Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Clearomizer choice and help

tez

Clearomizer choice and help

Hi everyone,

Ive been happily vaping for a bit now and have used a number of clearomizers.

- SR Vision Ego clearomizer from GH1
    - SR Vision Ego clearomizer from oz supplier
    - LR Vision Ego clearomizer V3
    - LR Kanga clearomizer

Juices are from Vapeking.

The best out of the 4 is the Kanga one. Seems to be a bit airy, although the flavour is consistent and always present.
    The Vision V3 is similar although I have only just started to use it.

The Vision ego clearomizers seem to be the poorest performer and Im not 100% sure why. Is it because they are SR?
    Im using the Ego-t 1000mah usb passthrough battery. Flavour just seems to taper off after a day or so.

I also just filled a new Vision ego clearomizer and the draw is tight that you cant vape anything. Are they all like this (as I have about 4 of them here).
    Seems to be a common problem with some of them, and the solution is to "adjust" it slightly, although once I screw it onto the battery, it pushes it back up again!

Sorry for all the questions, I know its a matter of trying things out and seeing what works best for me.
    I just dont want to order all these clearomizer and have them throw out.

Thanks

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    SR is standard resistance, LR is low resistance. So to compare apples to apples, you need to compare LR cartos to LR cartos & SR cartos to SR cartos.
    Since the LR kanger performed the best for you, I would get more of those.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    An ego-t battery will deliver you a constant voltage at the 3.3-3.4V mark no matter what you put on it. Because it's a lower voltage, you want a lower resistance. As the Vision V3 that you are using is a higher resistance, the battery is delivering less power to it. This gives you less vapour, a cooler vape and because of these reason, you also get less flavour. Do some research on the ego twist when you get a chance and if you think it will work for you, buy one, it will allow you to get the full potential out of the clearos you're using. It's basically a variable voltage battery that will allow you to deliver more power to both SR and LR atties/cartos/clearos.

The centre pin on your clearos is being pushed up by the centre pin on the battery. You can lower this down on the battery by pushing down on it with a suitable tool until its at the level you want it. You can lift it back up using a mini flat head screwdriver or something similar but it's not something that can be done really quickly. With this in mind, it may not suit your other clearos as you will be lifting it up and pushing it down every time you want to change between them.

Until (if) you buy a Twist, you're best using the LR clearos on the eGo-T battery.
    margyb and lilym like this.

(*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)

CCC
    If you use LRs then go back to SRs they seem to peform worse because you get used to the performance of the LRs and they are better imo. The one you have which is tight to draw on may work better on a different battery, it has something to do with the number of threads, and try not screwing it on too tight, just so it makes contact but may be a bit wobbly on there.

hey tez,

Also what "device" you use it on can effect the draw. I love my Lambo/ Apollo vtube as it gives an airy draw and i much prefer it especially when using ego clearomizers (stardusts) however u need an adapter.

I quite dislike the tight or stiff draw.

1363685.jpg

I got mine for apollo but heaps of places resell it as there own brand
    eteach likes this.
    Mods:Silverbullet - JIB Mini - VTube - Alpha Ultra - iTaste - Kick
    Vaping Since May 27th 2012

tez
    Thanks for the help, I might look at the ego twist so I can use the LR and SR clearomizers here.
    Another thought I had, with the ejuice I mix up (current using Vapeking ones) should I be leaving them for a few days / a week after mixing before using them?

Or it doesnt matter?

CCC
    It doesnt really matter, but you will find some are ready right away and some do need a few days, you can usually tell by how strong they smell after mixing. Go for the strongest smelling ones first.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    If you want to steep them properly, leave the cap off the drip bottles, so the juice can "breathe" a bit. I do this with my juices & it seems to make a difference, compared to when I don't. In fact I rarely keep the caps on them unless I am taking them out with me & instead keep the caps next to the bottles.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

tez
    Got my ego twist today so Im giving them a burl.

Just to test things out, I measured the voltage on my normal ego-t battery, and its putting out 3.95v or so, does that seem right?

is the ego t battery one of the ones that can switch to a higher voltage ?
    a normal ego puts out about 3.4v rms, you can't really measure it accurately without a $200 meter though as its pulsed.

otherwise .. yeh, thats ballpark for a near fully charged battery.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast