Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Issues with leaking... am I doing it wrong?

Issues with leaking... am I doing it wrong?

So my eGo C kit arrived on Monday and I haven't really had any major issues until today. Twice today it has been leaking from where you attach the battery to the atomiser/cone.

I have changed the carto (just using the clear one's that came with the kit) and changed the atomiser as well - cleaned it all up and it leaked again. The juice is all through everything... the cone, the ato and down in where the battery connects.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers
    The user formally known as NewbsRUs

That type of set up (ego C/T ) have always had that problem, they now selling separately "leak prevention caps to help with this issue.

I have never had major issues with leaking with ego T or C.
    There are some things they do not like, hot cars and pocket warmth. That may get a weeping from it, knocking it around, large excursions of movement may also get leaking.
    Thin juice can be problematic but only when heated or knocked.
    a bit of VG slows down these issues but the VG will thin right out when heated so its still liable to weep.
    In general if you are using the thing, it will suck up excess .. may get into the airway though, i sometimes need to remove the tank, get a mouthfull of water and blow it into the mouthpiece to flush it out, I think most moisture is condensation but it still condenses vapour and tastes rank if it gets in the gob.
    If you are going to put it in pocket, put it tank side down, it can't leak then.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

20120706_155023.jpg20120706_155034.jpg

A couple of pics to show what I mean. I had cleaned it up, put new everything in then put it on the shelf behind me at work. Turned around half hour later and found this... and I have no idea why...

(edit: I uploaded these pics on my phone - no idea why they ended up sideways but just so you know I had it standing up on a shelf, maybe I should of been lying it down?)
    Last edited by MizzD; 06-07-12 at 05:43 PM.

Even with the leak prevention caps (silicone seals), I couldn't get mine to stop leaking. I ended up putting it down to me being relentlessly clumsy more than anything else. I have since moved on to eGo CC | Changeable Coil Clearomizer | Clearomiser More juice on the go, so I'm not filling so often, less/no leaking, and no getting the liquid in my mouth. Much happier.

Been using these for about 3/4 weeks now, only had 1 or 2 leaks. Each one has been 100% my fault and not the equipment.
    Last edited by benla; 06-07-12 at 05:36 PM.

try leaving it on its side, if it does leak its not going to kill the battery then, alternatively .. stick it in a pen holder so its upside down.

mine have never leaked like that though .. there are 2 atty sizes, the A and the B for each part, atty, tube and tank .. is it the correct atty ?
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Super Moderator
    I never used the tanks that came with mine, so can't really comment, but that does seem like an extraordinary amount of leaking to be a classed as a "common problem" ..... Is the tank pushed down tight to make the seal with the atomiser? Just for shits and giggles, the end cap is still on the tank when you put it into the cone and onto the atomiser?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    there are 2 atty sizes, the A and the B for each part, atty, tube and tank .. is it the correct atty ?
    I would hope they are the right sizes as I got it as a kit.... that said Im not sure how to tell?

Quote Originally Posted by ElDubya View Post
    I never used the tanks that came with mine, so can't really comment, but that does seem like an extraordinary amount of leaking to be a classed as a "common problem" ..... Is the tank pushed down tight to make the seal with the atomiser? Just for shits and giggles, the end cap is still on the tank when you put it into the cone and onto the atomiser?
    Ok.. first up let me just say that no I am not blonde hahaha... but... there is a little plasticy rubbery cap thingo (with no hole) that is on the tank that I remove when I fill it... I dont put it back on, am I supposed to??

AVF Regular
    Sorry = dinner time.
    The answer to your last question is yes.
    There is nothing stopping your juice from leaking everywhere.

Better answers will follow quick smart.............

lol, like no .. i assume you are talking about the condom cover .. flea is talking about the tank base .. only an idjit would leave that off hey flea

the base of the tank has the hole that gets pushed in when you first fit it, that base comes off to fill if you want, fingenail along the edge..

I am not sure how to tell the attys apart, maybe its marked on them, i dont have any type A ones so I am not sure what to look for exactly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast