Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Hi all. Considering starting to vape

Hi all. Considering starting to vape

Firstly I would like to say hi to everyone. After a few hours of reading posts from everyone and a few days of considering weather or not to start vapeing so far what I have read has all been very helpful.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with gathering all the required materials to start. I normally smoke about 15 12mg cigarettes a day and would love to quit. I am almost 100% positive I only do it for the taste/throat hit and a boredom killer. I generally smoke more at work since I have a very boring and laid back job that most days requires little to no work.

What I am looking for in a device is something that wont become useless in a few days/weeks and will have to upgrade. I want something that will at least last a few months. Any advice on this would be great.

As far as juices go I've been looking at juicewhores (any advice on other sites welcome) and I would like to get 2 sets to mix to start. 1 would be nic free and 1 with nic. From what I have read on this forum 80/20% is the way to go with pg/vg. So my question here is what equipment would I need to start mixing.

If at all possible buying everything from the 1 place would be great but if not its not really a big deal.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Cpearce; 06-06-12 at 11:43 AM.

CCC
    I would say get everythig from Vapebar. Here is a shopping list

1. Ultimate eCigarette Starter Kit x1 This kit has everything you will need the batteries are good and the clearomizers will last you about 3 weeks each and there are 5 of them.
    2. Vapebar DIY Empty Bottle 10ml x 10 you will need these to mix doublers with nicotine liquid.
    3. 5ml Syringe x2 you will need these to transfer liquids into bottles.
    4. 18g Blunt Needle - Vapebar x2 same as above.
    5. Cauldron eJuice | e Cigarette x5 get doublers dont worry about pg/vg ratios at this stage.

Then you will need to order nicotine liquid (to mix with your doublers) from overseas as you cant get it in Australia at the moment. You can get it from here 115ml HC Unflavored E-liquid [115ml Unflavored] - $17.99 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail get 115ml of unflavoured 36mg 50%PG 50%VG.

While you are there you can check out the premixed juices and get some that you think you may like. I would recommend starting at 18mg so you are getting a decent throat hit 10ml Dekang Tobacco E-juice in 35 flavors [DEKANG 10] - $2.80 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    Robray, margyb, nayomee77 and 1 others like this.

Hey!
    Did u mean u don't want a device that will become useless? And u want something that u'll be happy with for a few months yeah? If u don't want to upgrade then I'd probably suggest not going near the ecig-alike models like the 510 ..and opting for an eGo battery or similar.
    Juicewhore make great juices.. But they don't have juices with nicotine in them. U can only order that from overseas. So if u wanna try to order everything in 1 lot.. u'll have to choose an overseas vendor.
    I don't use nicotine..so I'll let someone else suggest where to get that from.
    Robray, margyb, CCC and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    If you want to order everything from the one place get it from healthcabin.net

one of these starter kits would be ok, after you order you can get any other compatible hardware from australia

[Joyetech] 650mAh Joye eGo C(Changeable System) Starter Kit

Also get 110ml's of unflavoured 36mg 50/50 vg/pg nicotine from the same site (so you can mix with aussie no nic juice later)

and a few bottles of 30ml premixed juice at 12mg to 18mg (based on what you smoke) maybe 1 bottle of 24mg for the first week when you give up if you need it, at whatever flavour you like.

Its just easier on your first order to get it all from one place I think and save postage.
    Robray, margyb and CCC like this.

Agree with the above but if it was me I would go for the latest Ego which is the Twist as it will allow you to adjust the voltage, which you will want to try in a few months anyway.

RC
    nayomee77 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nayomee77 View Post
    Hey!
    Did u mean u don't want a device that will become useless? And u want something that u'll be happy with for a few months yeah? If u don't want to upgrade then I'd probably suggest not going near the ecig-alike models like the 510 ..and opting for an eGo battery or similar.
    Juicewhore make great juices.. But they don't have juices with nicotine in them. U can only order that from overseas. So if u wanna try to order everything in 1 lot.. u'll have to choose an overseas vendor.
    I don't use nicotine..so I'll let someone else suggest where to get that from.
    I "upgraded" from the e-cig alike prefilled carteidges to a 1000mah mod with stardust, then went back to the e-cig alike prefilled. I'm sure I'm not the only one out there, some just like the easiest method, no mixing, no filling, no cleaning, no hassles. Just screw on a cart and vape away.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_B View Post
    I "upgraded" from the e-cig alike prefilled carteidges to a 1000mah mod with stardust, then went back to the e-cig alike prefilled. I'm sure I'm not the only one out there, some just like the easiest method, no mixing, no filling, no cleaning, no hassles. Just screw on a cart and vape away.

Hi Mr_B

I might be missing something here? You mention you are looking for an easy hassle free method of vaping? Its NOT going to get any easier than Ego and stardust??

Which ever way you go, sourcing, mixing and filling is all part of the regime. Your only other option is to buy a shitload of prefilled carts from overseas (assuming you want nick?) and watch your bank balance diminish!!

Good luck in your quest!!!
    Mickg33 and WokinDog like this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

agree with the above's im 10 days in and in a fairly similar situation.

i can be tough for a week to get use to it, but now i can vape anywhere anytime. Love it when i go home just vape all night inside in the warm, trying different flavours.

My suggestions would be

- get stronger nic then you think you will need. Id try 18mg minimum up to 24mg if i was in your position but i think you'd be best to mix it yourself.
    - definitely get an eGo or two. Then start looking at a long(er) life battery mods, if u want to continue the habit you'll probably want one.

I watched all the videos from a popular reviewer GrimmGreen , quite entertaining you can find him on youtube.

Good luck and its worth switching! Too have almost identical habit but healthier and cheaper (unless your impulsive like me)
    Mods:Silverbullet - JIB Mini - VTube - Alpha Ultra - iTaste - Kick
    Vaping Since May 27th 2012

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Robray View Post
    Hi Mr_B

I might be missing something here? You mention you are looking for an easy hassle free method of vaping? Its NOT going to get any easier than Ego and stardust??

Which ever way you go, sourcing, mixing and filling is all part of the regime. Your only other option is to buy a shitload of prefilled carts from overseas (assuming you want nick?) and watch your bank balance diminish!!

Good luck in your quest!!!
    Robray, Mr_B is not the OP, he was just saying what he has done

Mr_B, what "mod" do you have that is 1000mah?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerman View Post
    I watched all the videos from a popular reviewer GrimmGreen , quite entertaining you can find him on youtube.
    pbusardo and grimmgreen are two of the main reasons I decided to try vaping in order to finally quit the durries. They made it look like fun, and it is ....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast