Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: New Vaper with a Couple of questions

New Vaper with a Couple of questions

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself and just have a couple of questions i was hoping you good people could shed a bit of light on.

I have been smoking on and off (mainly on) for 16 years. The biggest break I had was around 3 years with very little smoking, but was on nicorette gum the whole time which eventually made my stomach so messed up and my teeth were starting to crumble. So I started smoking again to get off the gum and had pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I was going to have to keep smoking for the forseeable future. I smoke(d) 25-35 4mg cigs per day.

So recently i caught up with a friend using an ecig and was desperate to try it. I got an ego t starter kit yesterday and my friend was kind enough to give me some flavours she wasnt too keen on in tobacco and vanilla 18mg. I find the tobacco good with coffee and beer and the vanilla for other times, although the tobacco doesnt taste like cigs, more like what pipe tobacco smells like i think. i have also placed an order with health cabin for some weird and wonderful flavours so Im keen to see what they will be like and hope they get here soon.

So i have been sucking away for 2 days and haven't had a single cig so very happy so far.

What I am wondering is what other peoples vaping habits are like? Do you tend to have it handy and just puff away consistently throughout the day? Or more like smoking where you suck on it for 5 minutes and then put it aside. I have found that i have missed the ritual of going outside for a smoke (madness as it is FREEZING here at the moment) but i have also found that i do like having it with me and just puffing away.

I am also wondering what sort of quantity people are going through. I am trying to keep it to one cartridgr a day, although i have gone a little bit over that these first couple of days. I am a bit concerned about getting too much nicotine and getting sick, and any other side effects that I might experience. I havent been able to find too many negatives on the forum so I am not sure if there are any serious or dangerous consequences that can occur and if anyone knows of people this has happened to.

Any feedback would be seriously appreciated, and thanks for all your posts I have spent days reading them like mad.

pretty much an ecig at hand all day every day.
    I put it down for probably 10 minutes tops.
    no real reason to pace yourself, if you overdo nic you will generally start feeling a bit 'off' in 10 or 15 minutes, if you back off then for an hour, usually comes good ..worst case scenario is probably a nic headache, nurofen fixes them, i guess its from blood pressure ?

there is so much more nic in smokes than ecigs that its pretty hard to ocerdo it as a recent ex smoker, becomes easier as your body gets used to the lower nic levels.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

CCC
    I go through about 2ml a day and i just randomly puff on it. Depends what im doing. Sitting at the computer i will chain vape but when i go out shopping or whatever i dont even take it with me.

I'm new to this as well, been vaping for a week now. I am pretty much chain vaping when at home ( I love that I can do this inside) but at work (I am in a office) I just go outside as I used to - vape for 5 to 10 mins ( or as long as anyone I'm with takes to have their ciggie ).

I'm going through about 3ml of 12mg a day.

Congrats and welcome to the friendliest forum

Edit: For the first few mornings I kept my old routine - made a coffee and went outside to vape. Think it was morning 3 at 5.30am and minus 6 degrees that I thought wtf am I doing outside lol.
    Last edited by MizzD; 09-07-12 at 10:43 PM.
    gtadmin likes this.
    The user formally known as NewbsRUs

i usually take a few puffs here and there when i am out and about, in the car i tend to vape alot,but then smoking and driving was allways good for me
    at home i vape more like i smoked analog more puffs but longer spaces between sessions

like everyone else i guess i reach for it if someone or something pisses me off, probobly explaines the driving thing, total bellends on the road around here
    i have pretty much forgotten about smoking these days one of the things i love about vaping is you can have a go then put it in your pocket,dosent take up time like having to smoke a whole cig or put it out etc
    the only thing i dont like about vaping is how long it took me to switch
    ...at 6 foot 6 and a hundred tons, the undisputed king of the slums...

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Pretty much chain vape all day unless doing something requiring both hands, like typing or cooking.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Kettering south tassie / northern Antarctica
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Pretty much chain vape all day unless doing something requiring both hands, like typing or cooking.
    or rubbing one out
    funny gifs

Quote Originally Posted by DAWZZY View Post
    or rubbing one out
    Two hands Dawzzy, Impressive!!!

AVF Regular
    Kettering south tassie / northern Antarctica
    Quote Originally Posted by VaPerth View Post
    Two hands Dawzzy, Impressive!!!
    well it takes one to hold the picture of juddy

ps check out the vid on this page to see the pic
    http://forums.aussievapers.com/gener...ng-vids-6.html
    Last edited by DAWZZY; 10-07-12 at 12:01 AM.
    Noe likes this.
    funny gifs

All day here and if not in my hand a few on the closest table or desk and a few in my pocket and under the pillow and the cup holder in the car and in the man bag and my drawer at work and a few other places, not to mention those that have gone missing and are hiding in the bushes or now living in other peoples houses.

It is nice to be able to have a life that is one big continuous smoko.

RC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast