Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Noe
  • 1 Post By London Fog

Thread: EgoC, Boges & Tanks.

AVF Regular

EgoC, Boges & Tanks.

So my new package arrived (#3) and i get home last night and try and put a tank system on my Ego.

First i try and poke a couple of holes in the Boge carto down the battery end. I was having issues getting the carto to fit into the hole punch so i had to remove the black wrapper. Now, because i removed the wrapper, it doesnt fit into the tank ends as tight as it would with the black wrapper.

The vape was pretty damn nice though. But i had to pull it apart because it's just not a tight enough fit. The tank slides around a little and there is a little juice escaping down the bottom.

Is there another way to tighten this up? Or do i need to be punching / slotting with the black wrapper on the carto?

what kind of tank is it? some are kinda slidey anyway, some you get tighter o rings with, you did the right thing taking the black plastic off first, you dont want that in your juice
    ...at 6 foot 6 and a hundred tons, the undisputed king of the slums...

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    You should only be using the stainless steel Boges with tanks or removing the wrapper & cleaning the Boge down to the stainless, you don't want dyes, glue & plastics leaching into your juice.
    Depending on where exactly you punched the Boge, the leak may be being caused by the slight distortion of the carto. When I punch mine I make sure that the hole is going to be at least a few mm above the top of the bottom tank cap.
    You can get an eGo cone adapter from HC or other places that prevent the tank sliding down on an eGo & a Vase or other wide base type drip tip will help stop it sliding up. Like these here:
    DT
    Colored Calabash Drip Tip for 510/901 (7 colors)
    Cone
    eGo Steel Sleeve Cone (Type C / Type D) [F-D7 DC TypeCD] - $2.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

You can also go to bunnings & look for better o-rings if you want, just take one of the inner o-rings out with a small jewelers screwdriver & take it with you to compare sizes.
    Fatman likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

be sure to hoof one of the staff at bunnings right in the bollocks, useless gits one and all
    CMB likes this.
    ...at 6 foot 6 and a hundred tons, the undisputed king of the slums...

and if its smoktech with boge without doing Noe's suggestions it will be slidey. very slidey.

I don't like it so i try not to use smoktech tanks
    Mods:Silverbullet - JIB Mini - VTube - Alpha Ultra - iTaste - Kick
    Vaping Since May 27th 2012

AVF Regular
    It was the Delrin End Caps with Siam Mods Pyrex Glass Tanks XL

Delrin End Caps

Siam Mods Pyrex Glass Tanks

The boge carto fits nice and snug with the black wrapper. Without it it slides a little (with or without a hole punched).

Noe
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Get a cone & driptip, that'll stop it sliding up or down too far.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Get a cone & driptip, that'll stop it sliding up or down too far.
    Oh i got a drip tip on order #3. Order #4 went out this morning. Cone will have to wait for #5.

Noe
    The other thing is to get thicker o-rings, you want them to have the same external diameter, while being thicker overall. That way they will have a thinner inner diameter & grip the carto better.
    Essie's Glass DTs