Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By DogMan
  • 1 Post By emu
  • 2 Post By 1ynne

Thread: Mix n Match - gear suggestions

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Mix n Match - gear suggestions

Hi all!

I was here a while ago (june or something??), anyway at that time I was just not able to fully overcome some of the challenges vaping presented (nasty nasty throat issues to the point of incontinence from coughing hahaha). You all were super excellent and very kind and all your help did not go to waste despite me being a bit of an un-success.

With all your help (and kind donation of a gift cert) my partner was able to transition to vaping very successfully. We also helped a few people get into vaping as well. Lots of vapers in my small community of perhaps 1k ppl actually.

But that silly kind man of mine gave away his backup device and behold... it decided to cease charging shortly thereafter. So some time with the tradie blokes while waiting for shipping got him back fully on the smokes and he has been struggling to get back fully to vaping.

Now for the bit I need a bit of help with:

He decided to do some online shopping without much research and he didn't do half bad... but a few mistakes. He bought a nautilis and a nautilis 2, as well as an aspire starter that has the cf vv+ paired with the mini nautilis. He got the wrong battery though - got the cf sub and not the vv. (I would have bought a diff mod with more flexibility but ah well). After some casual discussion he has since ordered an atlantis 2 to fit the cf sub battery. The man is a bigger impulse shopper than I am! He loves his 2 pockeX as they fit into his work pants cargo pockets and dont encumber him to much.

Now I am not an electrician and am a bit cautious about blowing things up (coils or batteries!) and am wondering what fits on what. The naut 2 came with the 0.7ohm coil in it so i figured it would be ok on the cf sub. It works a treat but I am still not 100% if its ok to do that so not really continued. I haven't tried the nautilis 1 on it and am very reluctant to do so as it has a 1.8 or something.

• What can go with what of what he has bought.
    • What would be a good mod to go with these tanks. MTL but not too tight. The atlantis with that cf sub battery will be an interesting foray into dl. (I dl half the time on mtl stuff heh - I am weird but it helps my throat not to hurt on bad days)
    • Any other gear suggestions? Nothing too super advanced though.

On a really positive note: he bought another aspire starter kit with the K1 and cf g-power battery and its been a godsend for me. It doesn't have as good a flavour as the mini nautilis but it works really well for me and has been a bit of a revelation actually! We had a lot of trouble getting the mini working properly. Have to hold the fire button for a few seconds then draw on it to get any vape (changed the coils, checked air holes etc etc).

Also - it turns out I am weird (ok i knew that already haha!). I had a sinus surgery earlier this year which had a terrible recovery. The operation didn't fix much and the have discovered some nerve issues which affect my throat, ears, teeth and sinus. This means that one day im great vaping, doesn't hurt, life is beautiful. Next day - its like sandpaper rubbing me raw and I can't taste any flavour (even though its there). Most mornings I cant vape and have a few smokes. Terribly frustrating! But down from 25ish champ ruby red rollies to 4-10 max. So thats a win right?!

Thanks all in advance

AVF Regular
    The 1.8 nautilus refers to ohms. Which is a measurement of resistance. On a 4.2 volt battery. That draws 2.33 amps

The 0.7 ohm nautilus 2 pulls 6 amps.

Look into ohm's law. But the 1.8 is safer and 0.7 is stronger.

I'm bad at explaining things though
    Fatman likes this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

emu
    AVF Regular
    Poor tradie blokes get blamed for everything...

Use the higher Ohm coils on the lower Mah batts as dogman said because it is the safe way to go.

Maybe look at buying a small mod with bigger capacity built in battery that you can adjust the wattage on like an eleaf istick 2600 Mah, there is quite a few different brands just depends on what takes your eye.
    It'll give you more flexibility to fine tune the wattage to suit the coil and last longer between charges, the link below is just so you can see what I mean but shop around and check out different prices and shipping rates.

A high VG juice may be easier on your throat especially unflavoured with low nic for DL, I find 3 or 4 mg juice is plenty for DL, good luck with everything Tiggin and I hope you guys find a happy place with vaping.

Welcome to The Flavour Republic Store!
    1ynne likes this.

AVF Regular
    welcome back Tiggin - just a thought but maybe on your "bad" days when vaping hurts... nicotine lozenges might help ? Some guys on here make there own - mints and even chocolates... or snus... I am sure the snuffers can offer suggestions
    gtadmin and emu like this.

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggin View Post
    Also - it turns out I am weird (ok i knew that already haha!). I had a sinus surgery earlier this year which had a terrible recovery. The operation didn't fix much and the have discovered some nerve issues which affect my throat, ears, teeth and sinus. This means that one day im great vaping, doesn't hurt, life is beautiful. Next day - its like sandpaper rubbing me raw and I can't taste any flavour (even though its there). Most mornings I cant vape and have a few smokes. Terribly frustrating! But down from 25ish champ ruby red rollies to 4-10 max. So thats a win right?!

Thanks all in advance
    Hi Tiggin, Emu is right, a very high VG liquid might work for you.

In the interesting of finding out, mix up some plain VG with 5% water to thin it out a bit. Give that a vape first thing in the morning when you seem to have the most trouble.

If that goes OK, you can try adding a little nicotine. If that suddenly causes it to flare up then the problem could be the type of nicotine, or it could still be the PG if your nicotine is in PG (which is what we normally recommend).

If it turns out you are completely intolerant of PG, it's possible to buy nicotine in VG. I have one friend who can only ever vape 95% VG and 5% distilled water, at about 8mg/ml nicotine.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.