Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: What kit to get?

What kit to get?

Hey guys, I've been lurking around unregistered for some time and now I've decided I actually want to buy one of these...

I've only tried my friends Tornado T which he got from the UK, and it seems to do the job.

I've been looking around and came across the Joyetech eGo-T kits which look really good, but just read somewhere that it can taste burnt

Is this true? So has anyone used the Tornado T kits from Totally Wicked and can tell me if it's good quality. I don't want to spend $65 - $80 and have a shitty one.

I'm only looking for one that looks simple and has good battery life, I'll be charging it everyday anyway..

Cheers guys.

AVF Regular
    Welcome to the forum. Ego-c seem to be all the rage these days.
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

just grab a standard ego C kit and you likely will need nothing more.
    I have lots of stuff .. yet use an ego C on stock standard voltages the majority of the time.
    ego T sucks..
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Why does the T suck? Could you explain more? And does the C not cause the burnt taste?

I don't see the difference besides being able to change the atomizer head, what's the benefit?

the ego T has a large amount of metal foam used for wicking, it takes a lot of heat out of the device and soaks up all the nasty residue from the juice. the top is virtually impossible to remove so it can not be cleaned easily or well.
    the ego C has no metal in it at all apart from the heater. the top can be fairly easily pulled off to clean. vapour is much the same but flavour is far better and pefromance is fairly consistent over a longer time.
    attys are cheaper to change compared to replacing an ego T.
    changing flavour in a T takes ages, maybe hours, in a C it is literally 2 or 3 puffs after a tank change.
    margyb likes this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

+1 eGo C

Wheres that stages thing I wrote out?!
    margyb likes this.

AVF Regular
    Hey special K, congrats on making the decision to try out vaping.

Just thought it was worth mentioning that the Totally Wicked products are rebranded JoyeTech products. So the Tornado T = eGo-T and the Tornado C = eGo-C.
    Your better off just getting the JoyeTech gear as it will be cheaper for the same product.

I haven't tried the eGo-C but Stoney raves on about it so I'm guessing it's good. It's basically an improved eGo-T.
    I quit with the eGo-T and it's okay but not great. Tended to leak, would sometimes flood and other times it would dry hit.

You could grab the eGo-C and a couple of Stardusts (also known as CE4+, Vision eGo). You're sure to be satisfied with these.
    margyb likes this.

(*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)

The problem with non-variable voltage eGos such as the eGo-T and the eGo-C, in my opinion, is that you don't know what your preferred throat hit is with them. They only push out 3.4V.

3.4V, even with a LR stardust or even a LR Boge510 cartomiser doesn't deliver a strong enough throat hit for me.

With variable voltage, you can crank up the voltage to that specific level that you love.

I highly recommend an eGo-C twist kit with LR stardust clearomisers, if you want to stick to the eGo models.
    Last edited by mavinry4; 21-08-12 at 07:34 PM.
    Ravenscroft and margyb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    the ego T has a large amount of metal foam used for wicking, it takes a lot of heat out of the device and soaks up all the nasty residue from the juice. the top is virtually impossible to remove so it can not be cleaned easily or well.
    the ego C has no metal in it at all apart from the heater. the top can be fairly easily pulled off to clean. vapour is much the same but flavour is far better and pefromance is fairly consistent over a longer time.
    attys are cheaper to change compared to replacing an ego T.
    changing flavour in a T takes ages, maybe hours, in a C it is literally 2 or 3 puffs after a tank change.
    Oh, I thought that they were both the same in terms of material used except the atomizer base and head could be removed.

Well now I've just read on someone elses post that they bought an eGo-C recently and it had a horrible burn taste so I'm having doubts..

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    just grab a standard ego C kit and you likely will need nothing more.
    I have lots of stuff .. yet use an ego C on stock standard voltages the majority of the time.
    ego T sucks..
    Other people prefer Stardusts over the eGo-C. They're not wrong but they're not right. It all comes down to what the user likes best.
    You can't judge what someone will prefer, that's why it's good for a beginner to buy a few different types of atty/clearos to see what's best for them.

(*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast