Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Flavour dropping off

tez

Flavour dropping off

Hi everyone

I've been vaping for about 2 months now and have used a range of cartomizers and clearomizers.

Currently have the vision v3 clearomizers.

What I find is that after 2-3 hits the flavour of the subsequent vapes loses the flavour.

If I rest the clearomizer for say 5 minutes then it's fine to vape for another 2-3 hits. Then repeat.

Am I doing something wrong here? The liquid is 70PG/30VG.
    Last edited by tez; 16-08-12 at 06:52 PM.

AVF Regular
    I always find the longer you stick to one flavour the taste drops off.
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

CCC
    Where is the liquid from?

tez
    Juice is from Vapeking and nic from gh1.

The thing is its just a drop off after 2-3 vapes and then resting it brings the flavour back.

It feels as though the juice is not getting to the coil

It's the neurons in your taste buds that are dropping off me thinks. Strong flavours will soon make you insensitive to the same flavour until the taste buds start to kick in again. It's is just the way neurons are designed - for economy if nothing changes (same taste) they do not send more messages to the brain - same old same old etc. Try staring at something fixed on the wall and notice how your vision goes dim as the neurons in the optic nerve stop refreshing the information to the brain. There is so much info from the visual field that only changes are noted and the other static stuff filled in by the memory of what was there before. Same thing with taste buds. Well that's my theory anyway!
    London Fog likes this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by valleyjohn View Post
    It's the neurons in your taste buds that are dropping off me thinks. Strong flavours will soon make you insensitive to the same flavour until the taste buds start to kick in again. It's is just the way neurons are designed - for economy if nothing changes (same taste) they do not send more messages to the brain - same old same old etc. Try staring at something fixed on the wall and notice how your vision goes dim as the neurons in the optic nerve stop refreshing the information to the brain. There is so much info from the visual field that only changes are noted and the other static stuff filled in by the memory of what was there before. Same thing with taste buds. Well that's my theory anyway!
    Good theory ... if the taste goes away for a week or two But for 5 minutes ... and then comes back?

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Do you get the same thing with cartomizers, Tez?

I can't get stardusts and other clearomizer type devices to wick fast enough for me either. The only one that seems to work ok is the VK Comet.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    If you are able to get the same amount of vapor from the first few puffs as you do the next half dozen but the flavor is dropping after the first few puffs, then I'd say it's a heating issue.
    As you puff more the heat builds on the coil, as you said the first few puffs have good flavor then it drops off, some juices prefer a lower temp.

If the vapor (fog) also drops off, then it is a wicking issue.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Sik
    could also just be the clearo struggling to wick. Less juice on the coil, closer to a dry hit = less flavour
    Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity

tez
    I am thinking it could be the juice is top thick which may explain why I get a couple of good hits then a loss of flavour.

I will try adding a drop of water to thin it put slightly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast