Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Noe

Thread: the burning taste

the burning taste

Being very new, I have filled my atomiser for the 1st time, but find it hard to avoid the burning taste from the refills.
    What could I be doing wrong?

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    What are you using??
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

The electronic cigarettes australia Pty Ltd brand

I understand the "Endurance" starter kit is compatible with joye 510 brand, with I've to educate myself with.
    I also got some empty cartridges and a sampler 5 pack from their newly opening "soulblu' store in Preston, Victoria.
    I got 1 lesson at the store to re-fill.
    I seemed to get it filled, and had a nice flavour for a while, then the taste started to get a burnt taste to it. The same thing happened with the new cartridge I filled.
    I'm only putting in the recommended .8ml in. What could I be doing wrong??

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    When you first fill them you must over fill them and leave for a while for them to absorb. While you are using them you need to keep them wet, or you will get the burnt taste when all the fluid has been used. My experience of this type of cartomizer is to top up frequently while being used. Once you get the burnt taste its too late and the damage has been done. As you are just starting, dont give up. Look around the forum and get some ideas for upgrading to something more user friendly. EgO with Stardust is my suggestion.
    Most of the Australian vendors sell them. Try Vapebar or Vapeking. Good luck lots of options to keep you on track.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

Super Moderator
    mybah, a picture is worth a thousand words. Show us a good photo of your gear and we should be able to help.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Those cartos(cartomizers) are similar to Boges, LR Boges, which are better than any similar carto I have tried, will fit the device you have with no problems.
    So I am going to assume that you filled them with the right amount of juice to start with, as they showed you at the store. It vaped well then started to lose flavor, then started to taste slightly burnt, am I right?
    If I am, then what you need to do is look for that drop in flavor, then fill with at least another 9 drops of juice, maybe as much as 15 drops,from the mouth end. You will see how much you need & learn how much by how dry it tastes, in a short amount of time. If the liquid starts to pool on top & not absorb after about 10 seconds, it is filled enough & may even leak a little from the battery end, which can be cleaned up with a tissue. The trick to filling it completely full is to watch how it is absorbing & stop just as it starts to pool on top.

Hopefully from the limited amount of info you provided, I diagnosed the problem correctly & then the above will solve your problem.
    The two cartos you "burnt" may be salvageable, depending on how badly they are burnt but I would start with a new one & taste for the change in flavor, when it starts to drop off, fill as I described & you won't have a problem.
    Then if that is working, you can assess how bad the other two cartos are & possibly save them or just bin them & buy some LR Boges, which are the preferred carto of this type by most vapers.
    Stoney likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!