Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Issues with vaping and some questions

AVF Regular

Issues with vaping and some questions

Okay, so I started vaping with greensmoke, the red label cartomisers are the best, taste amazing, the flavour is rich and sweet on the inhale and exhale and the vapour is warm. Better than smoking real cigarettes. Heaven in a stick.

Then I found aussie vapers forum and learned a lot about mods and juices in a short time. I bought a starter kit from vaprbar. eGo C with 5 stardusts. Came with 30mls of virginia 0mg juice. Vaped it while waiting for overseas juice and wasn't too impressed, but wasn't awful. Lacking in flavour in a big way, like vaping lollywater.

So yesterday and today some juices came. Gotvapes lasso, 50 state salute and cafe de creme, then today gorilla juice and bobas bounty.

They are way better than the 0mg virginia but nowhere near as tasty as the greensmokes.

Focusing on the gorilla juice and bobas, which I was really hanging out for, the flavour is very good straight out the box, on the exhale. Lots of ripe banana fore the gorilla juice, lots of flavour for the bobas. Inhaling I'm not really tasting anything much. Getting a great throat hit and loads of vapour so it ticks those boxes, but it's not quite as good as I thought it would be.

The greensmokes I'm sad to say, are better. Warm, sweet smoky tasting on the intake and delicious smokey flavour on the exhale. This isn't meant to be an advert for greensmoke by the way. I was expecting that once I started proper vaping, it would be ten times better than greensmokes overpriced stuff. I'm looking for answers and suggestions.

Is it the stardusts? Would using cartos make the vapour warmer? My feeling is that it should.

Now I know that steeping is recommended for most juices and that is the plan so I'm expecting it to get better and better.
    But apart from getting some cartos and steeping for a month, if that will help, what else can I try?

I seem to be missing the sweetness that is in the greensmoke cigarettes, so how can I increase this? Artificial sweeteners added to juice?

Anyone have any recommendations for sweeter, flavour packed tobacco type juices? Or any other suggestions? Don't want to have to continue wasting money on greensmoke if it can be helped.

Also, i keep seeing people talking about getting a kick. What is a kick? Normally kicks are to be avoided.

And lines, what are they?

I have only tried like a dozen.. but if your after a 'sweet tobacco' juice.. Vapeking VK5 and Supreme rocked my socks off.. You have to buy em as doublers and mix with your own nic base.. but well worth it. I only use cartos. Boge LR and 2.8 808d stocks (Volt ones).. im happy.. but each to thier own.. I feel being new.. It will take awhile to find the 'ultimate niche' .. but im happy with my travels so far.. Best thing i did was get a variety of juices, flavours, strengths and PG/VG varients. This helped heaps with me being able to track what i think will be ideal. For me 80/20 PG/VG in 18mg hits the spot well.
    Last edited by Rylee74; 17-07-12 at 09:07 PM.
    Noe likes this.
    "It's a Grower....Not a 'Shower'!!!" - Bender B. Rodriguez

kicks .. a small chunk of electronics with a boost supply on board .. turns an 18650 battery unregulated mod into a boosted adjustable power mod.
    Edit . except it now uses 18500 batterys, 15mm shorter.

A line .. genesis style atomiser with a 510 thread

and before you ask ., genesis style atty .. a rebuildable atty that uses stainless steel mesh as a wick.
    Rylee74 likes this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    Thanks Rylee, I do have about 20 different juices coming from a variety of sources, so some should be good. I know the bobas and gorilla is good I can taste it on the exhale, I want to make it better though. Different equipment maybe an eGo twist might help?

Is the vapour from the boges warm?

Stoney, cheers for the explain, I will have to do more research I think! So many choices and so much information out there.
    Last edited by AdamT; 17-07-12 at 09:29 PM.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    I have never tried greensmokes but I will not buy anything from that overpriced company.
    Sure you may like that juice but eventually you will stumble upon something that is just as good, if not better & cheaper. There is always the other option of mixing your own flavors & for me that has been the best juice I have vaped, my own.

When you mix your own juice with concentrated flavors, you are making it specifically to your own taste & can adjust it accordingly. I find that many doublers do not have enough flavor for my liking, i like strong flavor & will tend to add more concentrate than most do, I think. So for me, when I get a doubler or trippler, I test it first, then I end up adding more flavors to it to get enough taste to my liking. Sure this changes the flavor of the original doubler or trippler but it makes it more satisfying to my taste buds.

I found Bobas bounty was pretty strong on flavor though but the sample I got was 12mg & I vape @ 18mg so it needed more nic. I added more nic in PG base(bobas is 100% VG I believe) so that helped keep the flavor strong, since PG carries flavor better. Then I experimented a bit with vanilla & Almond concentrates & it was pretty good. Vanilla for me seems to smooth out a vape & add a little sweetness. This may be something you could try.

Artificial sweeteners are usable, do a search there are threads on here about them. Most do not like them in their vape though, I have never used them & just use sweet concentrates like caramel or waffle or fruit flavors instead.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Hi there mate. It seems we both have followed similar paths in our quest to quit smoking. Congrats first of all for taking the plunge into the crazy world of vaping. I was originally vaping V2 Cigs, again it was stupidly priced stuff but their quality of flavors was quite good. I also grabbed a starter kit from Vapebar, cheers MJ. I got the EGo-C kit too but with the stupid tank and atty setup, I won't reccomend this tank setup for anyone period. So by this stage I was missing the warm full flavored vape from my rip($$$) off V2 stick kit which obviously used carto's. Not to be disheartened I thought I'd try the famous Vision Stardusts. Great piece of gear but had many flaws also. For one I instantly noticed the vape was quite cool in comparison to a carto, and thinner juices flooded the bloody things. Flavours was goodish and throat hit was there but something missing. After piss farting around contemplating where to waste my money next I settled on a 3.5ml DCT( dual coil tank)kit from healthcabin.com. Man again I was back in vaping heaven!! Crazy vapor, awesome flavor and a really warm vape and wicked cheap too. Oh yea they don't leak a single spec of juice. Also they look really nice on the ego batts.

At this stage I'll pass on some things I learned about using DCT with an ego batt. If you order them form healthcabin only order the blank tank replacements without carto's. Also get the adapter thingies that make the tank look flush with the batt.I'd put a link but not sure how sorry. Then order some smoktech single coil triple punched flanged carto's in a low resistance from juicewhore.com.au. It's a totally awesome match up and I couldnt be happier. Dual Coil cartos seemed to be way to hard on ego batts but the single coil absolutly shines and saves batt life. You can find those tanks here in Australia or at least different versions of. It's just that's where I originally found them. You'll love em trust me.

People are also ravng about the VK comet XL clearomizers from Vapeking.com.au. Apparently they vape really well and are probaly a warmer vape than a stardust. Hopefully you stick to your guns and don't get disheartened there's some really good stuff out there to try, just jump I'm and try everything untill your happy. Sometimes it's the only way lol

As for juices, I love juicewhores "Dels Ultimate Pipe" and "Maple Rum Tobacco". Also smokeless image and their "555" I'm still trying to find that perfect tobacco but they are a good place to start. Remember though everyone has different tastes so don't shoot me if YOU hate em.

What kind of stardusts do you have? My V3 low resistance ones that arrived yesterday vape a lot warmer than my V2 standard resistance (this is on a egoC).

I thought at first that something was wrong with them cause they were so warm, but Im kind of diggin' it now
    The user formally known as NewbsRUs

Noe
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Vapor from a LR boge on an ego is warm
    from a SR boge it is less warm.
    ElDubya likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Noe
    Quote Originally Posted by JuzRyder View Post
    Hi there mate. It seems we both have followed similar paths in our quest to quit smoking. Congrats first of all for taking the plunge into the crazy world of vaping. I was originally vaping V2 Cigs, again it was stupidly priced stuff but their quality of flavors was quite good. I also grabbed a starter kit from Vapebar, cheers MJ. I got the EGo-C kit too but with the stupid tank and atty setup, I won't reccomend this tank setup for anyone period. So by this stage I was missing the warm full flavored vape from my rip($$$) off V2 stick kit which obviously used carto's. Not to be disheartened I thought I'd try the famous Vision Stardusts. Great piece of gear but had many flaws also. For one I instantly noticed the vape was quite cool in comparison to a carto, and thinner juices flooded the bloody things. Flavours was goodish and throat hit was there but something missing. After piss farting around contemplating where to waste my money next I settled on a 3.5ml DCT( dual coil tank)kit from healthcabin.com. Man again I was back in vaping heaven!! Crazy vapor, awesome flavor and a really warm vape and wicked cheap too. Oh yea they don't leak a single spec of juice. Also they look really nice on the ego batts.

At this stage I'll pass on some things I learned about using DCT with an ego batt. If you order them form healthcabin only order the blank tank replacements without carto's. Also get the adapter thingies that make the tank look flush with the batt.I'd put a link but not sure how sorry. Then order some smoktech single coil triple punched flanged carto's in a low resistance from juicewhore.com.au. It's a totally awesome match up and I couldnt be happier. Dual Coil cartos seemed to be way to hard on ego batts but the single coil absolutly shines and saves batt life. You can find those tanks here in Australia or at least different versions of. It's just that's where I originally found them. You'll love em trust me.

People are also ravng about the VK comet XL clearomizers from Vapeking.com.au. Apparently they vape really well and are probaly a warmer vape than a stardust. Hopefully you stick to your guns and don't get disheartened there's some really good stuff out there to try, just jump I'm and try everything untill your happy. Sometimes it's the only way lol

As for juices, I love juicewhores "Dels Ultimate Pipe" and "Maple Rum Tobacco". Also smokeless image and their "555" I'm still trying to find that perfect tobacco but they are a good place to start. Remember though everyone has different tastes so don't shoot me if YOU hate em.
    Have you tried a punched XL Boge carto on your DCT?
    I have not tried the single coil smoks but compared to the DC smoks, the Boges absolutely surpass them. Better vape all round, more fog, more flavor & equal if not better TH. Plus they are single coils & the draw from them is better, less airy.
    I found with the DC smoks I was also having to add more VG to my juice, than I need to with the Boges, which means with the Boges I can add less concentrated flavor to my mixes & still get the flavor I want.
    ElDubya and Rylee74 like this.
    Essie's Glass DTs

AVF Regular
    Okay so many replies, thanks heaps guys.

Noe, I may end up mixing my own but only just started so trying different flavours to see what I like, if i cant find anything I will definitely give it a try, I like the idea of adding caramel. Is that like caramel you can buy from a supermarket or do you need to get them from online suppliers? Glad to hear the boges LR are warm.

MizzD, not sure if they are LR or SR they just came with the vapebar ultimate starter kit, but the vape is distinctly coolish until I chain vape them warm, might have to try some v3 LR stardusts in the future.

JuzRyder, cheers I will definitely try that, I have ordered a couple of DCT smoktech tanks with dual coil but haven't got them yet, so I'll get the singles for sure. Definitely won't be getting disheartened vaping kicks smokings ass. I did have a look at juicewhore del's ultimate pipe and was tempted but until I get my head around the whole thing I'll probably just try premixed, don't want to overcomplicate things by mixing just yet.

Planning on getting some LR boges to test all the juices I've ordered while I'm waiting for the tanks to arrive.

Thanks heaps for all the replies, some great ideas to try. The credit card is about to get another bashing, my missus is already giving me grief about it.
    MizzD likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast