Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: New to Vaping... and loving it.. but have a few questions

New to Vaping... and loving it.. but have a few questions

Hi guys,, bit of an intro,

I've been smoking on and off now for 13 years, tried to kick it a couple of times but usually fall off the wagon whilst drinking or under stressfull situations (lost my job my last attempt, started smoking after 3 months of giving up, this was just over 2 years ago now). I'd heard about 'e-cigs' on the net and at local markets but never had the chance to try it myself.

My next door neighbor was given a V2cig starter kit a few weeks ago, and he let me have a go.. and the rest as they say is history..

I placed an order, after days of research on this and other forums, with healthcabin, and my order came in last wednesday.

I can't seem to put it down, I love it, and without even trying I'm down from roughly 25 'analouges' a day to around 5. when I do give in and have one I find myself thinking It tastes funny,,, burnt.. not as good as my E-cig.

When I placed my first order I ended up getting a 510 starter kit, 5 empty boge cartos, 2 auto batteries (a small and a large), a charger and a carry case. The juice i went for as a 'trial' was the HC 24mg Chocolate (PG base), in a 30ml bottel. All up abut $50 including postage. Enough for me to try it to see how I liked it on a more permanent basis.

Since then I have ordered another 510 starter kit (for the wife so i dont have to share as she loves it too) and some more juice in various flavours, this time all DK, about 5 different ones in the 10mls.

I have also ordered from ecig-sa.com more empty cartos and a vision ego clearomizer V2.

What I'm wondering is will the clearomizer attach and work ok on my stock 95mm 510 battery, or should i get an ego twist battery, or something else.

Once we decide on a nicer, everyday vape I'm gonna order a 115ml unflavored 24mg (maybe 36mg, think i want to aim for 18mg after mixing), some pg and vg, and then start trying some aussie 0 nic juices to mix with it.

Will the DK juices vape better than the HC ones??

Does this all sound reasonable? Am I on the right track? am I missing anything?

You guys all seem so helpful, any guidance would be appreciated..

Thanks,

Tim aka Kremit

though you can put ego attys on a 510 if you want, the stardust i have screws onto the larger thread on an ego so I think you will need an ego battery.
    twist is a great choice, make sure you buy the ego charger as well though or it will take 5 or 6 hours to charge on a 510 charger which looks the same but is only a 1/3 the output current.

dk juices are great for vapour, keep attys very clean, seem to be low irritant .. but mosly are very mild on flavor. fine by me .. i buy lollies with the cash saved
    HC ones vary a lot more batch to batch and I have had truly horrid ones and good as well..
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    get a couplef twists and a charger and you wont look back.
    Think you'll need them for the clearo. Even if theclearo fits the 510 it'll drain and quite possibly shorten the life of the battery
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Hi kremit

First off well done to have found ecigs.

Ok pleasantries over with so get down to the reason you posted. Yes the clearomisors will screw onto your 510 batteries, but they will be top heavy and the battery life will not be the best. In the short term, ok, but you will be looking at upgrading the batteries very soon. eGo of any size or type will fit the bill. As you are no doubt aware, they come in various sizes, and as long as you don't feel self conscious, get the largest mAh you can find, and the twist, you cant go wrong with. The twist will increase your options of what you can screw on the business end.

There is lots of advice coming your way so be prepared for information overload. My advice keep it simple while you find your feet, and then jump in feet first when your confidence level is higher.

Happy Vaping

Plus what Stoney said about the charger!!!!
    Last edited by Robray; 16-07-12 at 08:16 PM.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

so the twist batteries are compatible with my boge lr cartos??

are they much bigger than the standard 510 batteries??

AVF Regular
    Have a look at this for some idea of battery size
    Attached Images Attached Images
    margyb likes this.

Well done on giving up the smokes. You have gone down the right path already and the suggestions about Twists and charger will take you to another level. When you are mixing your juice you might want to experiment with using flavour concentrates as stocked by ecig-sa.com as well as or instead of doublers from local stockists. Then you can mix your own blends up and open up another interesting avenue. With concentrates a little goes a long way and 5% to 20% does the trick dependent upon which brand of flavour and your own personal taste. The good thing is that it provides a route to very cost effective juices. If you need PG and/or VG to dilute your stock base nicotine down to the correct strength Vapeking has well priced stocks. Google around and look on this site for recipes and how to advice.

[QUOTE=Robray;85417]
    Ok pleasantries over with so get down to the reason you posted. Yes the clearomisors will screw onto your 510 batteries, [QUOTE]

aren't they the same as stardusts ?
    cause .. they will not screw on, there is no thread in the middle.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    [QUOTE=Stoney;85428][QUOTE=Robray;85417]
    Ok pleasantries over with so get down to the reason you posted. Yes the clearomisors will screw onto your 510 batteries,

aren't they the same as stardusts ?
    cause .. they will not screw on, there is no thread in the middle.

If I can find my 510 batteries, I will check!! Sure they do?

AVF Regular
    Don't think so Robray

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast