Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Would like a recommendation.

Question Would like a recommendation.

Hello!!,

So, i've been vaping for around 3 weeks now, and i truly enjoy it. I have just today had my first shipment of Nic Juice delivered after a week or so of nervously waiting to see if it would get detained by customs.

What i would like to know is, am i at the peak.. is there anywhere else i could go?.
    I know everyone has their own opinions on which ecig is better, i have read fair few reviews but wanted to get your opinions.

I have no idea what i have at the moment as there isnt any model number, or name on the site, i bought it from ivaporize.com.au
    https://www.ivaporize.com.au/electro...arter-kit.html

What i liked about this kit was it looked like a cigarette, that is what drew me to the kit, bit not something that I'm too fussed about now. Since using it, i have found i like the PCC, and wouldnt like to have a ecig that doesnt have that kind of facility. What i dont like is a very poor battery, i think i followed the guidelines to get the maximum out of the battrey, but its never seems to clever. Also, it doesnt seem to chuck out too much vape.

Ideally, id like to maximize taste, maximize smoke, and maximize battery. (In an ideal world lol)
    So, What do you use, and what would you recommend?

Last edited by benla; 06-06-12 at 02:11 AM.

peak ? .. well on a scale of 1 to 10, you are probably around the 3.
    I swap around a few devices, but one of my current favourites is an ego C SR type B on either an ego C twist battery or just a good old stock ego 900. An ego C setup and a couple of ego 900 and a charger would set you back maybe $70 I suppose.
    The VV twist is overkill for these tanks but is great with cartos.
    my other choices are either a genesis style katana (18650) or a provari in 18650 mode running stock boges in a SS liquinator.
    either of those are over $250 I guess once you source batterys and chargers etc.

now I have baffled you completely probably, but there is a world of devices out there now and it really cones down to how big you want to go (or not) and how much you like to tinker with things.

Have a look at an eGo setup to start with and see what you think.
    zainwolf, addey and ozydevil like this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    Basically anything like Stoney mentioned is going to be a step up from where you are now

Have a look at VapeBar or Vapeking's websites and see what you think will work for you, search the forum and ask more questions. They are both great vendors and will happily answer any questions you might have in regards to their products.

VapeBar also has some great articles and vids to help explain their products and Vaping.

Hope that helps a little bit
    addey likes this.
    Vaping and smoke free since March 2012

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by benla View Post
    So, i've been vaping for around 3 weeks now, and i truly enjoy it. I have just today had my first shipment of Nic Juice delivered after a week or so of nervously waiting to see if it would get detained by custom
    I was initially worried too but my first order of nic was opened by customs and nothing was taken. That was a 90mg/mL bottle too.
    I'm waiting on a 1L bottle of 100mg/mL to come through and have complete faith it will arrive without hassle.

What i would like to know is, am i at the peak.. is there anywhere else i could go?.
    If you ever think you've reached your vaping peak, take a look at Mickg33 or Cruzmiguel's collections. That will bring you back down to baseline very quickly!

Ideally, id like to maximize taste, maximize smoke, and maximize battery. (In an ideal world lol)
    So, What do you use, and what would you recommend?
    I initially wanted something nice and small too and started on an eGo-t starter kit. I also soon wanted what you want and realised that the only way to get those things in large proportions is to go large!

I'm currently on a ProVari Mini with tanked Boge cartos (probably doesn't make sense to you but don't worry. ) and I'm waiting on a few rebuildable atomisers (also ignore!).

My girlfriend uses an eGo Twist with Stardusts V2's. It's something that I can happily suggest to an initial vaper. It will be a vast improvement on your current setup and you could try it out for about $36 if you get a charger too. It would certainly cover all aspects that you seek improvement on.

(*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)

CCC
    I would recommend this - Ultimate eCigarette Starter Kit

You dont need to worry about a pcc with this kit, the batteries will last 10 x as long as the ones you have.
    Tash likes this.

Watch some of GrimmGreen's videos, i find them fantastic interesting for the mod world.

If your worried about battery life get a Helix The Helix Personal Vaporizer (if u can find one in stock)
    It can hold a 26650 4000mAh battery, you'll probably get 2-4 days use without recharging it.
    Mods:Silverbullet - JIB Mini - VTube - Alpha Ultra - iTaste - Kick
    Vaping Since May 27th 2012

Quote Originally Posted by tigerman View Post
    Watch some of GrimmGreen's videos, i find them fantastic interesting for the mod world.

If your worried about battery life get a Helix The Helix Personal Vaporizer (if u can find one in stock)
    It can hold a 26650 4000mAh battery, you'll probably get 2-4 days use without recharging it.
    lol, thats the first 26650 suggestion to a noobie on these forums ! are you taking the piss ?
    way to go, might be worth working out all the costs involved .. what charger for example, if the mod sucks .. what else do you drop you 26650 in ?
    heh, even I am not that nuts ..
    nayomee77 and DAWZZY like this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    I agree you are probably at a number 3 on the vapor/throathit scale, but too many options, have a look here to get an idea of all the options available http://forums.aussievapers.com/gener...nies-here.html.

A few things to consider to narrow your options down a little, as many are mutually exclusive

What do you want most

Portability/Size - you want something small for out and about or larger for at home, does size matter?
    Battery life - want something to last all day (bigger) or 4 hours before you change batteries (smaller)
    The most Vapor possible (Variable voltage or genesis) or just a step up from what you have (3.7v device but smaller )
    Juice Capacity (Tanks versus carto's versus lbottom feeders etc prefer not to have to fill up with juice all day, prefer the taste of carto's or dripping?)
    Are you prepared to pay over $150 for something that looks great and lasts or under $100 for something that probably can perform just as well, but may not look quite as good, or arguably last as long
    Do you refer tube style mods or box style mods

heres some quick pics and reviews of some of the popular non ego style mods

10 Second Mod Reviews
    Last edited by Mickg33; 06-06-12 at 01:56 PM.
    ozydevil likes this.

Super Moderator
    I measured my eGo-c with arguably the longest cartomiser in the known universe (Sapphire Bud) and it comes in at 17.5cms long. With a Boge LR carto and a driptip it comes in at 16.25cms. Battery life and atty/carto/tank options as positives far outweigh the negative (if you can class that as a negative) of being this long. Get away from that cigarette lookalike (cig-alike.)

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Anyone know any shops in Aus that sell the 10/30ml drip top bottles empty?.. Wanna start adding some nic to my juices, but havent got any empties, and thought it would be easier (and quicker, im impatient) to go to a shop rather than online..

I think the question has been asked before. I dont think you will get your hands on the dropper bottles of the quality that are available on line. In the short term the dollar stores have plastic bottles intended for decanting cosmetics etc in sizes that satisfy the security rules for airline travel. Not ideal in the long term but good enough to get over your impatience!!!
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast