Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ElDubya
  • 1 Post By ElDubya
  • 1 Post By bren

Thread: Dry Hits

Dry Hits

Do you still get good vapour production with dry hits? I don't know if I'm just getting some dry spots in my boge carts, or my mouth is drying out (it's sore), but I can't taste my juice sometimes, and it seems like it could be dry (not burnt) but with good vapour production. If you don't get vapour production consistently with dry hits, then I know it's something else.

I top up and a few drops absorb in, but if I put in anymore than around 3 or 4 I'll get flooding & gurgling. Thanks.
    JuiceWhore Sig

Super Moderator
    How are you filling them? From the bottom or the top? I watched a carto filling "how-to" with PBusardo on youtube, and fill mine the same way he does. No dry hits here, ever ....

A PBusardo Tutorial : Filling Boge 510 Cartomizers - YouTube

CCC
    Dry hits taste yuck.

Super Moderator
    Tastes like burning

i get dry spots if i vape fast on smoktech DC's. Took me a while to realise as i thought it was out and id refill then it would gurgle.

If your getting good vapour production my guess is its a dry spot. When it starts almost no vapour or burny taste then its out.

I usually cough and choke when i get a dry hit.
    Don't try to be a great man; just be a man

Thanks everyone. ElDubya, I fill them using the condom method, pushing it slowly into the cap so it absorbs into the filler at the bottom, before pushing it all the way into the cap to soak in.

I think I'm doing what you do tigerman. I was using dual coil cartos before, and these are warmer so you know if you get nothing. As the boge are single coils, they are a more cool vapour, and as my liquid doesn't have much flavour, and I'm not really tasting much lol, I can't guess when it's starting to dry out.

It's not tasting yuck CCC, just dry, so I'll try to leave it between puffs a bit to see if that helps. I started adding just a drop or 2 more often even though it looked like it could take a few more drops, and this seems to be working ok.
    CCC likes this.
    JuiceWhore Sig

AVF Regular
    I get this sometimes, I usually only find it's due to an old carto or I've vaped the juice for such a long time I can't taste it.

It could be a dry spot and would kinda make sense but if your getting good vapour production and no burnt taste, the juice is vaping fine and you should be able to taste it. Unless it's due to the reason I mentioned above.

You would no if you got a dry hit, it's hot, harsh and tastes like arse. It's basically your filler/wicking material burning, it's horrible. Makes me gag and reach for any drink!

(*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    You would no if you got a dry hit, it's hot, harsh and tastes like arse. It's basically your filler/wicking material burning, it's horrible. Makes me gag and reach for any drink!

Isnt that the throat hit everybody is looking for????
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

Sik
    Quote Originally Posted by Robray View Post
    Isnt that the throat hit everybody is looking for????
    Initially yes, for a lot of people after about 6 weeks though get their taste buds back and give no fucks about it tasting like a cig and are too busy trying to suck the flavour out of the juice injector to want to vape arse juice...

There are a group of people who continue to chase the "tobacco like" and yes, tbh the best solution for them is probly to vape cartos without juice
    Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity