Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New to E-Cigs, which disposablee cartridge system?

AVF Regular

New to E-Cigs, which disposablee cartridge system?

Hi all,

I'm new to vaping, well not really, but new to vaping e liquids. I've had experience with herbal vaporizers, tried them with tobacco once around 5 years ago, but it really is the worst taste you could imagine.

Anyway, I decided to try out e liquids after stumbling across them, I already had a Thermovape T1 so decided to start with their AVA atomiser. Tried a few diifferent flavored juices from juice whore mixed with some 36mg liquid from the states, didn't like the flavor of any of them, found it messy and really wasn't impressed. I got from it that vaping could help me quit smoking 30 ciggies a day but needed a better way to do so.

So I ordered the eversmoke starter kit, took 5 weeks for it to show and their cusotmer service was seriously lacking. Tried it, love the flavor, it is easy to use, easy to use anywhere, no mess. Really impressed with the product but given there is only one place to buy them from and they ship by slowest means possible with no other options I decided to try another means to use the juices I have.

Saw some goood reviews on the vision ston v3 and gave it a go, it leaks out the thread!

Anyway, the eversmoke system works out to cost me less them $3 a day including over charged freight from the states, as I said it is simple, easy and no mess so I think a dispossible cartridge option is really the way for me, I know buying the liquids and filling tanks and shit can be cheaper, but going from $20 a day to $3 will do if it doesn't involve the mess and items that just look too suss to be puffing on in public.

I might be wasting my time here in asking, I see most on here don't seem too keen on the eversmoke type systems, but I'm wondering if anyone else uses the look a like, use and bin cartridge type systems and if so which brands are easy to deal with and offer more then one shipping option?

Alternatively are there other options I should look at? I can live with filling carts of a night if they will provide a no mess, convenient solution for the day. I'm a bit lost here really, if there was an online distributor I could buy the eversmoke products off I wouldn't have a problem, I'm at 5 weeks of vaping and no smoking without even feeling like one, vaping rocks just need to work out how to do it right for me.

AVF Regular
    And sorry, I really need a new keyboard and spellcheck lol.

CCC
    Check out vapor4life. They sell all the prefilled cartos, juices if you decide to refill and have lots of color choices with batteries etc.

AVF Regular
    Cool thanks, they have carts up to 36mg, now I'm wondering if an 18mg from them would be comparable to an 18mg from eversmoke. Then there are all the flavors to pick from, the lv or coolcart. So much to work out, if anyone uses these can help shed some light it would be great. I've got around 3 months supply of eversmoke, I was going to wait a while before making the jump on another brand, but with all the variables I guess the sooner I start the better, while I have a system that works I have time to find another.

CCC
    18mg will be the same strength from both places. V4l have great customer service and many happy customers. If you have facebook you can like their page to see specials and discount codes etc.

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    The downside to prefills Is not the cost necessarily but the idea that the vendor controls how much juice is in your cart(o). When I first started I bought an 808 system with prefills. The cost was high comparatively but not as bad as some of the dodgy market-based crook in Aus selling e-cigs to noobs "on the street." Ultimately what pushed me away from prefills was the rate I went through cartos compared to what a friend did with his eGo and empty cartos.

It really is up to you but IMHO you should go with some stardust cartos and an eGO pass thru. My first and only convert was just recent. He asked me for info via email. I recommended placing a healthcabin order for the above and some Dekang juices. When I caught up with him he had gotten his order that week, had been off the smokes three days (he's a soviet era Russian who smoked like a burning kuwaiti oil-well ) and needed no coaching on use etc. (He's a doctor of biochemistry working in genetic research and his initial assessment of the technology was that he could see absolutely no reason for concerns regarding cancer.)

The other benefit of going this way is that you can choose to control your nic level more easily and you can have a stock of juice that means you won't be waiting on carts from the US and stressing when you are running low.

I hope that made sense; I hate writing long posts on my phone..

Sent from my personal mind control implant.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothingexpert View Post
    The downside to prefills Is not the cost necessarily but the idea that the vendor controls how much juice is in your cart(o)..
    conspiracist lol. Just having a laugh but thats how it reads, I'm sure some brands are inconsistant with their juice volume per cart, I'd say the worst thing is switching from one brand to another would result in all hardware from the previous brand becoming junk.

I was looking into the startdust to try out, that's how I came across the vision ston v3, said it was just like a bigger stardust, doesn't leak...... But it does! Did I just get a dodgy one? It leaks out the thread where it screws into the battery. I'd be happy to go with a fill yourself system if there were no leaking, if a tank that doesn't leak really exists I'd rather it be a 510 to suit my existing battery, less to carry around that way.

Also, I don't see how going the fill yourself system is any easier as far as keeping stock goes, if I order 3 months stock at a time and place each order whn I have 2 months stock left how is it any different to doing the same with the juices?

CCC
    Well if you ordered 250ml of nicotine liquid from overseas you would be able to mix that with flavour doublers you can buy in Australia. Just say you got the 36mg nic liquid, you would mix that 50/50 with your doublers giving you a total of 500mls of 18mg juice. You would probably average 3ml per day so that lot would last you aproximatly 166 days.

If you were to buy prefilled cartos, you would probably use 2 per day so to last the same amount of time you would need to order 332 of them, im not going to work out the costs, but on volume alone can you see the difference?

The other option is to buy 500mls of premade juice, which just works out to be a tad more expensive than mixing yourself. But really it comes down to what you are comfortable doing.

From personal experience i have never had a stardust leak, except for when i was tightening them holding the plastic part instead of the metal, which caused a crack. If you are gentle with them they are extreemly reliable and easy to use.

The other options are boge cartos which you can use on 510 or ego batteries. And vapeking now have a new carto called the Comet, that would fit on either battery also. I have tried that one too and had no leaking issues, but i have read that someone else got 1 to leak. I guess it is a lot of trial and error to find what suits you best.

AVF Regular
    But ordering that much would be illigal, only allowed to bring in 3 months stock lol. I'm just joking, really when you boil it down going the liquid option would be a shit load cheaper. Tried the v3 tank again today, a new one as I ordered 3. Seemed to work ok for a bit, then picked it up to have another puff and copped a mouthful of liquid, took the tank off and the T1 510 adaptor was full of liquid again! All the reviews on these say they are great and don't leak so clearly I must be doing something wrong.

Super Moderator
    The three months supply rule of thumb is variable, most members here have not had any issues with importing the amounts mentioned.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast