Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: e-cig newbie .. yes, another one :)

Super Moderator

e-cig newbie .. yes, another one :)

Hi,

41 years old now and been smoking hardcore since I was 15. For the last 12 or so years I have been on 40+ Longbeach 4mg ciggies a day. Admittedly I only ever smoke about half to 3/4 of a cigarette then throw it in the butt bin. It's now time to either give them up or die. I have had a read around these forums and a few other places and honestly, I am lost with where I should even start!

Nicotine juice or non-nicotine juice?
    What type of e-cig?
    Best value?
    Long battery life?

ARRGGGHH!!

I have a mate who has tried an e-cig and he said they weren't good for using them as a quitting aid which is what I want to use this for. Primarily, I am after some good information on which brand of e-cig will give me the points listed above AND be able to be used with nicotine juice.

Thanks in advance for any information you can give me.

AVF Regular
    Welcome there are alot of threads on here, so do alot of reading, so many options

but to cut a long story short to get you thinking, there is no one right answer

I would get this kit along with 6 30ml bottles of tobacco flavoured eliquid from the same site in 18 mg & 24 nic content

eGo C & Vision eGo Clearomizer Promotion Kit (Zip Case) get the 1.8 to 2 ohm version. Its a cheap and good chinese supplier, and a good kit to start with, relatively cheap, decent battery life, simple to use when starting

but like i said there are really so many options to choose from you need to do alot of reading

Many that start on ecigs get off the smokes but are still using ecigs , thats true, they can be a good transition device, but many see them as a healthier alternative and keep vaping long term. Most vets here started with the intention of giving them ecigs away after a while, but didn't, those that did aren't on the forum anymore lol
    Last edited by Mickg33; 11-05-12 at 12:53 AM.
    CCC and timeout like this.

Smile

Hi there Eidubya & welcome!

e cigs are different experience to different people.

being such a heavy smoker you need to start with nicotine in you liquid, also i would start with a powerful "Mod" that can give you a straight out performance,long battery life & vaping satisfaction

that will make you forget that you ever Smoked.

don't go for anything weak or flimsy.

We are lucky here that so many vendors in Australia are bringing a large selection for you to choose from.

you will also get a lot of help here from fellow Vapers who have been through this.
    timeout likes this.

Super Moderator
    Thanks for the replies. I am seriously considering this kit :

https://www.ivaporize.com.au/electro...arter-kit.html

purely because the shop is near me and I can check it out before purchasing. Does anyone have any feedback about this e-cig? Good? Bad? Could I get nicotine juice and use that with this model e-cig?

AVF Regular
    heres a similar kit for a quarter of the price [Joyetech] Joye 510 Starter Kit (Manual/Auto)

just because you buy from aus dont think its not made in china - yes looks like a smoke, but poor battery life and you cant get nic juice in australia - so many buy nicotine from overseas and mix with juice from here. Have a look at a few aussie vendors on this site and you will get a better deal. Not trying to sell you anything but, stop you wasting money, but sure helps if you can try before you buy, and if they spend time teaching you the basics it may be worth it, up to you

most of us start on those kits but dont use them for long, so you wouldn't be the first to go that way, and a few of my freinds have used similar kits for a month or so and given the smokes and vaping away
    Last edited by Mickg33; 11-05-12 at 12:09 AM.
    CCC and nayomee77 like this.

Welcome. We were all in your shoes not long ago. First - your friend is wrong. If there is a better way of getting off smokes, I do not know what it is. The key is to get enough nicotine without too much fuss early on. Keep it simple at first. 40 low tar smokes a day may be quite hard to match - that is a lot of smokes, but with them being lights, you probably are not used to much throat hit.

To answer your questions:

Nicotine: Unless you are convinced that you do not smoke for the nicotine, very definitely YES to your nicotine question. I would go for 8 or 12mg nicotine ejuice strength based on your smoking - 18 to 24mg may be too high for you, but buy a couple of bottles in that strength just in case. Australian vendors cannot sell it, so you have to import it (which is legal).
    Type: everyone wants a cig-a-like at first, which is understandable, but...
    Best value: The branded versions are not good value and...
    Battery life: Their battery life is poor

That said, there are decent cig-a-like systems if you are set on them. Standard Joye 510 systems work quite well and are a lot cheaper than the branded versions. A PCC (Personal Carry Case) is a good idea if you go that route, as they have a battery that you can use to rechange the battery part of the cig-a-like when you are out and about. The one linked by Mick above is a good one.

Most of us moved on to bigger battery kits very quickly, like the kit that Mick first suggested. I would just buy premixed nicotine ejuice from overseas to start off with. The vendor Mick is linking is reliable and well regarded.

Oh, and to your last point:

Quote Originally Posted by ElDubya View Post
    Could I get nicotine juice and use that with this model e-cig?
    Yes.
    Last edited by quoll; 11-05-12 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDubya View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I am seriously considering this kit :

https://www.ivaporize.com.au/electro...arter-kit.html

purely because the shop is near me and I can check it out before purchasing. Does anyone have any feedback about this e-cig? Good? Bad? Could I get nicotine juice and use that with this model e-cig?
    I'm in a rush, but I just saw the link u've thrown in there and thought I'd better warn u about buying that kit. It was the first e-cig kit I bought.. that exact same one yeah.. And myself personally..was very disappointed in it. I sent it back. It leaked..and the juices it came with tasted crap. Also had to suck on the damn thing so hard to produce vapour, it made my lungs hurt! Maybe I just got a dud..but honestly I'd be really careful about ordering that kit. I don't mean to give the company a bad name. Maybe it was a one off thing with me..They did give me a refund minus the postage. Wasn't going to fight for that.
    I got the Joye 510-T kit. But the battery life isn't as good as some u can get. I mean for me it's ok.. I don't go out much or to many places where I'd use it anyway. Comes with 2 batteries so I charge one up while I'm using the other. But there are other models that are bigger that the battery length will last a lot longer.
    Mickg33, margyb and timeout like this.

AVF Regular
    agree quoll.

what nic you start on is very subjective so get a range of nic levels, hey its nothing in cost compared to smokes so you cant go wrong really

for me vaping was a godsend, and so easy in comparison to other methods off getting off the smokes, whether you go the next step and give away vaping is up to the person, but i dont have any of the ill effects of smoking since transitioning to vaping, so never stopped vaping
    Last edited by Mickg33; 11-05-12 at 12:50 AM.

AVF Regular
    I fortunately skipped the cigarette look-a-likes (cig-a-likes, if your wondering what that means), but before I purchased it was the only thing I knew of. Honestly, don''t buy one and save yourself $60+, because you will be unsatisfied and buy something better in a few days, and probably go back to smoking while you wait. Your friend would've tried a cig-a-like and that's why he didn't think they would help someone to stop smoking. There are devices out there that are for more satisfying than a cigarette in my opinion.

I started with an eGo-t system, which I wouldn't suggest as it's a real nuisance but that kept me somewhat happy (I had a smoke the day I started vaping nic juice, and one two days after and haven't had one since, 2+ months.) I moved on to the stardusts with my eGo-t battery and it was really satisfying, but wanted more vapour and better flavour and have sinced move on to bigger and better devices, which you probably will eventually do too. It is the best starting kit though as it is dead simple to use, low maintenance, and will keep you happy.

Most people will tell you to go for an eGo battery (eGo-t eGo-c battery) and a stardust clearomiser to begin with, and I agree. They're telling you because they want you to be happy.

The eGo battery and stardust don't feel like a cigarette in the hand, but you will get over that very very quickly, you will realise that the vapour and the throat hit are what makes you feel satisfied and are the important parts of mimicking a cigarette. It's what I wish I started on too, and when you start and look back in a few months, you'll wish you did.

And definitely get nicotine juice. Buy a couple of different strengths, and buy a few weeks worth, you don't want to buy heaps at the moment as you will just end up with bottles that are too strong or weak for you taking up space in the fridge. You do want enough to get you through until your next shipment comes though, so you dont go back to smokes while you wait. I'd suggest to buy from the US or Europe if going pre-mixed, as the flavours from China can sometimes taste weak, fake and chemically.

You can go the DIY route and make your own juice if you want, but you might want to go premix to start off with out of convenience. If you do go DIY it will be easier to find your prefered strength. You can also buy the flavours in Australia and the Nicotine solution in China, amongt many other countries.

If you have any questions about this post please feel to Private Message me or post in here, and I'll do my best to help you out. And don't worry, you'll get the hang of all the lingo and jargon very quickly.

Happy Vaping!
    KritiKal
    margyb and timeout like this.

(*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)

Super Moderator
    Thanks heaps everyone. I have decided to go for the :

[Joyetech] Joye 510 T Mega Auto Starter Kit(340mAh Auto Battery)

From Mickg33's link, taa muchly.

Just one last question

What should I go for out of this lot?

HC E-Juice/E-Liquid
    DeKang E-Juice/E-Liquid
    E-Juice PG base
    E-Juice VG base
    nayomee77 likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast