Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: BIG Newbie Mistake....Please help me clarify

BIG Newbie Mistake....Please help me clarify

Hi All,

I think I have made a big mistake with my first order to greenhouse one....in fact I am pretty sure of it!

I placed the order about 5 weeks ago and I dont remember exactly what I had in it and for some reason the GH1 site is telling me my email address is not registered so I can't go back and see what was on it.

My problem is I thought I would buy some unflavoured PG and VG, and I thought I bought a 30ml bottle of each. I haven't used the PG but when I have been mixing my normal 100% PG with 100% PG doublers I have added a "squirt" of the VG....that's just how precise my mixing has been!

So today I took a close look at the VG bottle and it has 2 little clear stickers on it, 1 says VG and the other says 60mg!! So I pretty much know the answer already 😳 but I am pretty sure I have bought 60mg unflavoured nic in 100% PG and 100% VG!!!!!

Is there any other possible explanation for this that anyone can suggest? Pretty dumb I know but it was my first order.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by VaPerth; 15-08-12 at 02:05 PM.
    Stoney likes this.

Umm.

I know its not safe but I suppose I would dilute it down to like 10-20mg using other PG and VG and dab a tiny bit (not a full drop just tiny bit) on your finger and see if you can taste the nic lol. (Ive done this many times)

DON'T USE THAT METHOD IF ITS 60MG STRAIGHT.

Other than that suppose you could buy a testing kit.
    Last edited by Sehn; 15-08-12 at 01:21 PM.

Dilute it with distilled water man up and give it the taste test :P

Nicotine testing kits seem hard to come by and they seem to be expensive.

Unless you buy a testing kit your only option is to treat the label as good and mix accordingly. If you want to you could mix equal parts VG and PG with the labeled 60mg VG and PG giving you four 30ml bottles of 30mg VG and PG. Then you can mix as you would normally mix with 30mg base juice. If the juice is actually 30mg to start with the worst that will happen is you have halved your intake of nicotine.

Another test is to mix up a few mls of half supposedly 60mg with equal amount of VG or PG and try a trial vape. If you get a very big throat hit and fairly harsh your trial mix is 30mg and therefore the labels are correct. In that case when you mix future ejuices make sure you use 60mg as the base starting point in calculations of juice. When using 60mg you will have to be a bit more precise when mixing and take precautions about spilling it on your skin.

It will be 60mg nic base. Just treat it as such.

RC

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by VaPerth View Post
    Sorry, in no way meant to accuse the vendor of an error, I am sure the error was all mine and apologize if I didn't make that clear.

I would be interested in getting a test kit can someone point me in the right direction to get one of those.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    if you want a test kit I recommend this
    purchase details in the first post
    http://forums.aussievapers.com/gener...est-group.html
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

totally agree with RC, no need for a test kit, treat it as 60mg nic.
    ElDubya likes this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Super Moderator
    What Stoney and RC said

AVF Regular
    And this is why I am happy I have a nic test kit.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    GH1 should have sent you an email when you ordered, go back through your emails & see if you have it.

I too would treat the stuff you have as 60mg/ml, if you want to be sure my nic test kit is sitting next to me feeling neglected, bring some around(since you are in Perth) & we can test it.
    margyb likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast