Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Noe
  • 1 Post By CCC

Thread: Adding menthol?

Adding menthol?

recently ordered some more juice from rawr and pink spot
    i notice alot of hype online about adding menthol when you order, on the rocks that sort of thing
    also alien visions sell a seperate menthol to add yourself
    i meant to get some to add myself when i ordered but ofcorse i forgot to do so
    my question is this, is menthol just menthol? is there a difference between vendors on the flavor or is it pretty much the same across the board?

if so can anyone recommend a decent menthol for the purpose of trying said flavors with the menthol added?

i noticed there might be a bit more to this flavor mixing lark when i mixed some cherry flavor with some cola, hoping to get, you guessed it cherry cola
    what i got tasted nothing like cherry cola, tasted like some moody foreign candy

i would prefer not to nause this lot up
    cheers

be lucky
    ...at 6 foot 6 and a hundred tons, the undisputed king of the slums...

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Mixing flavors can be tricky, getting just the right % of each flavor to get the desired result takes experimentation. Best to do small 5ml batches for this, until you get it right.
    Menthol from one brand, should be pretty close in flavor to menthol from another brand. It is only , as you found out, when you start combining totally different flavors, that you are going to have issues, normally.
    I actually prefer spearmint to menthol & I have found 2 different brands of spearmint to taste totally different, one sweeter, one more minty but they still combine well.

"if so can anyone recommend a decent menthol for the purpose of trying said flavors with the menthol added?"

I wouldn't recommend adding menthol to cola or cherry flavor, if you are after more throat hit, just increase the nic level a bit, so instead of vaping 18mg/ml try 20-24mg/ml.

cheers noe,
    sorry i wasnt clear , i dont mean for the cola or cherry, they were just down to the last dregs so i put them together
    the flavors i am on about are some of the new ones i have on order from rawr and pinkspot which recomend the menthol added
    i didnt want to order them with the menthol coz i wanted to try them as they were meant to be
    i guess what i am looking for is a menthol to mix with a little of these flavors, just to see if i should go the menthol next time i ordered
    hoping to find a local menthol for these purposes

be lucky

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    If you have a menthol you like at the moment, then try a little of that. You should try it in a small amount of juice first.

This is what I would do in your situation, if I had the menthol on hand already, I would use that, if not order any menthol that looks appealing & use that. The idea here is to see if you like combining the menthol at all right? So almost any menthol will do for that. Menthol can be quite overpowering, like all mints, so a little goes a long way.
    Make up 5ml or less of juice to test with & add 1 drop of menthol at a time, what i mean is add a drop & vape some of the juice by direct drip into an atty or a few drops into a carto that is barely wet enough to vape. If it is not strong enough add another drop or two of menthol to the juice & repeat. By now you should be able to taste both menthol & the flavor you mixed it with, if not repeat again. When you can taste both menthol & flavor, you will know if you like it or not.

I am not sure if you meant menthol crystals, which are a bit different to use but they should still have a similar menthol taste. Sure some brands will have a bit different taste to them but they will still be similar.
    London Fog likes this.

CCC
    JW should have a nice one, the Rasberry Freeze they also sell is nice and is probably something you are hoping to achieve. Its gonna take some trial and error. I am far to lazy to try this out on my own, i do buy premixed minty flavours to add into my rotation of juices but i dont think i would want all of my flavours to have menthol in them. The Rip Tide from Pinkspot is nice and has a mint or menthol in it, i would rather leave it to the experts. If you add menthol to a juice from pinkspot it may not taste like the version they do "on the rocks" if you know what i mean.
    London Fog likes this.

thankyou for the replies i shall just order some and see how i go

be lucky

irony being what it is,
    i recived a free sample ofcauldron e juice wicked mint flavor doubler from those rather decent chaps over at vape bar with an order they sent me last week
    added a few drops to some pink spot, seems rather nice
    its given me an idea on what all this on the rocks, mentholate it! malarkey is all about at least

thanks again guys

be lucky