Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 1 Day old Vapor - Ego C problems

AVF Regular

1 Day old Vapor - Ego C problems

So my ego C starter pack arrived in the mail yesterday from heaven gifts along with some juice.

Day 1
    Ive never tried an ecig untill now, unfortunately my first few tokes were harsh, dry hits. A little frustrated i changed the atomizer and it seemed to help although i still need to be a little careful on not dragging too heavily as it may be dry. It feels a little like russian roullette, never know what sort of hit you're gonna get. It was 3pm when i got it up and running, between then and bed time, I only had
    two analogues (usually would have around 10 in this period, probably more as i had a few wines).

Day 2
    Driving to work, i have a toke and its harsh. Try again after my coffee at work and its still harsh & dry. Very frustrating as i'm probably going to have an analogue now.

Anyway, i can see the potential, but im off to a bad start.

Would love some tips on how to fix this ego C (i've figured out what the C stands for).

And i'm already thinking of upgrading to something more reliable which can allow a stronger vape.

Try putting a drop onto the pointy part of the arty before you put the tank on it (worked for ego A/B anyway). Also new attys can have a couple of primer puffs.

What strength juice are you using? What PG/VG is it? High VG juices can have wicking prOblems..

Welcome to the weird world of Vaping

I dont have any experience with the ego-c, but someone else might be able to help you with that setup.
    I did have an ego-t that gave me heaps of trouble. I bought some clearomisers, like the "vision stardusts" and they performed alot better than the ego-t setup. They just screw onto the ego battery you already have. Check out vapeking.com.au they are advertised on their main page.

Ecigs: Halo G6-->Ego 650mAh-->Apex Ultra-->Smoketech VMAX-->Smoketech VMAX SS-->Smoketech Gripper VV-->Gus G22-18350-->Gus Telescopic-->Diablo Hybrid-->Caravela!

AVF Regular
    get Boge LR's + 6 ml DCT tank .. and hole puncher ... ya never look back .. better taste .. lots of vapor .... Stardust like Russian roulette as well .. dry burns .. taste funky horrible ...
    Noe likes this.
    http://forums.aussievapers.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2478&dateline=1380789817

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by chilli View Post
    Try putting a drop onto the pointy part of the arty before you put the tank on it (worked for ego A/B anyway). Also new attys can have a couple of primer puffs.

What strength juice are you using? What PG/VG is it? High VG juices can have wicking prOblems..

Welcome to the weird world of Vaping
    I've got a few different juices, im using a 18mg VG Vanilla currently.

The others are Maryland Tobacco 36mg PG, Cappuccino 18mg PG, No Flavor 36mg PG.

I did try the no flavor PG briefly but had the same results.

What do you mean about the primer puffs?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by X-BoNeS-X View Post
    get Boge LR's + 6 ml DCT tank .. and hole puncher ... ya never look back .. better taste .. lots of vapor .... Stardust like Russian roulette as well .. dry burns .. taste funky horrible ...
    I'm having trouble following you here, still a confused noob. Can you supply links?

AVF Regular
    Oh and thanks for the welcome guys

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sign me up View Post
    I'm having trouble following you here, still a confused noob. Can you supply links?
    Tanks

Boge Cartomizers

Stainless Steel Carto Punch V2
    http://forums.aussievapers.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2478&dateline=1380789817

Hopefully someone that understands this better can add to this, but i think some of the ego C batteries have a different voltage mode? Is it possible that the voltage is too high?

Hello sign me up. It is unusual to have problems with the Ego C but the first few hits on a new atomiser head can be a bit hit and miss. Did you blow out the gunk in them before using. They come with primer fluid so you need to but the none pointy end between your lips and blow into a tissue. Try that even though it is not new. Then put the head back on, make sure it is firmly seated, insert the tank and without pressing the button take some strong draws. This will force the ejuice into the atomiser and start it dripping onto the heater coil in the atomiser. Then draw away normally. A typical draw is about 3 or 4 seconds not like smoking.

After a while the atomiser head will come good just be patient and you will find the C to be one of the best devices on the market. Tanks and cartomisers might be for you down the track but for now the Ego C is your best bet.

The 36mg juice is going to be too harsh for you and the 18-24mg range is a better starting point. Get some vegetable glycerine (VG) from the chemist (Glycerol BP) and add equal parts of that to the 36mg juice eg 5ml + 5ml and you will have 10ml of 18mg juice. You may need to add some distilled water to the glycerine because it is pretty thick (get that from Woolies in the home cleaning dept normally marked as for use with irons). Also you can use Vodka to thin the glycerine. The VG will give you a nice lot of vapour but may dull the taste. Later on you can get some flavour concentrate from local suppliers to add to the VG + 36mg unflavoured nicotine to make your own juice. The concentrates to look for are those made my FlavourArt, Lorran Oils and Perfumers Apprentice. You can use the coconut Queens flavour from Woolies but you will need to use it at a strength of about 20% because it is not as concentrated as the others mentioned. Do not use any flavours where the ingredients mention oils eg orange oil extract.
    Last edited by valleyjohn; 07-08-12 at 11:59 AM.
    chilli likes this.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast