Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Funny how things change from one day to the next...

Funny how things change from one day to the next...

I wrote a few days ago how I seemed to get a real a 'hayfever-like' attack, & immediately thought, as a newbie to all this, that it was a reaction to either the flavourings/the PG/the Nic - or whatever.

Took some advice & mixed up new batches with more VG - it improved the sneezes/coughing/dry throat, so I thought, yay- I'm on a winner.

But, lol, by the next couple of days everything just seemed so bland & unsatisfying.
    So now I have just gone back to my original mix of half nic juice & half flavoured juice, both at 80%PG 20% VG - & oh wow - it is so much more satisfying.

But just you wait - I'm sure in a couple of more days I'll be back here saying I've changed my mind again & found a better combo!
    Wow - its a learning curve, isn't it!! And changing all the time, it seems to me. I guess some time in the future I'll settle on something that really suits me over a long period of time...but meanwhile - more $$$ spent & more money in Aus Post's coffers whilst I try to find exactly what suits me (but like I keep telling hubby, its a fraction of what I spent on smokes)

I really think now that what I had was just a coincidental attack of hayfever...

Keep at it.. The reward is great when you finally have yourself 'settled' into a 'setup' that suits.
    "It's a Grower....Not a 'Shower'!!!" - Bender B. Rodriguez

It certainly is a learning curve - I was suddenly starting to get a little jittery/anxious a couple days ago (the latter for no external reason) - thought it was not enough vaping/too much vaping/PG/juice type etc. etc. - for me it turned out to be coffee; more specifically - caffeine. I was consuming coffee at the same level I was while smoking, so I tried dialing my caffeine intake back a bit and things have improved.

AVF Regular
    I cant drink coffee either cause it makes me jittery. I gave up coffee years ago when i realized at morning tea time a coffee and a cigarette made my heart race. So I gave up the coffee.

Super Moderator
    I'm still messing about with juices trying to find exactly what suits me - and I've been vaping for about 18 months. But TBH, it just keeps changing. Some juices taste better with more vg, some with less - and I still have periods where my taste buds go on strike and nothing seems to appeal. And my mood also extends to hardware - no idea why, but different mods appeal to me at different times. But I enjoy the whole process - and yes I've gone through lots and lots of mods ( I think i hold the record number of mods used on AV) but I've still saved a lot (at least $4000) in 18 months than what I would have spent on ciggies - so I don't give a toss.
    Now I'm not advocating becoming a mod junkie by any means - but don't you think that it's kinda fun to have different choices? I don't spend much on clothes or shoes (letting us women down there I know lol) but I do like to spend on vaping gear.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

Quote Originally Posted by giruvian View Post
    I don't spend much on clothes or shoes (letting us women down there I know lol) .
    Neither do I! I have been feeling a bit guilty about my purchases but you have given me another good excuse....might just go and place an order now ;-)
    giruvian likes this.

found it interesting that huangsen juice on an ego C ..
    apple is useable at up to 4.7v consistently, yet the tobacco tastes burnt over 4.3.

and I really liked both of them till 2 days ago and now I wish I had the dekangs that I ordered instead of these. At least if I got sick of them it was my fault, vendor boo boo sending me something I didn't ask for and now I think there is something missing in these that I like in the dekangs.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    I find different atties/cartos, of the same resistance, vaped at the same volts, like to vape the same flavor juice with different levels of PG/VG.
    Like for instance, a Boge carto is best at 20%VG while a Smok DC carto prefers 30% VG(with extra flavor concentrate to make up for the muted taste from the VG). Both of these are very similar in design,apart from the 2 coils on the DC but otherwise share a similar type of filler etc.

The trick is to find what device & carto/atty combo you like to use the best & then find the juice that vapes the best for your preference on that set up.
    Any change to the variables, PV, carto, atty, voltage, resistance, nic strength, % of flavor , can all change the ratio of PG/VG you will like when vaping.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

I had a strange reaction too when I first started. Couldn't taste anything, very dry mouth, my tongue felt numb, sore burnt like throat feeling. I was using an ego-t system with an atomizer. I order some tanks with cartos and it was light night and day. I don't use the tanks any longer because I decided to try Boge 510 LR cartomizers and I love them. You have to fill them more of course but it's not that big of a deal for me.

One thing I have noticed though is that my taste changes according to whatever I'm drinking. I'm from the Southern part of USA originally and I have to have my sweet iced tea but sadly when I drink iced tea and vape, it gives me dry mouth. When I drink Cola and vape I don't have that same problem. I vape menthol for the most part. I am strange I guess. I mix all kinds of stuff together in my carto at one time..haha. I have HC slims (like Virginia Slims Menthol) and HC B&H gold and silver (both 18mg). I mix them down to get about 9mg. I mix them 50/50 in half the bottle then I add strawberry 0 nic to fill the rest of the bottle. I add a drop or 2 of other flavors in there to give me a hit of something different if I get bored. I wish one flavor would work for me but after trial and error I'm not complaining atm so I guess whatever works.

Hope your all better now. Stupid Flu has been going around here in Tassie.
    margyb likes this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Alisa, I am going to assume you use the standard length Boges, so if you want to reduce the amount of filling you need to do with them, then get one of these:
    4.5ml Colored DCT Tube for 35mm Cartomizers
    This is the 6ml version for use with XL cartos:
    6ML Colored 510 DCT (Dual Coil Tank) Cartomizer MOD(1.5/2.0ohm)

I use the XL Boges in a 6ml version of that tank & it is awesome not having to fill it constantly. The tanks also seem to prolong the life of the cartos because the carto is constantly wet & doesn't get to the stage where it is dry & needs to be filled.
    You will also need to punch or slot holes into your Boges, VapeKing has an easy to use one here:
    Stainless Steel Carto Punch V2

Hope this was helpful
    GirlyPantz likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast