Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: No clue where to start

No clue where to start

Hi all

After some much needed info on where to begin with the whole vaping process.
    Have been over the forum and getting myself totally confused the more I read....lol

I'm looking for recommendations on what kit to purchase, I smoke 4mg at the moment about 50 per day I've watched vids on youtube and the ones I've seen seem to produce a lot more vapor than what a regular smoke does, just wondering if you can adjust the level of vapor on some units. Are there units around that you don't have to suck the life out of to get the hit ?? On the vids I looked at, everyone seems to be sucking their cheeks when they inhale !!!

I had a look online at the blucig ( think thats what they were called) don't want anything overly big but doesn't bother me if its not ciggie size, basically want something good off the bat so that I have a good chance of cutting down the cigs or giving up.

Thanks in advance for any info

Regards
    Desperate to kick the habit !!!!

good questions.
    you will not be happy with the assortment of replys you get though. you will get provaris, stardusts, boge tanks blah blah ..
    As a vaper for 2 years, the best performing and easiest setup around that is also cheapish .. is the ego C.

So an ego C starter kit .. avoid the twist batterys at this stage, they add versatility later, but they are larger, less battery time and are simply not needed for an ego C.

My current recomendation would be 2 or 3 ego 900mAh batterys, an ego C (B) atty tube, pack of 5 ego C attys (type B) .. a few ego B tanks and a couple of ego chargers.
    2 chargers .. one for work one for home, if one blows up .. you have a spare.

that can be bought locally or OS, you will need some nic juice which is OS only .. legally.

plenty of threads on here with what to start with.
    valleyjohn and Rylee74 like this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    Kettering south tassie / northern Antarctica
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    good questions.
    you will not be happy with the assortment of replys you get though. you will get provaris, stardusts, boge tanks blah blah ..
    As a vaper for 2 years, the best performing and easiest setup around that is also cheapish .. is the ego C.

So an ego C starter kit .. avoid the twist batterys at this stage, they add versatility later, but they are larger, less battery time and are simply not needed for an ego C.

My current recomendation would be 2 or 3 ego 900mAh batterys, an ego C (B) atty tube, pack of 5 ego C attys (type B) .. a few ego B tanks and a couple of ego chargers.

that can be bought locally or OS, you will need some nic juice which is OS only .. legally.

+1 ego seems to be best for newbs
    funny gifs

the Vibrating Hills (still shakin) of South Gippsland
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post

The only thing I would change is throw in a few stardusts. just to easy to fill and clean

E-Go T/C batteries are the family car of the vaping world, cheap, reliable,and just keep doin the job
    Have fun with whatever you go with. Its all worth the learning curve
    Mushman likes this.

Warning!!! you are now entering a politically Incorrect zone ..............Welcome to Freedom of Speech and Self Determination

AVF Regular
    You will get alot of replies as stoney said, but really just jump in and get started as it will save you money not cost you money, even if you get a completely different starter pack in a fortnight.

Go with stoneys recommendation, perhaps get a 650 mah battery if you want something smaller as well. Buy it all from one place like healthcabin.net who are a good quality supplier and you can get premixed nic juice from them at the same time. I would get some 12mg and 18mg nic premixed juices in 80/20 pg/vg mix in the flavours that you think you may like, based on your smoking history. You will vape around 3 ml a day as a guide.

Heres te starter pack link [Joyetech] 650mAh Joye eGo C(Changeable System) Starter Kit they are the 650 mah batterries as thats what I prefer but above them in the list are the 1000 mahs kits as well.

heres a link to the premixed nic juice Dekang E-juice/E-liquid for Ecigarette buy some small 10ml bottles to try different flavours and then some bigger 30ml bottles in flavours you think you might like -

purchase in usa prices as if you swap to aud on their site you loose in the conversion and keep an eye out on the discount codes based on how much you spend as it will save you some $'s to

if you want grab a few of the 1.8ohm vision clearomisers (stardusts) that others have suggested as they are less than $5 each http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php...oducts_id=8077

I have moved on to much more expensive mods along time ago, but recently have tried both the stardusts an eco c's and they are both very good and simple to use. If you buy enough juice to last 2 months and the stuff above it will still only cost you a little over what you spend in a week on smokes at 50 a day, what do you have to loose?
    Last edited by Mickg33; 02-07-12 at 01:25 PM.
    Noe likes this.

CCC
    Hi Allynne, welcome to the forum

First of all you will have to order nicotine liquid. As this is only available form overseas you should order that today. Then you are going to need an e-cig, this can be purchased here in Australia or overseas. It may be worthwhile getting your liquid and your e-cig from the same place so you can save on postage.

The reason the people on youtube look like that while vaping is because you do have to adjust the way you "drag" long and slow does the trick, and that is just something you will get used to. Its not smoking a burning tube of tobacco, its inhaling a vapour that is heated liquid, slightly different.

When it comes to the amount of vapour you are exhaling, this can be adjusted when you buy your liquid. There are 2 main ingredients in there PG and VG. The more VG you have in your liquid the more vapour you will blow out. So if you want lots of vapour get liquid with a high % of VG. If you dont want lots of vapour get a higher % of PG in your liquid. It is best to have both PG and VG in your liquid though, i would avoid 100%PG or 100%VG at this stage.

There is a good website at healthcabin.net that has everything you will want to start off with. I would also recommend the eGo batteries + eGo transparent clearomisers (also known as CE4+ or Stardust)
    Noe and margyb like this.

All the above, but

I personally would only buy the Twist in the ego series from now, but to each their own.

RC
    Mushman likes this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Also pick up some Boge LR cartomizers, you may find stardusts aren't as good for you.
    As everyone else has said, eGo batteries will be what you want to start with, since you smoke 50 per day , you will want a battery with more mah like a 900 mah or 1100mah, the more mah though the longer the battery.
    HeaLthCabin is a good place to start, since they have everything you will need including nic juice.
    I don't think you will want 18mg strength juice though, since you smoke very light cigs, so 12mg or maybe 6mg juice is what you will want, get it in 80% PG 20% VG, since you also say you don't like the fog created so much.
    Mushman likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Super Moderator
    I was on 40+ 4mg cigs a day and my nic sweet spot is 11-12mg, so maybe get a 11mg and an 18mg juice in a couple different flavours.

AVF Regular
    Everyone seems to have covered the hardware so I won't go in to that. All I will say is that because everyone is different and there are so many products on the market, you will be suggested so many different things.

As for strength though, I think about a 12mg juice would be good for you. this is 12mg of nicotine per mL of juice. About 1/3 of this is absorbed into your system. Cigarette mg strength isn't related to nicotine but to the amount of tar that is formed in the combustion process of burning tobacco. A cigarette typically contains 1-2mg of nicotine and I would say you would be getting about 0.8mg of nicotine from your 4mg cigarettes, purely because of the holes in the cigarette airing out the smoke + other factors.

You may end up vaping a lot of juice because you smoked so many cigarettes, maybe about 6-8mL but that's nothing to worry about, everyone has their preferences and habits and you will find yours very quickly.
    I myself vape about 3mL of 30mg juice. I smoked about 20 champion ruby rollies a day and for me the strength is right. Some days I may vape 2mL other days I may vape 4mL, much the same as with cigarettes.

As Eldubya suggested, buy yourself a few different strength around that mark. I would try strengths of about 8, 12, and 18mg. Then once you find your strength, you can start experimenting with finding the right flavour for you. Start off with a basic flavour that you know you will like, for instance blackcurrant or something. Maybe buy 3-4 6mL bottle of each strength and varying flavours and your bound to find something that's satisfying for the time being while you order other flavours.

(*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast