Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: frustrated noob, gear

AVF Regular

frustrated noob, gear

Hi All,

So im currently waiting on the postman to deliver my ultimate ego-c starter kit from vapebar. Don't get me wrong, i do love vaping. More so than smoking, but so far havent been able to kick the habit completely. Ive been chainvaping greensmoke cartridges for months, and smoking whilst the batteries are on charge ( i have 4 batteries yet none of them stay charged for long, and the pass through cable died in the ass ). I almost ordered another 16 boxes of cartridges tonight, but after viewing the forum again ( ive been hanging out here in secret for months ) ive finally decided i cant support my greensmoke vaping habit. I have got a joyetech 510, and an ivaporize VGO extreme kit, but neither of them get any use.

Ive been quite hesitant to not get the ego's in favour of the cigalikes due to social conformity pressures and office discreteness. But the frustration has definitely gotten the better of me. So im hoping this new Ego-C really works out. Considering I was going to purchase a buttload of GS cartridges, Im lamenting over what should replace the purchase. Im partial to the look of the tanks etc, ( if it means less refilling and I dont have to cart bottles of liquid to work ). My main complaint with the VGO extreme was that filling the tank cartridges was more frequent than changing the GS cartomizer - and I found the equipment to be a bit temperamental.

Im also currently quite quite hesitant about the DIY kits. Perhaps this is something id like to do in the future, but atm mixing fluids and nicotine ( with my extremely clumsy disposition ) seems like a recipe for disaster. TBH There just seems to be SO many options. ecigwizard, healthcabin etc. gear/mods etc. its a little overwhelming and im already a lil over paying for kits that I havent used much. SO atm im considering putting all my faith into my EGO-C ( when it arrives ) and purchasing whatever fluids, gear/mods etc to make it work. Im usually (or was ) a pack a day of mediums.

Sorry if this is too much of a whine/rant I really want it to work out..
    ozydevil likes this.

If you just want to swap out prefilled carts and not bother with mixing, I'd jump on the likes of HealthCabin and buy a bunch of prefilled Boge Cartomizers 5pc Boge 510D Prefilled Cartomizer in 16 Flavors [Boge 510 D] - $5.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

Slap them on your ego battery and swap them out when they empty.......honestly though prefilled is an expensive way to roll.

Cheers
    Daily Setup: Modded 3400mah FDV iStick, Orchid v4 RTA
    Daily Juice: Vaporeyes - Lazer Lombardi
    In the mail: Vapor Flask DNA40

Btw if you don't want to mix yourself you can buy premixed eliquid from overseas suppliers. Just select your flavor PG/VG mix and nic level and be done with it. Then just refill whatever cart/carto/tank you wish.

Cheers
    CCC likes this.
    Daily Setup: Modded 3400mah FDV iStick, Orchid v4 RTA
    Daily Juice: Vaporeyes - Lazer Lombardi
    In the mail: Vapor Flask DNA40

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsteradurm View Post
    I have got a joyetech 510, and an ivaporize VGO extreme kit, but neither of them get any use.
    Forgive me for saying, but the "iVaporize Extreme" kit appears to be an eGo kit anyway? What's the battery life on the ones that you have?

Regardless, if you have ordered an eGo C and are dead set against mixing your own nic juices, you can buy premixed juices with nic from Health Cabin for about $2.30 for 10ml in whatever nic strength you need (and that they can supply of course). My advice would be to get 10 or 15 of those, a few cheap tanks, some drip tips, a few atomizers (for dripping) and a few Stardusts or clearomizers to tide you over while you are experimenting with which flavours you like and which ones taste like balls.

Once you have found a few flavours that you could live with, order them from Health Cabin but in bigger bottles, as well as a few new flavours in 10ml, that way you get larger bottles of the ones you like and 10ml samplers of new ones you might possibly like and could order larger bottles of next time.

I was a 40 a day smoker of 4mg cigarettes and 11mg nic suits me just fine. No cravings at all and I haven't touched an analogue since the minute I started vaping. There are people on here that were WAY heavier smokers than I, and they have given up the coffin nails for good too, so if they can do it, you can.

Any more questions mate, post them up and if someone can help, they will. Don't get discouraged, keep at it and you'll be a non smoker in no time.

CCC
    Mixing is so super easy, if you just get some empty bottles, a pipette some nicotine liquid and some doublers, all you have to do is fill up half an empty bottle with doubler then the other half with the nicotine liquid and your done. (and i think you will get these as extras with your kit from vapebar). It takes less time and effort than going to the shop to buy smokes.

When you say "ultimate" ego-c kit do you mean the one with the Stardust clearomisers? If so you are set all you do is pour the liquid in directly from the bottle and you will be set for the day. And the 650mah battery will be easily hidden in your hand so no need to worry about people seeing it if you dont want them to.
    ElDubya likes this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks guys, I do have some eliquid already. And I don't think the ivaporize is exactly an ego-t as it doesn't seem to fit my 510 gear. And I wanted to use clearomizers or the big 6ml tanks so I wasn't having to refill at my work. Plus I was hoping the variable voltage would open up a few possibilities.

I have been swapping cartos as i said but yes it is expensive and thus my motivation for something different. I wasn't sure how well the SD that came with the ultimate kit would suit my needs and I wasn't sure what eliquid to get to use with my ego-c for my purposes. The ones that I have are from juicewhore which I didn't feel like I was getting enough kick out of on my 510. Drip tips sound a little counter productive for what I want to use the gear for. If I only had to refill my clearomizer once a day, that would be superb.

CCC
    Juicewhore only sell flavours/doublers, did you mix nicotine in with them? without nic you wont get a kick. I fill the SD once sometimes twice per day and im a chain vaper, im sure you will be happy with it. What mg were your prefilled cartos? I would recommend 18-24mg liquid.

In regards to juice, if you buys doublers its SUPER easy.

Buy bulk 36MG/nicotine
    Buy 10ml Doubler from Juicewhore/Vapeking
    Take 5ml out and put into another bottle
    Fill both bottles with 5ml of nicotine juice

Tada you have 20ml of 18mg/ML nicotine juice, all you would need is 2 5ml syringes

Alternativey i believe vapeking sell these FUSS FREE JUICE MIXERS

They come in a 10ml bottle with 5ml of liquid so all u have to do is add 5ml of nicotine!

Its really super easy
    margyb likes this.
    Mods:Silverbullet - JIB Mini - VTube - Alpha Ultra - iTaste - Kick
    Vaping Since May 27th 2012

AVF Regular
    Thanks tiger an that's actually very helpful. I think I'm a lil concerned ( rationally or not ) about screwing it up, spilling, absorbing through skin, overfilling etc. I had a nasty experience from some heavy nic flavored cartos where I was quite sick and ended up in a car accident. Lol.

Anything to make the process easier. I got some doubled flavored juice and tripled flavored juice from juicewhore yet the flavor still just didn't taste as strong through my 510 as the GS cartos on the rubbish kr808d2s. I just liked the warm full flavors and looking to get the same through my egoc ( when it arrives ).

its really really really easy with doublers. Ive been mixing some with only 12mg which involves 3/4 syringes and extra PG & VG.
    I just wear gloves when mixing the nic sometimes i forget and no problems.

They must've be crazy strong cartos. I ended up with 4 mls of 18mg all over my hands and only noticed a slightly higher heart rate (this was trying to refill a tank while driving though).

I think noticeable differences in flavour and warmth of flavour from different cartomizers single coil/dual coil. Different voltages how charged the battery is etc.
    I like to research things alot but its really hard with vaping, you will find your happy medium in time im still working on it.
    Mods:Silverbullet - JIB Mini - VTube - Alpha Ultra - iTaste - Kick
    Vaping Since May 27th 2012

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast