Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: Goodbye lollipops hello fog shop

AVF Regular

Goodbye lollipops hello fog shop

Well Iíve finally got everything I need to start vaping with a couple of different tanks and coils to find my preference.

Juice was the last thing to arrive, and I finished mixing my juice at midday.
    Itís 3.30 now, so a bit more steep and Iím into it!

Have pico with melo 3 mini running 0.75ohm ecml and nautilus mini running 1.8ohm bvc.

Made a couple of juices:
    12&9mg 8% lemonade @ 60/40, 10ml
    12&9mg 5% rum +8% cola @ 60/40, 10ml

I thinks the 12mg for nautilus and 9mg for melo 3.

For me the mg strength is most important, Iíll be able to up flavour to taste (if to much diluted will start again). Looking so much to making first 100ml batch, and ordering a bunch of coils that I like!

RDA and related is in the mail!!

I bought the juice from Aussie-ecigs (vg is really thick eh, I had no idea)

Really hoping to start ~7pm tonight, but I may have to wait till atleast midday tomorrow to allow the Nic to settle.

Cheers AVF from LHB
    giruvian, Danny76 and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhead View Post
    Well I’ve finally got everything I need to start vaping with a couple of different tanks and coils to find my preference.

Juice was the last thing to arrive, and I finished mixing my juice at midday.
    It’s 3.30 now, so a bit more steep and I’m into it!

Have pico with melo 3 mini running 0.75ohm ecml and nautilus mini running 1.8ohm bvc.

Made a couple of juices:
    12&9mg 8% lemonade @ 60/40, 10ml
    12&9mg 5% rum +8% cola @ 60/40, 10ml

I thinks the 12mg for nautilus and 9mg for melo 3.

For me the mg strength is most important, I’ll be able to up flavour to taste (if to much diluted will start again). Looking so much to making first 100ml batch, and ordering a bunch of coils that I like!

RDA and related is in the mail!!

I bought the juice from Aussie-ecigs (vg is really thick eh, I had no idea)

Really hoping to start ~7pm tonight, but I may have to wait till atleast midday tomorrow to allow the Nic to settle.

Cheers AVF from LHB

Well done!

I'd only wait to use it if I had other stuff to vape in the meantime. If it was all I had, well that's why they call it "shake'n'vape" :-D
    Sublime and Lionhead like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Haha true true

Itc at 5pm I’m down ...

Hey do you colour your juice?
    Danny76 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Haha true true

Itc at 5pm I’m down ...

Hey do you colour your juice?
    never......... why add anything you dont need?
    emu and Lionhead like this.

AVF Regular
    Needs more rum lol
    emu likes this.

AVF Regular
    Fab will come back with a more definitive answer,as he uses rum and I don't, but I would expect rum to be one of those flavours that will improve greatly with a good steep.

So what I'm saying is be careful you don't overdo it.

sent from my masticated yam
    emu and Lionhead like this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Fab will come back with a more definitive answer,as he uses rum and I don't, but I would expect rum to be one of those flavours that will improve greatly with a good steep.

So what I'm saying is be careful you don't overdo it.

sent from my masticated yam
    Yeah, I've tried bourbon, whisky, and rum. They all taste terrible if you expect to get something that tastes like the real thing and use a lot of it. The best way of using them is with coke (or your favourite mixer I guess) and just enough so you know it's in there.

The closest I got to something decent was my Christmas Pudding. That's one that I only make at Christmas, only in small batches, and it has about 10% OP Rum in it. ;-) I know what you are going to ask, and the answer is "yes".
    Last edited by fabricator4; 22-01-18 at 05:55 PM.
    rockmoose and Lionhead like this.

AVF Regular
    Yeah at 5% I don’t know it’s in there

AVF Regular
    Yeah at 5% I don’t know it’s in there
    I'd suggest, mainly because you don't know what it tastes like on it's own. If you don't know what they taste like on their own it's very hard to make good decisions on how to use them. I'd recommend you mix it to 5% on it's own, then decide if you want more of it ;-)

There's a sticky thread on testing flavours in the DIY section. It's maybe a bit more advanced that you want to be at the moment... maybe later - you kind of have to work up to it if you are really keen on DIY.
    (I'm biased about the flavour testing thread... because I wrote it. It's not everyone's cup of tea.)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    I'd suggest, mainly because you don't know what it tastes like on it's own. If you don't know what they taste like on their own it's very hard to make good decisions on how to use them. I'd recommend you mix it to 5% on it's own, then decide if you want more of it ;-)

There's a sticky thread on testing flavours in the DIY section. It's maybe a bit more advanced that you want to be at the moment... maybe later - you kind of have to work up to it if you are really keen on DIY.
    (I'm biased about the flavour testing thread... because I wrote it. It's not everyone's cup of tea.)
    Thanks fab Iíll check out your thread when Iím next ordering flavour. Iím already going to get rasberry to mix with lemonade to make a fire engine blend, and Iíll up the rum with the already good 8% coke.

On another note Iím over two hours in vaping now (primarily lemonade) and I love the nautilus mini after the initial TH I either got used to or it calmed down for me, 12mg. The melo is cracking and popping a bit more and is still a little harder on throat at only 9mg.

I really hope the melo improves, next test batch for it will be 70/30 and 7 or 8mg (I really need to vape it more to know however), and 2% more rum.

But yeah the nautilus mini bvc is superb already (wish I had another already, but see how consumption goes I may buy the 5ml).
    Also want to put away my backup so yeah think ima aspire away from melo 3 already at this point lol.

2.5 hours without a smoke yeha, although gee wiz I had an after dinner craving for one but I just went bvc and thought Ďtough it outí

Edit: coughing is a bit of an issue, but I read starting out that goes away after 2 or 3 days
    Also checked your thread, very good and Iíll follow it closely when rda arrives.
    Last edited by Lionhead; 22-01-18 at 07:59 PM.
    emu likes this.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast