Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Dry Burning

Dry Burning

Apologies for starting a new thread for this because I am sure the information is on here somewhere, but after lots of searching I just can't seem to find anything relevant.

I have read so many references to dry burning, but I can't for the life of me find any instructions on what it is or how to do it.

I have been using comets recently with mixed success, and have read that a dry burn after the first fill helps a lot. I am just finding that on about the third time I fill them I start getting a burnt taste. It varies in intensity from hit to hit but always seems to be there on a few different comets with a few different flavours. I am wondering if dry burning might help this? I have read through the whole comet thread and am using all the tips on filling etc but just can't get it right.

Anyone who can point me in the right direction would be very appreaciated.

AVF Regular
    dry burning is a method used to remove the buildup of gunk on your coil ive only used it for cleaning but im sure theres other reasons to do it aswell but i dont know any sorry. I usually press the fire button down for a few seconds then release it and repeat until you see the coil glowing red. once you see it glowing red dont do it anymore otherwise theres a chance you will kill your atty

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    You should get more than 3 fills before needing to dry burn them.
    One of the problems with comets is in how you fill them.
    When you fill make sure it is directly upside down, then draw the plunger back on your syringe to suck air/juice back into the tank part before filling it with juice. That gets the old juice out of the atty part of the comet & makes sure you aren't flooding it. Then do not over fill it, fill only to where the inner tube starts to widen.
    Then when it is full, take a few primer puffs on it (puff without firing the button on your PV) to get it wicked & ready.
    That should solve the issue you described, I think, try that first if it doesn't fix it let us know
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Va Perth
    GT tried to explain it to me here but i havent been able to pull one apart yet
    see post 157

New Arrival - VK COMET 510 XL Clearomizer!
    gtadmin likes this.

Super Moderator
    My Method , ... I rinse out clearos .... pop into ultrasonic cleaner for a couple of cycles , then let them dry for a bit.
    If your wicks still have a bit of moisture in them , they will steam a bit ... I do a controlled few seconds on , few seconds off , til they clear off the excess water, then one long press til it just glows abit ... then a few seconds to cool ... then one last hit , where I let the coil glow fully , for no more than a second or two .
    Be careful LOL .. I have had one or two spit a hot micro chunk of crud at me with a suprising POP ! Its best not to be staring straight down the barrel when this happens ...ask me how I found out :P
    Then back into the ultrasonic bath for one final zap to get crud crumbs out of the wick ... dry and fill and vape

Burnt taste can also come a bit if you are using sweet liquids , if they have a small amount of sugar in them it makes toffee on the coils lol

edit ... or the link Margy just put up LOL
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by margyb View Post
    Va Perth
    GT tried to explain it to me here but i havent been able to pull one apart yet
    see post 157

New Arrival - VK COMET 510 XL Clearomizer!
    Just about to submit the link myself when I saw you answered it already

Can't you get the tube off margy ?
    margyb likes this.

AVF Regular
    No I am not strong enough in the wrists. I will have to ask the old man when he is in an amicable mood.
    The second one is going fine so I will try and pull apart the first one that leaked just to practice.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by margyb View Post
    No I am not strong enough in the wrists. I will have to ask the old man when he is in an amicable mood.
    The second one is going fine so I will try and pull apart the first one that leaked just to practice.
    Mount it on a battery, hold the battery at the end away from the Comet, grab the Comet by the mouthpiece and wiggle
    margyb likes this.

Super Moderator
    I should add I meant wiggle the Comet
    margyb likes this.

AVF Regular
    OK Just pulled it apart YAY
    will try dry burning
    but the little white fluffy wicks look pretty clean cause it has hardly been used

You put the metal atty in the microwave ? Wont it arc or something?
    Last edited by margyb; 14-08-12 at 10:03 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast