Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Wisdom tooth extraction

Wisdom tooth extraction

I have to get my wisdom tooth extracted soon (in the next few weeks), and I wondered about vaping before, during & after. Any helpful thoughts, hygiene tips (guess my mouth will be bleeding for a few days), would be most appreciated.

Atm, I'm using cartomizers with plastic drip tips, so I thought maybe I would just toss them after a days use for a week or so.
    JuiceWhore Sig

Last time I had a tooth extracted I was told not to smoke as the suction could dislodge a clot and cause dry socket.

I vaped as soon as I got out, bit did suck slowly and cautiously. No problem that time.

RC

Thanks RC.

I hadn't even thought of that. I think I take a pretty light draw anyway - never hitting cut off on any battery (if that's how you go by), so I'll try to suck even slower.
    JuiceWhore Sig

CCC
    Yeah i smoked when i had mine out even though your not supposed to. I think i kept them covered with the gause cause i was scared of dislodging the clot. My only advice is get some heavy duty pain killers, they really hurt when the numbing stuff wears off.

ENJOY the anesthetic and nitrous if u get it! I did ha! And I smoked all kinds the same day I came out..if I remember correctly.. which is probably not reliable information o_O
    I'm sure they'll give u the advice u need..that u can choose to ignore or not lol.

AVF Regular
    I couldn't vape for 3 days, my face was the size of a balloon, and all bruised, had a large infection as well, and they needed to cut into the gums alot and grind out the infection from the bone. On the plus side I got some really strong pain killers from the surgeon and with a bottle of bourbon, didn't find the need to vape either, was quite happy and oblivious to the world for a few days.

As the great Jimi says "Peoples, peoples, peoples" lol, you're going to scare the crappers out of me and I won't go.

No seriously, it's just one at the top which isn't supposed to be a huge deal. The bottom ones are the hard ones - or so the dentist told me - don't tell me he's just making a light situation here lol?

I will check with him. I told him I'd given up smoking, but didn't mention vaping. He seems pretty cool, so I'll just tell him when I go back and see what he advises.

I'm paranoid about the blood clot though CCC. What happens if it does dislodge - just the thing RC says?

Geez, thinking about this, I better stock up on some of those mini things from the chemist haha. I hope I could at least suck on those!
    Last edited by bren; 16-05-12 at 06:45 PM.
    JuiceWhore Sig

AVF Regular
    dont worry bren, apart from the left side of my face saging still with no feeling and the deafness in one ear the side effects from the tooth extraction are well over.

Dry socket is something no-one would want.It is treatable.

I took took the chance as I needed Nic after the visit. I personally would do it again, I am sure.

RC

Quote Originally Posted by Mickg33 View Post
    dont worry bren, apart from the left side of my face saging still with no feeling and the deafness in one ear the side effects from the tooth extraction are well over.

Thanks RC. I'm not going to google it, I'm not going to google it - lol.
    JuiceWhore Sig

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast