Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: How long to get over the 'dry' effect

How long to get over the 'dry' effect

I know from what I've read here, there & everywhere, that the dry throat, tongue etc is a common side effect - & I am experiencing this, which is making the vapeing a little bit more unpleasant, but I really want to stick with it - so I'm just wondering, how long does it take most of you to adapt to that dryness ? (I am trying to drink lots more water - but I think I need to increase it a bit more).

But anyways, my question is - does this tend to level out after a few days/weeks??

It is the only thing holding me back at the moment - I am loving the flavours - loving the substitute feel of the vapeing - but just not handling that dry feeling in my throat & on my tongue.
    But having said that, I have invested money, research & will power on just DOING this!
    I don't want to give it all away -
    I suppose its only a minor irritation - but I just want to know whether it eventually goes away?? (because at this time of year, I already suffer a lot from dry, itchy skin, nose & throat issues)

Thanks for any replies.

(maybe I should stock up on some hard boiled lollies, but I also read somewhere that Biotene mouthwash type products work well - & I know when mother (90 years old) was in hospital with emphysema this was a product that was given to her).

I just feel I have come so far - & don't want to let a little symptom like this hold me back - but though it is 'little' symptom, it is still making me feel a bit uncomfortable.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Hey sixties, hang in there.

I dont get the dry mouth thing, maybe because I run with heavy VG. At the moment the only PG is in my doublers, so I guess 90% VG. Not for everybody I guess.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

yeah. Robray has it.. .High VG = less dryness ect.. If your heavy on the PG in your juices youll get the 'dry horrors'. The trick is finding a balance.. Taste, vapour and comfort
    Robray likes this.
    "It's a Grower....Not a 'Shower'!!!" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Thanks mate - I have been kind of thinking to myself to add more VG - it kind of makes sense, but being so new to all this, you feel like you're wandering in the wilderness a little bit.
    Plus I just don't want to give it all away over something so simple...I am sure lots of people can give me some advice on this...after all, the nicotine/tar etc gave me lots of side effects, I guess I just got used to them over the years - I'm just trying to reach the happy medium for myself, which I am sure comes down to a very subjective thing.
    gtadmin likes this.

yes it will sixties.. TBH.. your best bet imo is to get a few 5-10ml bottles.. mix up various ratios test.. Id allow 2 days vaping for each different ratio. It seems a lot of people like 80pg 20vg. Im thinking personally im a 50/50 man, whilst others go the other way say 30pg 70vg. Brew up a few batches and test em out..

Well the pre-mixed stuff I ordered was 80%PG to 20%VG.
    I have over the last couple of days added a few more drops of VG - but maybe need to experiment more with some more VG.

I am NOT going to give up - there's got to be a happy balance out there for me somewhere. )

Bear in mind, though, that at my age (60 female) I think we tend to go through a bit of a stage of dehydration due to estragen levels & all that rubbish (plus bloody old age!!) - so yeah, I will hang in there & experiment
    a bit.

Thanks for your replies.

(plus I think I will buy shares in Woolworths hard boiled lollies or something similar - I am NOT going to give up on finding such a great alternative to smoking!)

ive been hitting both water and 'cups of tea' hard. as 80/20 is all i really have till me next nic shipment gets in, its 100vg and should allow me much more freedom in upping the VG. I bought some samplers from --->cop and they were high in the vg area... they tasted nice, were smooth and cool to vape and no DRY horrors. (yes he steeped em for a month) alas they are a little shy in the mg rating i want so, although tasting nice and being comfy im stuck with the 80/20 until i mix some more up
    Last edited by Rylee74; 02-08-12 at 08:01 PM. Reason: wtf is comgy??

AVF Regular
    Recommend Black Jelly beans!!!
    gtadmin likes this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob
    Recommend Black Jelly beans!!!
    deja vu time

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    deja vu time

GT, We will NOT derail this thread. I am going to ignore you!! I refuse to be baited!!!
    margyb and gtadmin like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast