Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Slotting your own cartos

AVF Regular

Slotting your own cartos

This has probably been ask before but I could not find it.
    Does anyone have a good how to on slotting your own cartos?
    I have been round youtube and some good videos there but have not found any that give me an idea of how deep to cut the slot or how long.

I am having issues getting the current cartos I have to work properly in the tank so want to try some slotted boges bought the dremell got the cartos just not sure how to slot them

i know it will sound kind of stupid, but u really just slot it till u can see the white filling, because its round you don't have to worry about depth.

Just make a nice 1cm or so slot and try to make sure u do it cleanly so u dont get sharp bits that could damage the orings.

oh and dont hold it too long u start to burn the white filler.
    Mods:Silverbullet - JIB Mini - VTube - Alpha Ultra - iTaste - Kick
    Vaping Since May 27th 2012

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    I dont slot mine I just increase the size of the hole by punching, to about 2-3mm dia.
    I definitely would not cut too deep into them & disturb the fill, try to just cut the metal if you can.
    Wait a while & I'm sure kritikal or someone else that has experience slotting can tell you.

AVF Regular
    block of wood 35mm deep, put a hole through it with a 10mm bit.

10mm from on end, put another hole hole through it with a 2-3mm bit. fint a screw or nail that's long enough, make holes in cartos.

don't worry about slotting. just another sharp edge to **** your O rings with.

U can buy triple punched cartos now they work well
    Also Vaping mad here in brissy southside does the own punched ones i have used hers and are good

I too had no luck with single punched smoktech ones but the triple work fine and are single coil
    Hope you have more luck that me with the slotting it was hit and miss for me and messed with the tank seal
    CHEERS
    Last edited by stevepowley; 28-06-12 at 12:25 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stevepowley View Post
    U can buy triple punched cartos now they work well
    Also Vaping mad here in brissy southside does the own punched ones i have used hers and are good

I too had no luck with single punched smoktech ones but the triple work fine and are single coil
    Hope you have more luck that me with the slotting it was hit and miss for me and messed with the tank seal
    CHEERS
    Does anyone know if the tripples are available in australia yet cant say i have seen them with any local vendors

Juice Whore has them heres a copy n paste

These stainless Single Coil Flanged cartomisers come in both 1.7ohm (low resistance) and 3.0ohm (standard resistance).
    They have 3 holes punched instead of the standard single hole and are good for thicker juices with VG and also allow more juice to flow into the cartomiser.
    XL size so they will fit the 3.5ml and 6ml Smoktech Tanks we sell here.

Ecig mod shop has the duel coils as well

I use the xl size in the short 4.5ml tank hangs out the top but makes it easy to screw in and out
    CHEERS
    Last edited by stevepowley; 28-06-12 at 01:02 PM. Reason: vender added

AVF Regular
    ecigmodshop also sells triple punched cartos.

EcigModShop Australia - SmokTech XL Triple-Punched Dual-Coil 2.5 ohm TANK Cartomizer

EcigModShop Australia - SmokTech XL Triple-Punched Dual-Coil 1.5 ohm TANK Cartomizer

I find that slotting cartos is the way to go though, they perform far better than a punched hole. I usually double slot my cartos and I never get flooding.

IMG_0658.jpg

Here's one that's the perfect size for me, I normally do two about this size on each carto.

IMG_0499.jpg

This big slot works perfectly fine for me although it is a bit on the larger size. I've triple slotted cartos with slots this size and haven't had any flooding.

When cutting, I put the carto on my device first to see where it sits, I like to have the slots to the side of my device when I hold it. I don't want them on the top when I hold it because I hold it on an angle, as everyone does, and this means as the tank level lowers, the top slot isn't any more exposed to the juice. So I put two dots on either side of the carto where I want the slots based. I then have a pre-cut carto condom (the silicon pieces on new cartos) that's cut to just lower than where I want my slots in my tank. I then mark how high I want my slots using a horizontal line. The condom is cut a little lower because when you mark the carto, the line sits just above the condom. I then have at it.

I usually then just hold the dremel at the point where I want it until I can just see the filler, basically a large pin sized hole. Once I get to this stage I then start moving the Dremel along the marked line until I get to the length I want. I usually end up with only a small amount of filler exposed with a very thin layer of metal covering it. I then use a straightened paper clip to pick out the bits of metal. I wouldn't worry too much about damaging the filler but usually if you've damaged the filler you've gone to far and cut the centre tube which will cause flooding.

Hope that helps.
    robertch likes this.

(*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kritikal View Post
    ecigmodshop also sells triple punched cartos.

EcigModShop Australia - SmokTech XL Triple-Punched Dual-Coil 2.5 ohm TANK Cartomizer

EcigModShop Australia - SmokTech XL Triple-Punched Dual-Coil 1.5 ohm TANK Cartomizer

I find that slotting cartos is the way to go though, they perform far better than a punched hole. I usually double slot my cartos and I never get flooding.

IMG_0658.jpg

Here's one that's the perfect size for me, I normally do two about this size on each carto.

IMG_0499.jpg

This big slot works perfectly fine for me although it is a bit on the larger size. I've triple slotted cartos with slots this size and haven't had any flooding.

When cutting, I put the carto on my device first to see where it sits, I like to have the slots to the side of my device when I hold it. I don't want them on the top when I hold it because I hold it on an angle, as everyone does, and this means as the tank level lowers, the top slot isn't any more exposed to the juice. So I put two dots on either side of the carto where I want the slots based. I then have a pre-cut carto condom (the silicon pieces on new cartos) that's cut to just lower than where I want my slots in my tank. I then mark how high I want my slots using a horizontal line. The condom is cut a little lower because when you mark the carto, the line sits just above the condom. I then have at it.

I usually then just hold the dremel at the point where I want it until I can just see the filler, basically a large pin sized hole. Once I get to this stage I then start moving the Dremel along the marked line until I get to the length I want. I usually end up with only a small amount of filler exposed with a very thin layer of metal covering it. I then use a straightened paper clip to pick out the bits of metal. I wouldn't worry too much about damaging the filler but usually if you've damaged the filler you've gone to far and cut the centre tube which will cause flooding.

Hope that helps.
    Wow this is great thanks kritikal this si great

AVF Regular
    No probs, most welcome!

(*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast