Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ElDubya
  • 1 Post By ElDubya

Thread: How to fill Clearomisers?

Super Moderator

How to fill Clearomisers?

Hi all,

I need some newbie help please

I bought an Ovale V6 VV from a forum member but can't for the life of me figure out how to fill the clearomizers? All the videos I have watched say to pull the drip tip off and push down on the centre piece but these ones don't appear to do that? They have a drip tip which I have removed but still can't figure it out.

One kind has a cotton wool inner surrounded by glass by the looks of it.

With this one I just soaked the cotton wool in fluid and tried not to get any in the centre hole as it appears to go straight through the atty section. Was that right? It doesn't appear to be.

The other kind has a stainless? steel inner with a little cotton wool. The stainless tube in the middle has a tiny hole between the inner tube and the outer glass. I don't know if it shows up in the pic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pat

AVF Regular
    Kettering south tassie / northern Antarctica
    the top one u filled right the bottom one looks like a carto tank looks like u remove the drip tip
    and slide the cart out a little from the threaded end then put ur juice down the side between
    the tank and the cart hope this helps could be wrong tho
    funny gifs

Super Moderator
    Ahhhh! Excellent! I didn't even think about pulling the middle of it down from the threaded end because every video I watched had them pushing it down from the top!

Thanks man, I feel like a fool.

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by DAWZZY View Post
    the top one u filled right the bottom one looks like a carto tank looks like u remove the drip tip
    and slide the cart out a little from the threaded end then put ur juice down the side between
    the tank and the cart hope this helps could be wrong tho
    Exactly right. The top one, just soak the wool as much as possible and keep it wet (it will soak to the bottom eventually it is massive!) The bottom is a tank with a carto in it. simply pull it out via the thread at the bottom, soak the wool, reinsert half way and fill the tank from the top until it is about 2/3rds full then push the carto all the way in then vape away.

Super Moderator
    Haha, my 7 year old son is standing here reading this and he told me "You feel like a fool? Dad ... You should be ashamed of yourself" .....

He's right .... lol

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDubya View Post
    Ahhhh! Excellent! I didn't even think about pulling the middle of it down from the threaded end because every video I watched had them pushing it down from the top!

Thanks man, I feel like a fool.
    Yeah, because it fits in there so tight and has a flange on the bottom it is hard to tell that it comes out.

Super Moderator
    Thanks guys

AVF Regular
    Does the bottom one's centre column have any holes in? If it's a carto tank, the cartomiser needs holes on the side to be able to wick the juice.

If it's a carto tank, you'll need to replace the cartomiser every so often.

I find the best way to fill is to push on the threaded end and then pull from the driptip end to give you a gap at the bottom, then just fill it up using the gap produced, push the carto back in, etc..

(*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by kritikal View Post

I find the best way to fill is to push on the threaded end and then pull from the driptip end to give you a gap at the bottom, then just fill it up using the gap produced, push the carto back in, etc..
    Except this one is arse about. You PULL on the threaded end and the carto slides down. It's cool, I got it all sussed now and I still feel like a goose ...... lol