Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Odour free? Really?

Hey guys,

While I am waiting for my gear to arrive from Health Cabin I told my wife all about it and she said "You aren't going to use it inside, are you?" I mean, I can use it inside, right? There's no smell involved, is there? The whole point is for me to give up the durries. It would seem pointless to me to vape outside in the exact same place where I smoke (used to smoke) cigarettes .... I mean, I might as well just HAVE a cigarette if I'm keeping that portion of the habit alive.

Is it odourless? Are there ANY drawbacks that would preclude me from vaping inside the house? (Apart from keeping my nic juice and vaping tools away from the kids, that's a given.)
    Also, does juice get stored in the fridge or will a dark, dry place do?

Cheers,

Pat

Super Moderator
    After doing a bit more reading, it would appear that anything with a "flavour" leaves a smell. The strength depends on how strong the flavour is. Hmmmm.

What about juice storage?

CCC
    Cool dark place is fine, like a top cupboard or a box. I too have a youngster in the house, i do vape inside, just blow the vapour up or away if you know what i mean. If all the doors and windows are closed the vapour lingers for a short time, not as long as smoke, but you can still see it lingering. Its not that hard to go outside to your usal smoking spot and vape, i do it all the time cause hubby still smokes there so we sit together like we used to. And yep vapor smells, like the flavour description, most people are not offended by the smell.

it doesnt have to be a potent smell, its as offensive as food flavours.
    me people can just be totally unreasonable though, good luck with it.
    I am in queensland and never used a fridge, its not even in a dark place anymore.
    vaping 18 month old tasty vapor cafe mocha, tastes no different than it did, if anything, its improved.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Hey EIDubya. Yep.The flavour leaves a smell, usually a nice smell. My husband abhors smoking but really likes the smell of the flavours I vape inside and keeps asking what one it is I'm vaping now. He's happy and I'm happy especially as I don't have to go outside in the cold Canberra weather.

Dark, dry place is best for storage, cool too but not in the fridge.

Vaping isn't odor free ... but it's not particularly intense either. Things such as flyspray, air freshener, and the whole range of typical household chemicals like bleach and cleaning products are all stronger in smell than vaping in my opinion.

That having been said - I've read posts where the odor from some juices puts some people off.

So my advice is to tell your wife that you are indeed going to be vaping inside and that if the odor from a particular liquid bothers her you'll save that for when you are out of the house. Unless your wife is VERY sensitive to smells she should find the majority of liquids smell fine or hardly at all.

AVF Regular
    My girlfriend hates the smell of vaping inside the house. I still vape in side but need to do it in the room she is not in lol.

Oh well not so bad as neither of us smoked inside the house, so vaping in a different room is not the end of the world, but I still don't see why she finds it so offensive?
    Last edited by Mickg33; 13-05-12 at 07:15 PM.

Super Moderator
    My wife is a reformed smoker. She gave up cold turkey almost 4 years ago when we found out she was pregnant. When we both smoked, we both smoked outside and since then I have continued the trend. Even when I am at friends houses who all smoke inside, I still go outside and that freaks them out a bit

I think I'll stick to vaping in my garage. That's where I have my little man cave with my computer and everything anyway and it's only one closed door to the loungeroom, so it's not all bad. Keeps everyone happy then.

Cheers for all the responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickg33 View Post
    My girlfriend hates the smell of vaping inside the house. I still vape in side but need to do it in the room she is not in lol.
    My wife hates the smell of anything "artificial" so she isn't too keen on the flavor smells, regardless of what I'm vaping at the time.

There is an immediate smell (as mentioned already, it's less offensive than most air fresheners) but I find it doesn't linger. The design of our house means that air travels from the living areas to the bedrooms, and when I start blowing clouds rather than stealthing I'll often get the 1AM text message that she can smell it and to stop or go outside. The next day however (or even an hour later) the smell is gone.

The only thing I've found that retains even a hint of the smell is my own clothing when I'm chain vaping, and even then usually only my hoodie. Not like when you smoke and EVERYTHING smells of ciggie smoke until you wash it
    Last edited by soundasleep; 13-05-12 at 10:25 PM.

AVF Regular
    My wife will often walk into the room where I vape and go either yuck what are you vaping or yum that smells nice, either way it is still better than my 16 year constant smell of cigarettes.
    JuiceWhore Sig

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast