Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Just a thought - suggest new vapers go for two part set-ups?

Just a thought - suggest new vapers go for two part set-ups?

I came to vaping from one of the typical (over-marketed and over-priced) cig-a-likes like everybody else did.

I have seen numerous new posters asking questions about cartridge and tank systems. Let's face it there are still plenty of 510-T and eGo-T starter kits out there, so it is not surprising that people doing a bit of research find them. There have been a lot of developments over the last couple of years and in my (own and humble) opinion the cartridge/tank is dead. It is messy, it leaks and it is a pain for a new vaper to pick up - especially if they have come from a cig-a-like. I have tried them later in my vaping journey and what can I say - they are rubbish compared to what has come since.

So - I would always recommend a new vaper to a two-part set -up. A battery and a cartomiser/clearomiser. We can debate the battery and the other part (carto or Stardust, or whatever) but I would steer all new vapers away from the old cartridge/tank system.

Obviously, I am not talking about tank mods. I mean the -T marketed starter kits.
    timeout and RIDING OLD SKOOL like this.

I tend to agree but don't ever mention an EgoT (B) is crap to our man Flea who loves these , I started with a Mirage 401 kit which was over $100 at the time, I can't believe now that this was my main toke for over a year. I still have a box of pre-filled carts and all the bits and pieces for the old 401 and perhaps I'll frame the lot one day.The EgoT was a complete revolution to me and with a stardust is still my out and about fave, for a newcomer IMO the best starter kit.

The EgoT battery, yes. But the 'with a Stardust' is my point.

Most of the Ego batteries, regardless of how they are labeled (T or otherwise), are much the same and a really good step up from cig-a-likes. It is the carts themselves that are past their time IMO.
    shipo and Avguy like this.

I have to agree with Shipo. I started with an Ego-T (B) starter kit and still love it. It's a great first step that includes everything you need to start vaping. Add some Boge 510D LRS and you've got lots to play around with without getting too confused.
    shipo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shipo View Post
    I tend to agree but don't ever mention an EgoT (B) is crap to our man Flea who loves these , I started with a Mirage 401 kit which was over $100 at the time, I can't believe now that this was my main toke for over a year. I still have a box of pre-filled carts and all the bits and pieces for the old 401 and perhaps I'll frame the lot one day.The EgoT was a complete revolution to me and with a stardust is still my out and about fave, for a newcomer IMO the best starter kit.

Nup star dust is crap for vapor production. A newly quit smoker needs a dual coil XXXL cartomiser on an ego. Easy draw, heaps of flavour and you can see the level of juice. It's like comparing a Toyota yaris with a 4x4 for vapor production
    Avguy, X-BoNeS-X and quoll like this.

Quote Originally Posted by quoll View Post
    The EgoT battery, yes. But the 'with a Stardust' is my point.

Most of the Ego batteries, regardless of how they are labeled (T or otherwise), are much the same and a really good step up from cig-a-likes. It is the carts themselves that are past their time IMO.
    Yep the atties I found a pain in the arse to keep clean,pulling the centre pin out and and stuffing around with the wick and coil turned me off them, The stardusts are fairly reliable, easy maintenance and run well with the ego's..I'm still searching for the perfect Tank for my SS Apollo..I'm thinking the Stainless Torpedo from vaper age Torpedo Tank Stainless Steel..Very exy but if the performance is there I'm willing to give it a burl.
    timeout and quoll like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shipo View Post
    Yep the atties I found a pain in the arse to keep clean,pulling the centre pin out and and stuffing around with the wick and coil turned me off them, The stardusts are fairly reliable, easy maintenance and run well with the ego's..I'm still searching for the perfect Tank for my SS Apollo..I'm thinking the Stainless Torpedo from vaper age Torpedo Tank Stainless Steel..Very exy but if the performance is there I'm willing to give it a burl.
    Grab the arry carto tank Actv4 they are built much better then anything else I the market. Simple but effective design

If you google ACTV4 it will pop up with the websites that sell these
    Last edited by besure; 06-05-12 at 06:52 AM.
    shipo likes this.

AVF Regular
    Plus one for the eGo-T (B) for beginners, can't be any easier.
    I do clean my (B)s atties & tanks regularly and find it so easy now I've cleaned hundreds.

Maybe Noobs should throw away their atties when they gunk up, just to make it easier?
    Or maybe try the (C)s? which I have yet to try.
    shipo likes this.

CCC
    I agree, pour liquid in, screw on batt, vape = best experience for a noob.
    shipo and timeout like this.

Quote Originally Posted by besure View Post
    Grab the arry carto tank Actv4 they are built much better then anything else I the market. Simple but effective design

If you google ACTV4 it will pop up with the websites that sell these
    Interesting tank, though a couple of drawbacks compared to most tanks. Not clear, so you can't see your juice level. Can't hot swap Carto's.
    On the plus side, the carto and cap are 'bolted' into place so will never slide or accidentally disassemble and the tank would likely take a lot more abuse.

Cheers
    Daily Setup: Modded 3400mah FDV iStick, Orchid v4 RTA
    Daily Juice: Vaporeyes - Lazer Lombardi
    In the mail: Vapor Flask DNA40

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast