Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Is a 50/50 mix of PG/PG a bad thing?

Super Moderator

Is a 50/50 mix of PG/PG a bad thing?

Hi all,

(Title should read PG/VG, my bad)

Just doing a little reading of the forums and noticed that most (if not all) people when ordering juice prefer a 80/20 mix. When I placed my initial order with HC, I must have stuffed up and ordered 50/50. Is this going to be a massive hassle to vape this stuff or am I totally off the beaten track and everything will be fine?

Picking my first order up from the post office tomorrow at 9:00am! Can't wait ...
    Last edited by ElDubya; 20-05-12 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Stuffed the title up.

Super Moderator
    It will be fine: more vapour less throat hit and flavour (but that's exactly what I'm vaping while typing this)

I think it should still be ok..well u may find the flavours to not be as strong. The higher the PG the better the flavour. More VG gives more vapour I think. Are they singles or doublers?

Super Moderator
    Awesome. Thanks

Super Moderator
    They are singles. Still have never vaped (until tomorrow when I bust down the post office door) so trying to soak in as much information as I can get. I plan on setting everything up then using my newly purchased drip tips, vaping a little of every flavor I bought, one at a time, until I find what I like. That's the plan anyway .....
    nayomee77 likes this.

depends on attys, ego T will find it hard to wick and will burn easily .. did you buy premixed flavoured juice at 50:50 ?
    I use 50;50 at times in genesis style stuff but find it needs a rinse through a tank atty with a much thinner juice.
    that being said .. thats home mixed juice, the chinese seem to have some tricks up their oriental sleeves with juice and their VG must have thinning agents, it seems to keep attys much cleaner and produce great vapour.
    if you ever see their ingredient list, there are a few things in there apart from PG, likely cleaners, thinners, wicking agents etc..
    nayomee77 likes this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Super Moderator
    I bought 115ml HC unflavored base - 50% PG + 50%VG but I also purchased 115ml of PG

Quote Originally Posted by ElDubya View Post
    They are singles. Still have never vaped (until tomorrow when I bust down the post office door) so trying to soak in as much information as I can get. I plan on setting everything up then using my newly purchased drip tips, vaping a little of every flavor I bought, one at a time, until I find what I like. That's the plan anyway .....
    Can't remember if u had ordered nic juice too or were doing 0 nicotine? If u are using nic.. u may want to order doublers next time. But depends.. I'm not using nic juice. I was on patches and just vaping straight juice..but mostly even then I've ordered doublers. Only cause I found I wanted more flavour. Also depends on how u will vape too. In the tanks I found the doublers to be ok.. but in boges, some of the flavours I used were too strong.
    If ur dripping most of the time u might find the singles ok. Apparently u get more of a flavour burst with dripping.
    Hope the 50/50 thing works out ok for u anyway.. Let us know how u go tomorrow!!

Super Moderator
    Sure thing.

I vape 100% VG for my homemade juice, 100% VG Alien Visions juice or 40/60 Vapeking mixers.

50/50 will be fine. Don't stress.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast