Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Massive throat hit, cough my lungs up, no vapor...huh?

Massive throat hit, cough my lungs up, no vapor...huh?

Howdy all, bit nervous so excuse me..

I've searched and read I think every single thread regarding coughing.. But this seems odd to me.

I've got an eGo-C with a clearomizer, 6mg PG HG Roasted Coffee (at the moment)
    Today at 11am my goody bag arrived and I decided to dive in headfirst. Haha.

So I haven't had a stinky fag (hah, this feels so weird to rag on my (ex)beloved cigarettes) since this morning.

I've been smoking for 15 years, 10 years on Winfield 8mg, 5 years Winfield 1mg. Pack a day, on a good day. More when on the vodkas.

I'm drawing on my eGo like I would smoke a cig (draw into the mouth, hold a few seconds or more, then inhale into lungs) so that part I'm doing right.
    Slow draws. Tick.
    Cough like a... Bugger.. TICK.

What gives? I ordered some VG so I put a couple of drops in to test, as I read it can help with softer throat hit. It did, somewhat, but then the juice seemed too weak. Sigh.

So I've been taking smaller draws (not like they were heavy to begin with) but then I get pretty much zero vapour to exhale. Feels like fresh air man. With a coffee flavour. Lol.

I've got all ranges of flavors and strengths ranging from 0mg to 24mg, as the Man is doing it as well, and smokes stronger cigs than me. So I've tried his red bull 18mg (and nearly died, heh) but got plenty of vapor, etc.

everyone coughs a bit at the start, you get used to it. its not the same as smoke.

HG coffee is a very dark juice and clogs up attys pretty quick .. unless they have changed it, i used to mix it down to only about 20% of its original strength.
    when attys clog up, they start to put out some nasty smokey crap.
    GirlyPantz likes this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    Dont worry Heavenly
    You will get it sorted
    were you only smoking 1mg winnies and now started vaping?
    Maybe you should try a lower nic concentration in your ejuice

Cheers Stoney.
    I was sick of the results, went to put the ego battery on charge, and there was juice in the battery.. Bit.. Thing. Good explanation, I know.
    That's not normal is it? Gave it a wipe out as much as I could and put it on charge. Meh.

Got out the 510-T and 11mg (mad cravings for a few hours, curse you stinkies) Winston, and no coughing. Smooth as. Tastes like licking the inside of a bag of rollies, but, no cough. Plus vapor.

Do you think it's the ego, its too strong for me? The coffee? Both? Lol.

Oops, ya snuck in there margyb :P

Yeah, 1mg Winfield Ultimates. Pack a day.
    Probably were really 4mg as I'd find I'd cheat and hold my fingers over the holes to get a stronger drag. Haha.
    margyb likes this.

no vapor? sounds like a dry hit mate as in juice not reaching the coil
    ...at 6 foot 6 and a hundred tons, the undisputed king of the slums...

AVF Regular
    When I first started I ordered Cappuccino flavour from and it made me nearly throw up.
    It isnt easy when you first start and a lot of trial and error.
    Just keep asking questions. Sorry I cant help with ego c as I havent used one. Maybe there was some primer in the ego C ?? Help anyone ??

I blew away the first few puffs in case of primer.
    It's been like it all day... Had to go places, so took it with me as my.. Replacement fags.
    London Fog, wouldn't a dry hit mean I wouldn't get a throat hit though? Or am I confused? Probably. Lol.

soz, missed the no vapour bit.

hmm, i would swap out the atty insert and do not use the HG coffee in it, the ego C was made for lighter dekang strength juices. it has a tiny wick that easily clogs up with dark juices. avoid them totally.
    the occasional drip on the battery happens, some tanks can be a problem, i had one that made it gurgle last week, threw it away.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

once it clogs up, with little juice it runs hot and produces yuck fumes that can be pretty rough on the throat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast