Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Carto Help for a Noob please

AVF Regular

Carto Help for a Noob please

Hoping someone can help me here fairly new to all this and having some issues with cartos in my tanks

i think i ruined 3 cartos yesterday (plus my taste buds those things donít taste very nice when they burn)
    i have a Smoktecch DCT tank with LR 1.5 Smoktech carto on an Ego twist vv battery
    i think i have done the right thing i.e. dropped 20 or so drops of juice into the carto then put it in the tank and let it sit for a while but when i go to use it OMG talk about a foul taste.
    This happened with 3 cartos yesterday and i am a bit concerned i am doing something wrong is there a way I should prepare the carto before using it and also are the 3 from yesterday now throw always?

I use this method to fill cartos

I just chuck carts that get the burnt taste. A few people claim that boiling them bring em back ok.

What voltage are you running? Might be worth looking at higher resistance carts if you have a VV battery..

AVF Regular
    Hey Rob,
    start with your voltage right down to give the carto a chance to burn in a bit then once you get some not so foul tasting vapour out of it start raising the voltage a bit at a time till you're happy.
    Would suggest for 1.5ohm's you won't need to go much past 3.7V.
    What sort of juice you using?
    cheers
    D1g
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

AVF Regular
    Dels ultimate pipe from JW

AVF Regular
    i have tried just about all settings on the battery but get the same result

AVF Regular
    cool so dodgy juice is pretty much out of the picture then
    Gather if it's a doubler or tripler you've mixed it with some PG/VG

AVF Regular
    Yes and added some nic it is about 70 PG 30 VG

AVF Regular
    yeah, if you started on a high voltage and have burned the filler it won't taste any better unless you can manage to clean it but as Chilli said, once it's burn't it usually stuffed.
    If you've got an unused punched carto I'd try maybe blowing it out first (blow into it from the battery end over some tissue to make sure there's no primer in it, shouldn't be)
    Fill the carto and let it sit and try it on the lowest volts before you put it in the tank. It shouldn't leak really from the tiny hole in the side of those carts so won't be too messy

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by D1git View Post
    yeah, if you started on a high voltage and have burned the filler it won't taste any better unless you can manage to clean it but as Chilli said, once it's burn't it usually stuffed.
    If you've got an unused punched carto I'd try maybe blowing it out first (blow into it from the battery end over some tissue to make sure there's no primer in it, shouldn't be)
    Fill the carto and let it sit and try it on the lowest volts before you put it in the tank. It shouldn't leak really from the tiny hole in the side of those carts so won't be too messy
    I am a bit confused with this LR and SR stuff so if itís LR it is meant for lower voltage???
    Is there a good guide somewhere to give a starting point for voltages v ohm?

AVF Regular
    no sweat bud
    LR (low resistance usually 1.3-1.8ohm) good for between 3-3.7V, 4V absolute max IMHO
    SR (Standard resistance usually 2.0 - 3.0ohm) good for between 3.7 -5V , 3.5's and up ,High Resistance will handle up to 6V
    Always start voltage low and gradually wind up till you find what you like and starting cartos at lower voltage for an hour or so helps them burn in without burning the filler.
    Will see if I can find a chart but it's all pretty subjective, unless you're trying to push 1.5ohms with 6V ;p
    Last edited by D1git; 17-06-12 at 02:00 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast