Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Cartomizers, Cartridges and Atomizers

Cartomizers, Cartridges and Atomizers

So I'm mostly using Boge cartomizers.. which are great. But I did notice when I was using the cartridges (my cartridges had no fill in them) that I got a cleaner flavour..unfortunately yeah more of a dull flavour..however I was mostly putting doublers into them anyway so it wasn't so bad.
    But I'm also looking for the most cost effective way to vape. AND the easiest way too..cause I'm lazy. I suck at cleaning atomizers..but in saying that I didn't really clean mine following any certain steps or ways people suggested. Like I said.. I'm lazy. So since "cleaning" mine they just aren't the same as they were when I got them.
    What would u suggest aside from boges that are easy and a decent price? And also what are the differences between clearomizers and comet clearomizers? Or no difference?
    Is there something different u would suggest that is better?
    I'm still using the 510 and I'm not sure if I'm going to end up upgrading to an EGO or not yet. I'm trying to stick to this for now..I think.
    Also how long have u been able to get away with using a boge for? How do I tell when it's time to chuck it out?

Just noticed I'm now a "Senior Member" posting in the new vapers section lol.. What a spazz!
    Flea, Avguy, timeout and 1 others like this.

CCC
    Well you will just know when your boge has lived it's last day, the vapour will be minimal and it will taste funky. For the 510 battery i would recommend the Comet clearomiser available at vapeking. I have used one of them and the flavour and vapour were awesome, actually probably one of the best i have ever tried. My issue with them was they looked funny on my eGo batteries because they are so skinny, but they would look great on a 510 battery. They are really cheap so i wouldn't even bother telling you how to clean them, just chuck it once it is done, and there are reports of them lasting 4+ weeks without cleaning. The only hassle with them is you need to fill it with a syringe, and you have to follow the filling instructions exactly so you dont have a leaking issue.

If you do decide to upgrade to eGo batteries, i would recommend the Stardust (i think you have one already) as the easiest system to use. There are now also bigger Comets that have been designed for the eGo, which i have comming as we speak so i cant tell you if they are good or not just yet.
    timeout and nayomee77 like this.

Ok thank u! Yeah I guess also I was wanting something that could be easily cleaned for when I'm trying new flavours out. I don't really want to fill a whole boge just to find out I don't like a particular flavour. But pretty soon I'd say I'll be sticking to a few regular favs.
    I saw that u have to fill it with a syringe.. does it need one with a needle too? Since u fill it upside down?
    Yeah I did get a stardust..but I haven't opened it..as haven't been sure whether I'll upgrade or not. I keep changing my mind lol.

CCC
    The stardust would be the easiest to clean if you didnt like a flavour. All you have to do is tip the juice out, rince it with water a few times till it comes out clear, then you can put another flavour in and start over. The syringes you buy from e-cig vendors have a blunt needle tip, so yes you do need that part, to go in the tiny hole for filling. If you wanted to take the liquid out of a comet, you would have to suck it out with the syringe too, not as easy as the stardust. If you get ego batteries you will be recharging a lot less. The 650mAh ego is not a lot bigger than 510, but lasts way longer between charges.
    nayomee77 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    The stardust would be the easiest to clean if you didnt like a flavour. All you have to do is tip the juice out, rince it with water a few times till it comes out clear, then you can put another flavour in and start over. The syringes you buy from e-cig vendors have a blunt needle tip, so yes you do need that part, to go in the tiny hole for filling. If you wanted to take the liquid out of a comet, you would have to suck it out with the syringe too, not as easy as the stardust. If you get ego batteries you will be recharging a lot less. The 650mAh ego is not a lot bigger than 510, but lasts way longer between charges.
    Okk.. so I think I've changed my mind again after reading this lol I might just order an EGO battery since I accidently ordered an EGO usb battery charger in my first order..and have the stardust also. And then I could mainly use that at home..and just take the 510 with me when I go out.
    Is that all I'd need then if I upgraded? Just the Battery? And to fill the stardust do I need a syringe or needle?

Just watched a vid on it.. So I know now u don't need a syringe or needle to fill it.. But yeah do I need anything else? And questions below..
    Last edited by nayomee77; 14-05-12 at 04:47 PM. Reason: duhh

Uhh..but how long do stardusts last? Is it true it uses a lot more juice?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nayomee77 View Post
    Uhh..but how long do stardusts last? Is it true it uses a lot more juice?
    Yeah the dustys use a fair bit of juice. 1.6ml capacity, and I have to refill them once or twice a day. I usually use a stardust for about 3 or so weeks. You will know when to replace it. The wicks will look brown.

Good value for money IMHO.
    nayomee77 likes this.
    Not responsible.... Ever.

CCC
    Yep all u need is the battery, charger and stardust. No needles required, that is one of the advantages. They last ages i think my first ones were 8 weeks old before i chucked them. I wouldnt say they chew heaps more juice than a boge but just a little more. That is why the flavour is better though.
    nayomee77 likes this.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast