Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: New to vaping

New to vaping

Hey all,

I'm new to the site and vaping. I've been smoking for about a year now and want to stop, can't stand the smell! So I figured I'd try this

Are there any tobacco shops that sell this stuff in Brisbane or is it all online?

Cheers
    Chris

CCC
    The tobacconists only sell crappy little ones that dont have nicotine in them. You will get better deals online. You have to order from overseas to get anything with nicotine in it.
    nayomee77 likes this.

Oh so those shops do sell em...I couldn't see them last time

Plenty of vendors on here.

I do suggest you buy your batteries here in Australia. My 650mAh didn't work when i got it had to send it back from RMA. If it was OS it would take a month + to get back.

Id start with a starter kit of either ego-t or ego-c / unless u want it to look like a cigarette / similar size go the 510 then.
    Available from
    Vape King | Electronic Cigarettes | E-liquids | Atomizers | Cartomizers
    eCig | Electronic Cigarettes | e-Cig Accessories | eJuice Australia
    JuiceWhore E-Liquid E-Juice

Just look at the vapeking one comes with atomizers and cartomizers which you would want to try both.

Then if u dont smoke much or wanna quit completely just buy some premixed nicotine juice from overseas (look in below thread)

http://forums.aussievapers.com/gener...australia.html

If its just the action you want then buy it all local.

It is illegal for australian vendors to sell nicotine basically.

As CCC said above.. most people that sell in shops or tobacconists ..usually only sell the ecigs that are the same size as a real cigarette. But they don't produce much vapour..and are usually imported from china..and from what I've experienced...they suck.
    I originally ordered an ecig-alike kit from a place in Brisbane..and when I got it.. yeah sure it looked like a real cigarette. But it was crap. It leaked. The juices tasted terrible..and I had to suck on the damn thing so hard to get even a slightly decent amount of vapour going. I complained about it and got a refund.
    I then ordered (by suggestion on this forum) a joye 510 kit. I think it's the closest thing u will get to the same size as a smoke (it's slightly bigger) that is worth buying.
    Since then I've ordered an eGo battery too..which is great. But looks nothing like a cigarette. I still use the 510 also when I go out..and mostly use the eGo at home or in the car.
    I don't use nicotine in mine. I went on patches.
    What kind of ecig are u after? Or what do u want from it?
    margyb, CCC and bren like this.

hows it going with the patches nayomee ?
    are you following the proper course ?
    that was my problem with patches. i found it hard to do the reductions as scheduled .. after a while, i got an an allergy to them so that was the end of that.
    good luck with it .. on a similar note, decided to halve the strength of my current juice down to about 10, hassle free so far.
    bren and nayomee77 like this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Thanks for the input...

I'm currently on patches but I'm really missing the action of smoking Aye

So I'm not after the nicotine

Makes it easy, buy it all local. Express post have it the next day!

Most shipping from US starts around $30 in my experience which is alot of juice!
    Mods:Silverbullet - JIB Mini - VTube - Alpha Ultra - iTaste - Kick
    Vaping Since May 27th 2012

Haha good then. The quicker I get them the better

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    hows it going with the patches nayomee ?
    are you following the proper course ?
    that was my problem with patches. i found it hard to do the reductions as scheduled .. after a while, i got an an allergy to them so that was the end of that.
    good luck with it .. on a similar note, decided to halve the strength of my current juice down to about 10, hassle free so far.
    I haven't worn a patch for over a week.. But in saying that my anxiety levels have been through the roof!! I already suffer with anxiety anyway..but I've just been a lot worse lately. The quit line suggested I put the patches back on and keep wearing them till the 3 month course is over. So I'm thinking maybe I will do that..because yeah it has been even worse again since I stopped the patches. It's horrible. But then I wonder am I going backwards slightly..since I haven't worn it for that long. And it's been 2 months 5 days since my last cigarette.
    Yeah sometimes wherever I put it often gets itchy.. I was swapping arms every other day to stop this from happening..but it didn't stop it totally.
    Good that it's going well for u halving it then!! Good work!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast