from and so many vendors as well. I will experiment until I get the right combo for me, I can see that if you can get it right for yourself you can get rid of the cigs forever. I swapped over to the RY4 18mg and that one was so much better than the 1st one I tried. Thanks again for your assistance.

Terry
    DocM and RyanohRyan like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryW View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have been reading the forum for the past few weeks gathering all the info I need and have made my first purchases, but I am still very confused on the mixing / storing side of it all, so any help would be great.

I have decided to try vaping out as I see it is really growing in popularity. I work in Brisbane City and it was rare to see a person vaping only a couple of years ago but now I notice then being used everywhere and I thought it was time to jump in and give it a go. I turn 50 in 7 days time and have been a pack a day smoker for 35 years and I am really paying the price, walking up the stairs at Central Railway Station nearly does me in every morning. I actually have quit the smokes for 2 years once, went to China for a holiday and found the smokes there were less than $1.00 a pack of 20's so I decided I would just smoke for the holiday, unfortunately that was 5 years ago and I have never stopped again.

So this is what I have got myself so far based on what I have read on here.

Vapeking

Innokin Endura T22 Starter Kit
    Innokin Endura T18/T22 Replacement Coil x 10
    Vegetable Glycerin (VG) - Food grade (Bottle Size: 250ml)
    Flue Cured Virginia Tobacco
    Some bottles and syringes (10ml bottles, 10 and 5 syringes)
    It sounds like this was ready to vape (RTV) liquid you got from Vapeking? It won't have any nicotine in it (illegal to sell in Australia).

HiLiq

Regular Tobacco E-Liquid Flavor 30ml x 2 18mg 50/50
    Regular Tobacco E-Liquid Flavor 30ml x 2 24mg 50/50
    RY4 E-Liquid Flavor 30ml x 2 18mg 50/50
    Unflavored 100 mg/ml Nicotine Base 100ML x2
    Well there's your nicotine. Mixing 100mg/ml nicotine into RTV liquid is pretty easy. 1ml of nicotine concentrate to 9ml of RTV gives you 10ml at 10mg/ml... and so on. 18mg/ml would be 1.8ml to 8.2ml of RTV.

I'd suggest try 12mg/ml nicotine, and if that is not enough to satisfy you, try 18mg/ml

If it turns out you like less than 24mg/ml, you can dilute that one with the VG. If you take 7.5ml of the 24mg/ml RTV and add 2.5ml of VG to it, that will make it 18mg/ml. 50/50 RTV and VG will make it 12mg/ml

So I got the gear from Vapeking about a week ago and was using the virgina flavour one and it was good, I liked the taste and it was pretty smooth.
    Today I got the rest from China and I went straight for the 24mg one and it is really harsh, not enjoyable at all. So I think I need to dilute it a bit or something but this is where I get a bit lost. I also don't feel like I have had any nicotine from the smoke as even though I smoked a few mls I still felt I needed to go out for a normal smoke, so then I though was I supposed to have mixed this with something else or is it ready to go straight out of the bottle ?. I then started to read more and someone said you need to store them for awhile after you buy them, is this true ?.

My other main questions are.

1. Do I need to get the pre-mixed ones out of the plastic bottles they come in and put them in glass bottles ?. I read this that they go off quick if you don't.
    Not really. Glass is more for extra long term storage of nicotine or e-liquids. If you're going to be using this stuff this year, it will be fine. You might want to put one of the bottles of 100mg/ml in the deep freezer so it stays fresh until you need it.

2. To get the flavours locally and mix my own ones do I have the right ingredients or do I also need to buy the same quantity of PG like I did with the VG, I got the nicotine base ?.
    It depends on what you are mixing of course, but if you want a ratio of PG:VG then yes for DIY you usually need some of both. You'll also need some concentrates (flavours), and the nicotine which you have got. Aussie-Ecigs have concentrates, as does Hiliq. Vapeking used to sell the JuiceWhore stuff but I'm not sure what they are doing now. DIY has a steep learning curve too, so maybe get all your other stuff sorted out before you jump into that. I think I'd decided to DIY by about week two though...

3. I got the replacement coils, that someone recommended on here. Do you swap them over for each new flavor ?. I was thinking of pouring this 24mg back in the bottle and trying the RY4 18mg as people say they like it but I wasn't sure if I need to change or if I don't I will get the same flavor from the 24mg one.
    Unless the new flavour is a complete train wreck when combined with the previous one, you can just use the same coil. By about the second tank the old flavour has pretty well gone away. The nicotine will will start dropping from the old 24mg/ml to 18mg/ml pretty quickly, if the tank was quite empty. Maybe half a dozen puffs or a bit more depending on how much liquid the coil is holding.

Sorry if the questions are basic and a bit confusing but the more I am searching and reading the more confused I am getting.
    Any help would be appreciated,
    It's really no problem, we all started somewhere, and you've made a pretty good one. Your first challenge will be getting your nicotine strength right. If the T18 is working for you, you'll want to get another one as backup while that one is charging, or if anything happens. Not having a backup can leave you in a bad place when the vaping faeries desert you (happens to everyone at some point - ask anyone here and they'll tell you they have backups - and backups for the backups.) I once went away for the weekend and found I'd left my mod out, when I thought it was in my back. I got by with backup, then discovered I didn't have the charger, and used my backup plan for that. It was barely a blip, as far as problems go. Another time I got out of the car at work in the morning and dropped my mod, smashing the glass. Fumbled my mod/keys/bag/lunchbox oops. Backups again...
    Last edited by fabricator4; 10-01-18 at 07:20 PM.
    DocM, RyanohRyan, Danny76 and 2 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Hi Fabricator4,

I have already seen the need for a backup. I was swapping over to try the different strength liquid and the tank rolled off the table onto the tiled floor, luckily he lived this time. I am on the Vapeking store now, they were great last time, got the products in 2 days so I will buy from them again for the hardware. I have the Innokin Endura T22 so I will get the T20 for backup.

I am a bit confused here about the battery size and also other seem to talk about adjusting the wattage on their devices ?, are they more advanced ones ?.. On the T20 it asks for you to select between a 1000mAh and a 1500. I will read some more on them before I see which one I should be getting.

Vapeking also has a big range (well for starters) of e-liquids and I will try a few. I got down to "Fuss Free Mixers" and they state that you get 15ml of the flavor and you just mix with 15ml of you own pg/vg/nic mix so they sound pretty good for me until I learn more about getting the mixing bit down a bit more so I will go for a few on them I think.

Also I tried to search for unflavored as I see people posting that they get a bit tired of the flavor after awhile and find unflavored is the way to go. Is mixing your pg/vg with the nicotine but without any mixer classed as unflavored ?.

I will also get the PG from them as well and I should be all set for awhile.

I posted in my first one I didn't think I was getting any nicotine hit from the 24mg but I just wasn't really getting any in because it was so harsh. The RY4 is not the greatest taster but at the 18mg it seems way smoother and I can puff on it like a normal cig which was what I was hoping for so that may be my strength for now. And I have been reading the posts for the last 4+hrs without the need to have a smoke so that is promising also.

Thanks for your posts as well, this is an amazing site, the only thing is there is so much information.

Terry
    Danny76, Sublime and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    Hi Fabricator4,

I have already seen the need for a backup. I was swapping over to try the different strength liquid and the tank rolled off the table onto the tiled floor, luckily he lived this time. I am on the Vapeking store now, they were great last time, got the products in 2 days so I will buy from them again for the hardware. I have the Innokin Endura T22 so I will get the T20 for backup.

I am a bit confused here about the battery size and also other seem to talk about adjusting the wattage on their devices ?, are they more advanced ones ?.. On the T20 it asks for you to select between a 1000mAh and a 1500. I will read some more on them before I see which one I should be getting.
    In this case, it just means that the 1500mAh unit has half as much more power - it is more likely to last you all day. I think that one might also be the "pro" version or something, a minor difference with the tank.

For adjustable watts, adjustable temperature and so on, yes they are the more advanced units. As you can see adding more variables can just make it more complicated in the beginning. You'll know when you are ready for that stuff, or you may just decide to keep it simple. There's nothing wrong with the simple stuff and even us seasoned vapers like a few little simple units as backup or to use in certain situations like at work or when out with friends etc. My super secret stealth vape is an Icare mini - hides in my hand and doesn't make much vapour.

Vapeking also has a big range (well for starters) of e-liquids and I will try a few. I got down to "Fuss Free Mixers" and they state that you get 15ml of the flavor and you just mix with 15ml of you own pg/vg/nic mix so they sound pretty good for me until I learn more about getting the mixing bit down a bit more so I will go for a few on them I think.
    Yes, the fuss free mixes are an easy introduction to mixing, or stay with the RTV liquids. Another good source for you is Aussie-Ecigs - they have great PG and VG, concentrates, and RTV's.

Also I tried to search for unflavored as I see people posting that they get a bit tired of the flavor after awhile and find unflavored is the way to go. Is mixing your pg/vg with the nicotine but without any mixer classed as unflavored ?.
    Yes, that's probably how most people do it. PG/VG/nic. If you don't want to mix it yourself just yet Hiliq do tailored unflavoured in whatever ratio and strength you are likely to need: https://www.hiliq.com/en/unflavored-...ine-base-250ml

I posted in my first one I didn't think I was getting any nicotine hit from the 24mg but I just wasn't really getting any in because it was so harsh. The RY4 is not the greatest taster but at the 18mg it seems way smoother and I can puff on it like a normal cig which was what I was hoping for so that may be my strength for now. And I have been reading the posts for the last 4+hrs without the need to have a smoke so that is promising also.
    Yep, it's a bit hard to get your nicotine if you're coughing your guts up. Little puffs, then push it out your nose usually works a treat though. I'd rather be sneezy than wheezy. In fact that's how I enjoy high nic the most... wheeeeee! :-)

The first ciggy in the morning is that hardest one for most people to give up. It takes a bit longer to get your nicotine levels back up after sleeping for 8 hours. I found if I had a good vape, and made an effort to get over the first 15 minutes I was fine by the time I'd finished the coffee. Everyone is different - some people say have the morning one if you want, it's no big deal. Depends on how you feel, and how quickly you want to chuck the smokes out, but you shouldn't put pressure on yourself either way - do what seem right for you. The 24mg/ml might actually be handy first thing in the morning... some people do that at first too - it might have helped me a lot in the first couple of weeks.

Thanks for your posts as well, this is an amazing site, the only thing is there is so much information.

Terry
    Yeah, there's lot of info, and about 10 opinions to every question. Pick the bits that make sense to you, and ask questions if nothing makes sense LOL.
    TerryW likes this.

Hi again Fabricator4,

Just one more for now if you don't mind.

I bought the product from Hiliq that you have posted but I am unsure what strength I have got, well I think I have 100MG but I am not sure what this converts to. The printing is E-Liquid Base Unflavored 100MG/ML and they are 100ML bottles.

Your link has this in the description "UNFLAVORED 3-72MG/ML NICOTINE BASE 250ML" When I look in the drop down box it only goes to 72MG ?.

EDIT. "I got it worked out, I didn't scroll down far enough. It explains how much I use based on the strength I bought, for 10ml bottles I use 1.8ml for 18mg strength".

And do you store all the products, the mixers , PG / VG and nicotine in the fridge. I think you do but you then need to take them out and let them get to room temp. before you mix them up ? and if so is it alright for them to go from fridge to room temp. and back to fridge ?

EDIT. "And you already answered this one in this thread "Storing e-liquid in the fridge". All good to go now !! ..

Cheers again, Terry
    Last edited by TerryW; 10-01-18 at 08:26 PM.

AVF Regular
    Hi again Fabricator4,

Just one more for now if you don't mind.

I bought the product from Hiliq that you have posted but I am unsure what strength I have got, well I think I have 100MG but I am not sure what this converts to. The printing is E-Liquid Base Unflavored 100MG/ML and they are 100ML bottles.

Your link has this in the description "UNFLAVORED 3-72MG/ML NICOTINE BASE 250ML" When I look in the drop down box it only goes to 72MG ?.

EDIT. "I got it worked out, I didn't scroll down far enough. It explains how much I use based on the strength I bought, for 10ml bottles I use 1.8ml for 18mg strength".

And do you store all the products, the mixers , PG / VG and nicotine in the fridge. I think you do but you then need to take them out and let them get to room temp. before you mix them up ? and if so is it alright for them to go from fridge to room temp. and back to fridge ?

EDIT. "And you already answered this one in this thread "Storing e-liquid in the fridge". All good to go now !! ..

Cheers again, Terry
    Yep, you're getting the hang of it. The 100mg/ml stuff you have is good for mixing with RTVs or doing DIY. The stuff I linked is for people who don't feel comfortable handling high concentration nic, or who want to buy say 6mg/ml unflavoured to vape straight. There's no problem handling 100mg/ml as long as you take some basic precautions, but some people, especially if there's small kids in the house or they don't feel confident prefer to buy lower concentrations. For me, I'd never buy less than 100mg/ml and if I want some unflavoured I mix it that way myself. Even low concentration nicotine is dangerous to toddlers, so keep that in mind if you have little ones around.

You certainly can store everything in the fridge. You need to take things out of the fridge or freezer and let them come to room temperature before you crack the lid. If you don't, warm air gets in and moisture condenses into the liquids. It's not a big deal, but it's easy to avoid.

What I do: Long term storage concentrated nicotine goes in the deep freeze (-18C). I have one small bottle (50ml) out usually, for mixing ad hoc. If I'm not going to be mixing it goes back in the regular fridge or freezer.

I've started storing VG and PG in the deep freeze too, but that's mainly because I've started buying that in bulk - 5L at a time. PG has a shelf life of two years (at 20C) and VG is probably 1 year, conservatively. I keep some squeezy lab bottles of each at room temp for ad hoc mixing, plus some 500ml bottles to keep them topped up. I'll easily use that in 1 year.

Concentrates I don't refrigerate. Some of them are quite concentrated, so I worry that refrigeration or freezing may do more harm than good. Some have a good shelf life, others not so much. For example my cooling agent is close to a saturated solution - even refrigeration would cause it to crystalise. If I haven't used a concentrate in 2 years then I'm probably not much interested in it. If I want to start using it and it's no good, I'll replace it (hasn't happened yet). The other problem is if wanted to refrigerate all my concentrates, it would take up close to two shelves in the fridge. For the sake of domestic harmony I refrain from that ;-). I think there's a couple of RTVs tucked into the fridge, and my current open nic in the freezer part, but that's about it.

The main problem is those 43 Celsius days. They can put a few months age on an almost empty bottle of nicotine, easy.

This all sounds horrendously complicated, but it's not really. Everyone starts off small, then it grows as your vaping journey progresses. Just take small steps, and do what seems right. My vaping journey started with four 30ml bottles of e-liquid with 18mg/ml nicotine and a cigalike that failed within a week. What a Billy Hunt I was :-)
    TerryW likes this.

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone had a good week, looking forward to the weekend, 38c here in Ipswich tomorrow so will have to get the chores done early

I have been purchasing some more items to try a bit of mixing myself.

I have everything I need and I have downloaded ejuice me up software but I am still unsure how to mix them up.

I have the PG/VG and Unflavored 100 mg/ml Nicotine Base 100ML.
    The first flavour I have is Fresh Green Apple 60/40 PG/VG

I want to fill a 10ml bottle and the strength I am looking at is 18mg for the nic.

So this is what I think

2ml Green Apple
    1.2 mil nicotine
    3.0 ml PG
    3.8 ml VG

Am I close here you think or am I am reading it all wrong ?.

Cheers for any assistance.

Terry
    Last edited by TerryW; 12-01-18 at 06:42 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast