Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Newbie on 510T needs some help, please..

AVF Regular

Unhappy Newbie on 510T needs some help, please..

Hiyas

I've just cleaned out my atomiser after having juice leaking through it all and down into the battery. So I'm a little bit cranky..

I'd ordered 20 of what I hope is the genuine Joye extra-large 510T tanks; and a genuine atomiser, which arrived today.
    Trouble is, the cartridges are quite different from the ones that came with the (what might be an aftermarket setup).

Firstly, the tanks that came with the setup have a little rubber stopper for piercing (which makes way more sense), while the 'genuine' ones have a hard plastic cap, and permanent big hole, hence the leak all through my battery.
    The other difference is that the 'genuine' ones came with a rubbery condomy thing on the atomiser end, however it doesn't fit into the atomiser at all. So there goes the hope that this is to stop leakage.

It works ok-ish, for no nicotine, but I'm wanting to upgrade anyway, especially if I have to recharge as often as I do, and be so careful about which way to keep this thing so it doesn't leak everywhere. A sticky handbag a really cranky dragon makes!

What do you think? Which is genuine? And why on earth would they sell tanks with great big, leaky holes???? Surely I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance :-)

I bought extra lge tanks for the 510 T. No problem, as long as they for T both std and x lge will fit. The end of the tank needs to be pierced before use. Do this by pushing onto atty. Do it before juice preferably. They also come with a soft cap so juice doesnt spill when tank is stored out of the atty. Mine has never leaked. Take a photo of tank and I will see if I can help.
    margyb, gtadmin and essiemessy like this.
    I am woman hear me roar

AVF Regular
    Hey, thanks, CF :-)

Right, the rubber cap is for travel. Cool. Makes sense. Yep, I pierced the cap with the atomiser before filling.

Ok, here's a pic of the two different cartridges. The one of the left is the XL one with the hard plastic hole. The one on the right is the first one I got with my kit, with a rubbery cap. The atomiser is the aftermarket one (nothing printed on it).
    I tried another one, and yep, still leaking.

I hope it's easy enough to see what's there.

One more question.. is it possible to get a throat hit without nicotine?

Super Moderator
    Does the XL fit (other than the leaking I mean)? If so, swap the caps over. The rubbery one (actually silicon) is the one to use.
    essiemessy likes this.

Is the tank pushed in far enough. When ayyached to atty it shouold feel flush. Slide your finger over the join. Should feel smooth, if not push harder. Never had a leaking problem with mine.
    essiemessy likes this.
    I am woman hear me roar

On the question of throat hit without nicotine some people have success with Flash made by FlavourArt and also menthol gives a sort of throat sensation.
    essiemessy likes this.

only ever used the hard plastic (genuine) ones and have never had a problem with leaking, not around the hole anyway.

I can't tell from the photo anything wrong.

does it leak when used, the trick with tanks is do not store them upright. upside down its impossible to leak, thats the way to pocket it.
    essiemessy likes this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

CCC
    When you insert the tank do you push it down far enough that you hear it click into place? And for throat hit try menthol flavours.
    virtualphoenix and essiemessy like this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Get a better device & cartomizers & you will have less problems & better battery life.
    ElDubya and essiemessy like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Thanks muchly, all.
    Been away for a day or two, so acknowledging now :-)

Thanks for the info and help. Yep, I've been doing all that, but it's still hit and miss. Or maybe I'm just not that patient. I love that I'm nicotine free, and am using the menthol, which helps. Thanks for the suggestions, those who chimed in about it.

Noe.. Yes! (couldn't resist a giggle there - no, yes.. titter) I've been doing my head in checking it all out.. Clearo/1000 battery looks the go, but I'm still very confused. I had an easier time buying my first out-of-P-plates motorcycle!

I do get a reasonable vape from the 510Ts, but I'm sick of the leakage. I make sure the tank's pushed far enough in, with the aftermarket atty and the genuine; ditto with the tanks - real or otherwise. Swapping them over, keeping OEM/OEM; Gen/Gen. When they all fit nicely and it's a great vape for a whole tankful, it's fantastic. I'm very happy with them, and they're keeping me off the fags, which is why I'm using them in the first place (Week five starts today, FWIW), but when it's all just a gooey mess and I have to clean everything down AND both batteries need charging, well, it just sucks.
    It doesn't help either that a whole ciggy cabinet is right beside me at my workstation. I work in a milk bar, so temptation is right at my fingertips!

Anyway, I hope to look into an order in the next few days when I get my head around the best combo to get. I have to say this site is great for that kind of research, and I am trying to find as much as I can, and make sense of it before bothering you all with more silly questions. So thanks for just having all the info here :-)

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast