Thread: Flavour fade?

Flavour fade?

Hi,
    Im vaping various flavours all mixed 50/50 with a no flavour 100%VG 24mg Nico (12mg mixed). Ive had regular flavours and doublers but they all seem to do the same thing. The flavour fades away through the course of the day(using a tank). It a bit like sipping a frozen drink. At first the flavour is rich and tasty but by the end its watery and boring.

Anyone know anything about ejuice mixes and if VG/PG ratio could be the reason for this. Im suspicious that the 100% PG flavour mixed with 100% VG unflavoured Nico is the reason for this. Perhaps the PG is vaping before the VG. Could it be that the VG is thicker and the PG is pulled into the carto first?
    I only have 100% VG Nico so I cant test another ratio without losing Nico mg. Will order some PG nico if this is the reason.

php
    It happens, mate. Don't worry it'll come back.
    Cheers.... Pete.

Provari+Liquinator, Prodigy V3+306DCA, 510N, VV Egos and other bits.

As a rule of thumb, PG will give you more flavour at the expense of less vapour, VG will provide the opposite effect. A lot of people (myself included) use a mix of PG/VG to get the best of both worlds. Personally I use PG based nicotine and juice, then add the VG.
    Flavour will start to degrade as the atomizer gets older obviously, it can also change if the juice has been sitting around for a while.

CCC
    I was using 50/50 mixes the same as you 100%pg nic and 100%vg doublers in my tanks a while ago and i definatly noticed the same thing happening. I figured it was my taste buds getting used to the flavour, so would have to switch to a different flavour when that would happen. Now that i use the stardusts it doesnt happen, i guess because there is less juice to get through, when i finish one off i will go onto the next flavour, and mostly just go back and forth between 2 flavours for a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    I was using 50/50 mixes the same as you 100%pg nic and 100%vg doublers in my tanks a while ago and i definatly noticed the same thing happening. I figured it was my taste buds getting used to the flavour, so would have to switch to a different flavour when that would happen. Now that i use the stardusts it doesnt happen, i guess because there is less juice to get through, when i finish one off i will go onto the next flavour, and mostly just go back and forth between 2 flavours for a couple of days.
    I am using a stardust and this is happening. I put it down to either tastebuds are worn out or the juice does not mix and vape equally in the tank. Im going to experiment with less VG in the mix. Im ordering 100% PG flavours and going to get a weak VG blend of Nico base. Ive still got 150ml or 100%VG nico to get through before I order more though. For now it will do.