Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Swollen glands/sore throat

Swollen glands/sore throat

Help guys (again).

I've had an ear infection, with one ear completely blocked which has now been cleaned up by the doc, and I'm still on the anti-biotics. I'm waking up with a terrible throat and very bad swollen glands, sore ears for the last couple of days. Vaping with the stardust/ego is killing it.

I went from the volt cartos, to the stardust, but never adjusted my nic level which is 20mgs. Is it possible I should have adjusted that down a bit as I feel it's stinging my throat.

I've now filled up a boge carto with 20mgs as thats all I have (but have 15 & 10 coming), and that is better on my throat at the moment. I'm going through a bit of nic withdrawal, which is pretty crap, shivering, cold, aches pains, so I'm trying to inhale with the boge/ego as I can. They are LR.

Any advice, as per usual, muchly appreciated.
    JuiceWhore Sig

CCC
    Hi bren, sorry to hear your troubles. When i got really sick about a month into vaping my throat couldnt handle vapour either. So what i did to not get the nic withdrawals was suck the vapour into my mouth, not inhale but just leave it in my mouth for a while then puff it out again. I figured by doing that i was absorbing the nic through my mouth and not my lungs. It gets a bit of getting used to but you know what it worked. It gives your throat time to heal. Hope that helps you get through if you decide to try it.

AVF Regular
    20mg is abit strong for me...i usually vape around 18mg-12mg..never had a problem but most of the time im sucking juice into my mouth, that causes some discomfort especially on the belly and throat and a flu like feeling....
    Last edited by tetsky; 27-04-12 at 12:45 AM.

Super Moderator
    You could try mixing a bit of VG (available from Woolies / Coles) with the juice you have. This will reduce the throat hit somewhat and also lower the nic%, but ... it will also drop the flavour a bit. Might be worth it in the short term though?

Quote Originally Posted by bren View Post
    Help guys (again).

I've had an ear infection, with one ear completely blocked which has now been cleaned up by the doc, and I'm still on the anti-biotics. I'm waking up with a terrible throat and very bad swollen glands, sore ears for the last couple of days. Vaping with the stardust/ego is killing it.

I went from the volt cartos, to the stardust, but never adjusted my nic level which is 20mgs. Is it possible I should have adjusted that down a bit as I feel it's stinging my throat.

I've now filled up a boge carto with 20mgs as thats all I have (but have 15 & 10 coming), and that is better on my throat at the moment. I'm going through a bit of nic withdrawal, which is pretty crap, shivering, cold, aches pains, so I'm trying to inhale with the boge/ego as I can. They are LR.

Any advice, as per usual, muchly appreciated.
    Your nicotine level is way too high. Drop it to 7-8 mg and just try it for a few days. I guarantee you will not have a sore throat anymore. You will just have to vape for a little bit longer then normal to get the same amount of nicotine. Trust me. Your nic is too high

Don't worry about your PG VG levels they have no effect

Try the hold it in your mouth trick as CCC advised as this worked for me last week when I had a cold..it was the only thing I could think of as I was not going down in the nicotine level and going through withdrawal as well as the bloody cold.
    Last edited by Bree; 27-04-12 at 06:35 AM. Reason: typing error
    CCC likes this.

i went and bought nicobates to suck on when i had a cold early on, they sucked too, ended up not vaping much or using any nic for a few days and drank lots of lemon and ginger tea and slept and felt sorry for myself.
    Colds suck.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular

Thanks again to everyone.

Especially Mick, I'll try that lol.

I think I'm going to do what besure and Stoney said immediately. Also yes Bree thanks, CCCs advice too ive been doing, plus rinsing out mouth with cool water after every vape and ears feel like they are bleeding slightly less. Friggin does suck. I think I'll get those minis to suck on while everything is inflamed. Great idea Stoney. Please no more veterans leave and leave us noobs out to the curse of going back on those the stickies! We need you all.
    JuiceWhore Sig

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Except me....

Sent from my personal mind control implant.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast