Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Going from 10mg to 0?

Going from 10mg to 0?

I've been using about 1ml at 10mg per day, maybe even a little less. I want to get to 0 nic eventually, and the juice I use now has new strengths which don't suit my plan, so I thought maybe I could just go for broke and try to go to 0 nic vaping.

Here is their new strength list, which I don't really understand as I thought 1.5% = 15mg etc etc. I did ask them, and they replied that you take less puffs with the higher strength, and they are using the mg guide as what fills up their refill capsules. A little confusing.....

New strength list

Krystal ~ 15mg(new) = 4.5%
    X-High/V-High/High ~ 10mg(new) = 3.0%
    Medium/Low ~ 5mg(new) = 1.5%
    Zero =0mg(new) = 0.0%

I'm not interested in mixing, buying juice elsewhere etc, just as easy for me to stick to the same company as I'm happy with the juice, not bothered with flavours etc, just like the action of having a puff every now & then.

So..... should I order just 0 nic and get through the cold turkey from 10mg? Opinions please, thanks.
    JuiceWhore Sig

CCC
    Well considering we apparently only absorb 1/3 of the nicotine from vapour, i would say you are actually only getting 3mg give or take per day, which is equivilant to 3 cigarettes. I would assume it would be fairly easy to go from 3 cigarettes per day to none, it would be the action of smoking that would be the hard part to quit. You wont have that problem because you will still be doing the action, so i think it would be safe for you to go straight onto 0nic. But i would also suggest having 1 last juice bottle with a low nicotine content in it in case of emergencies, just so you have a fall back plan and dont buy cigarettes in that case.
    bren likes this.

AVF Regular
    I have gone from 3 ml a day at 18mg to zero nic for a month last year, but got bored vaping no nic, as i didnt want to stop vaping, and went back on the nic. It really is a personal preference thing, I found giving up the nic was less painfull then the smokes. I did go through 3 days of pain cold turkey, but it is only 3 days , so was over soon enough and then had no physical withdrawals after that, at your level the withdrawals would be mild and over quickly.

Others would argue slow and steady is a a better way with more chance of long term success, up to the individual.
    Last edited by Mickg33; 30-05-12 at 07:18 PM.
    bren likes this.

Thanks guys.

Yes CCC, I will have heaps of 10mg spare - and will have it on hand in case - around 60 mls, which for me is around 2 months supply. Kind of like having that pack of cigs in the cupboard.

I'm up for the 3 days of pain like you said Mick, and I don't think it would be that hard since I've hardly vaped that much. I just find I'm vaping more sometimes, and then almost not at all sometimes, so the nic will give me headaches & heart racing when I vape too much. I'd rather just get used to no nic at all, then I can vape as little or as much as I want.

I'll start a few weeks after I get my tooth out as they have me off my medications for my chronic pain (as they thin the blood) for a week before, and a week after, so not a good time. Just wanted to plan so I can order my juice. Thanks again.
    JuiceWhore Sig

AVF Regular
    Hi Bren,
    If your making another order, why not order a small bottle of VG as well. (I remember you may be allergic to PG)
    That way you can dilute a tiny amount of your 10mg at a time to see how you go.

Good luck.
    bren likes this.

Thanks Flea. I chickened out and ordered some 0, but also ordered the lowest strength 1.5% in menthol as I didn't have anymore of nic menthol.

If anyone can advise on what the 1.5% actually means - 15mg??, that would be great. Last thing I want to do is up my nic and climb the walls lol.
    JuiceWhore Sig

CCC
    Bren can you link the website?

3 For 2 ECOpure 30ml - Special Offers

But I have asked about the scale beside the 1.5%, and they responded to say it's that total that goes into one of their refills. So that is why I'm REALLY confused. I've seen other US sites put their nic as %, but it usually is 1.8% = 18mg etc.
    CCC likes this.
    JuiceWhore Sig

CCC
    Seems like they put 1.5% into a capsule, which is 5mg. It is just a weird way they measure it, because you don't know what strength nic they are using, but 1.5% of it in a capsule = 5mg.
    bren likes this.

AVF Regular
    LOL @ Bren.
    With the amount of fog your creating with your eGo Stardusted thingy, how can you see what your vaping?

Triple C: A lot of recent negative feed back in here about your favourite Stardone/did/dusted latley?
    bren likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast